Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Pretty disappointed myself - too much floaty action with easy unearned wins against hordes of mooks, and too many jokes that were driven into the ground. Drax just isn't particularly funny, Nebula's facial effects aren't good enough for all the screen time we spend on her desperately trying to emote through rubber, and the various plot turns just felt arbitrary. Gamora really needed something to do in this movie that wasn't rehashing the last one.

Characters who shouldn't have showed up this time: Yondu, Nebula, Groot.

I liked Ego's ship though, and the Sovereign and Ayesha were way more fun than they deserved to be as b-antagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Is this a spoiler thread btw?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Yeah Ayesha was pretty much the highlight of the movie as far as characters go for me - the final scene with her was understated-funny in a way that the rest of the movie didn't hit for me.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Taserface was one that I found way funnier in retrospect once I got home and discovered that it's an actual comics character.

• Locked thread