Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking thatEgo giving the mom her tumor was a bit too mustache twirling evil. We already get that he's evil, that was just kicking the dog.

Overall I enjoyed it, but there was a bit too much rehashing of the same stuff from the first one. And the Drax loud laughing got a bit old.

Did anyone else think Groot looked a bit too plastic?

Also, I REALLY wish they'd knock it off with trailers showing you the entire film. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like in this case they cut it so that you couldn't quite tell how all of what they showed was going to actually play out. Like the way the trailer runs, you think the platform with the spinny battery-powered things, and the giant tentacled beast, are going to be a part of the cilmax, not the opening salvo. Ego never really shows up, you don't see that the characters get separated, etc.- it's good at avoiding the actual structure of the movie.

I guess. Knowing that Kurt Russel was Ego, I knew as soon as they showed the alien plant in the flashback that he was evil and trying to "infect" other worlds, and figured the Groot bomb was the ending Groot Ex Machina.

They showed the Spider-Man trailer, which I've been trying to avoid, and I feel it's too revealing as well (speculation spoiler in case anyone else is trying to avoid the trailer) Spider-Man tries to be the big hero, inadvertently causes the boat to get trashed. Stark takes the high tech suit back after lecturing Peter, Peter realizes he can't just let the Vulture go so he creates a homemade costume to fight him, thus "if you need the suit you're not the person I thought you were"

• Locked thread