Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Carlosologist posted:

Really good movie, although I was disappointed that the music was somewhat forced, it didn't feel as organic to the film as the first one. Its disappointing, because there were some really good tracks on this list

The Chain kicking on when Peter smashed Ego was pretty badass. And the whole plot revolved around Brandy. That said, it did feel like they let scenes run long so they could play more of the songs. I'm thinking specifically of the opening and Yondu's funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

So was it better than 2005's Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Yes, but Baby Groot isn't as good a dancer as Sam Rockwell.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Count me as surprised at the critical reaction saying it was worse than the first; other than a cluttered 3rd act I thought it was actually better and rounded out a lot of the characters. :shrug:

No, I get that. There's just enough, "hey remember this joke?" moments to knock it down...maybe a half peg? It's a movie I enjoyed the hell out of, but if you had to make choose which was better of the two :shrug:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

why the gently caress did they not use the good part of the chain during the final battle

Assuming you mean the bass riff into guitar solo part, agreed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

I wonder if all Ego's children could use his powers but the lack of him being in his children's life or how they were raised without their mother because he killed them all, repressed all their abilities.

I think it was more that Ego loved Meredith that made Pete special

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's exactly the part it woulda been perfect.

:hfive:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Exactly how hard is it to spell Gamora?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yakmouth posted:

I don't know that I believe anyone is 100% a pedantic dick, 'mam.
Vol 1 is on FX and they just did that line. Vol 2 really did miss John C Reilly

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

why is rocket a raccoon.

Everyone having a different notion of what Rocket is was a good running gag (fox, rat, puppy, triangle-faced monkey)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Harlock posted:

I thought that was one of the most groan inducing parts of the whole movie to hear Kurt Russel break down song lyrics.

Honestly, up until that point I doubt I could've told you what the lyrics to that song were outside of the chorus; despite having heard it in the background a gazillion times. So I didn't mind the over-the-head explicitness of that scene.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's from the trailer.

It's also in the TV edit.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Phylodox posted:

My wife said (and I'm trying to figure out if I agree or not) that she found the music a bit more obtrusive this time, less diegetic.

I think I mostly agree with that. And Browder's cameo is 100% a nod to Farscape.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Movie one might be, or has his comic origin been confirmed?

I thought they did after the Nova Corp arrested them, but I guess not

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The MSJ posted:

When is this available for home viewing again?

Came out for purchase as a digital download yesterday. Physical disc release is in a few weeks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

She's not looking at the plant and the whole framing of that shot:

is basically a thought bubble, it's hinting at what she is actually thinking of. So a pair of matched plants implies she is thinking of a partner/friend/lover that she is now separated from, connecting from the previous shot.

You're not wrong on a lot of this stuff but "she's not lonely she's just appreciating the plants and stuff" is really inaccurate.

So how does her getting irritated by the sound of the two pods rubbing together then cutting them down play into that? Honest question, no snark intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

It's been awhile since I saw it in theaters but if my theory of what is on her mind is correct: I would say it means she is annoyed with herself for being bothered by her separation from Quill, so she lashes out.
A good take, thanks.

• Locked thread