Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why the gently caress did they not use the good part of the chain during the final battle despite using it in the trailer???

Soggy Cereal posted:

Just as I expected, this was great and people are unnecessarily cynical because MCU.

most of the mcu is bland trash but i love the guardians flicks.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's exactly the part it woulda been perfect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he made a human body so he's pretty dumb not to realize that's the only time it'd work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

Care to elaborate on that? The old pop hits are a huge part of what makes the movie work.

they didn't use the good part of "the chain" (which they used in the trailer) during the final battle despite using the other parts. it woulda been perfect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

I just want to know why nobody knows who David Hasselhoff is but they know what scotch tape and tasers are.

why do they all speak english. why are most of them either human or humanoid despite the fact any alien species would actually be completely different from us in almost inconceivable ways. why is rocket a raccoon.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hate comic books.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

saw it again. still perturbed they didn't use the good part of "the chain" in the final battle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i just wanted to shine a flash light on that flaw. a spot light.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the ravagers weren't a particularly smart bunch. their leader is named taser face.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah. since i dislike most of the marvel movies and really liked this one your post doesn't hold up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my favorite music cue was when the sovereign show up in the core and wham bam shang a lang starts up again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GoldfishStew posted:

Why does Ego need Quill? Because one is not enough but for some reason two may be? And he cant just make a clone, he has to make a child, wait for them to age, and then see if they have the power? He wasn't even actively checking or looking for his kids, he was waiting for them to show themselves?

did you fall asleep during the movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he was disappointed by all the life he encountered and realized that his true purpose was to make everything him (his name is Ego). it turned out that the human offspring was the only one that had his powers, he didn't plan that out. hence all the corpses underground.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he actually doesn't finish saying heart before he gets crushed but he definitely gets out the first bit of the word. it aint dick.

Phylodox posted:

BravestOfTheLamps was a half-assed SuperMechagodzilla knock-off. GoldfishStew is a half-assed BravestOfTheLamps knock-off. Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset. Cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon.

to be fair to bravestoflamps doesn't he have that really good the name of the wind thread in ye olde book barne?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

actually that was the worst bit of the movie to me - that they had to repeat that part. you know when he scolds peter about flying with his head that's gonna come back in the final battle. they shoulda just had him yell i fly it with my heart before he got crushed instead of repeating the whole thing.

it's like that poo poo when a movie will show you an obvious establishing shot AND put the loving location name on screen and THEN have someone in dialogue within the next thirty seconds say where they are.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the transformers movie takes an insane nosedive after the optimus/megatron battle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come peter quill's mom didn't have a midwestern accent?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Are people forgetting by the dude's own admission he banged a bunch of women on a bunch of planets, then kidnapped their kids and then murdered them when they weren't of any use to him and unceremoniously threw their corpses in a cave to rot?

Does that sound like somebody who is capable of real love to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajaejPsU7ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GoldfishStew posted:

No. He didn't love her. You don't give someone you love brain cancer. His character makes no sense and the heel turn only exists so we get Quills cool badass reaction.

people kill people they love every day.

• Locked thread