Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Count me as one of the slackjaws who didn't see the fact that Ego killed Quill's mom coming. I figured he was responsible, just not in a direct fashion. The whole theater lost its poo poo when that happened and pretty much everyone either gasped or gave an "oh poo poo"

Dave Batista remains the funniest person in the cast, against all odds and good sense, while Michael Rooker and Karen Gillan were the people who most surprised me both with the directions their characters went in and their performances. GOTG2 feels like a much more personal movie than the first, and at some point each character has to deal with poo poo from their past that shaped them. Yondu and Rocket murdering most of the Ravagers and then having a heartfelt shouting match was actually a moment that I really loved. Props to both of the actors in that scene for selling a particularly emotional moment despite the fact that one is covered in makeup and the other is a CGI character.

I also found it funny just how big a role Sean Gunn has in this movie. By the third one he'll be on the team at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Abalone Malone posted:

Drax's impressed response to Ego saying that his self created Penis "wasn't too bad" was great.
Batista was excellent in this movie.

I didn't expect Batista to turn out to be a decent actor, much less this great in a comedic role. He's not The Rock, but in terms of WWE performers-turned-actors he's kinda killing it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

i wouldn't have thought a man once known primarily for "can you smell what The Rock is cooking" to be capable of comedy, much less be good at it

The Rock was always funny tho

Serf
May 5, 2011

Superman is a badguy, so it makes sense.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Crying owns actually. I definitely teared up at Guardians 1 when Rocket has his breakdown in the bar, and this one had plenty of that towards the end with Yondu's whole "he may have been your father but he wasn't your daddy" line and his space funeral.

Serf
May 5, 2011

For real just don't engage with Bravest. I can't pinpoint the exact moment when it stopped being funny, but it feels like it was weeks ago.

Serf
May 5, 2011

One of my favorite little bits.

Serf
May 5, 2011

SleepCousinDeath posted:

just watched this, here are some shots from my favorite scene:

drat that is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Phylodox posted:

I've never added anyone to my ignore list before, but I'm pretty tempted, let me tell you.

Can't do it on mobile, though, can you?

You could also just stop reading their posts. Its remarkably easy.

• Locked thread