Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Just saw it, thought it was great, the action was cool, the character moments were sweet, the jokes were funny.

Only thing that didn't work for me was Mantis, felt she was undeveloped and just kind of there as a tool for the finale. She's fun though so hope she gets some characterization in the sequel.

Were the aliens in the post credit scenes anyone important? I got the sovereign reference Adam Warlock but not those other two.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

In the comics he's aparently some furry alien wearing a robot suit that tried to conquer the earth or something once.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Human probably just means people in context, I think Peter in particular gets called a teran at some point.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One thing I'm not sure I got - did Peter and Gamora hook up at the end or not?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'd preffer Peter just letting it go and them settling on "love as family" but if they need to hook up yea, just get it out of the way.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is "the talk" still a thing? Kids have internet and tablets now, they already know about dick jokes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's a movie, the comedy comes from what the characters say and do. If you want an example of visual comedy shot though, that would be the "700 jumps" sequence.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I know an autistic kid who does the Drax thing, it's like he knows something is a joke, and that you are supposed to laugh at jokes - so that's what he does. Found that part pretty realistic, Drax still doesn't really get social stuff but tries so hard.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Though that begs the question why he didn't just take a vacation, being immortal it's not like his grand plan was on a strict shedule.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

Sorry if this was covered and I missed it, but what made Peter special?

Maybe he isn't and he just tested the others too soon.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Heroes winning is a foregone conclusion in most media, it really is about the spectacle along the way.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Comic book Mantis is all kinds of bad so changing her is probably for the better.

I do agree they didn't do much with her though, hope they will in the sequel.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Rocket isn't from Earth.

Movie one might be, or has his comic origin been confirmed?

• Locked thread