Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does this break a Marvel record for on screen murders? It was pretty brutal for a Marvel film in that regard.

Enjoyed it. Love Awesome Mix 2. My father in law died two weeks ago and boy was it a good thing my wife couldn't come with me to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GoldfishStew posted:

Why does Ego need Quill? Because one is not enough but for some reason two may be?

Kurt Russel literally says this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GoldfishStew posted:

(that he cant create from nothing like he does everything else, for some reason it needs to be part human?)

This might be the core of your problem and not how I understood it. Consider the power of Ego limited, and sure he can create things in singular while focused on it, but his power wasn't enough to engulf every planet in the universe at the same time. He needed more celestial power, Peter's humanity is not part of the equation. He doesn't even need Peter as an entity, he just needs him as a battery.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Early in the movie after the crew crash lands and Gamora is chewing out Rocket and Quill she says if you had just used the head between their ears setting up this joke. Quill tells Yondu well I thought as hard as I could and to create the ball of light, Yondu jokes that that I wasn't controlling the needle with my brain, and gets cut off. It's a penis.

Oh my god are you serious? This might be a new low for goon comprehension.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He says heart before getting crushed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There was a dairy queen in Kingston PA that has been there since I've been alive I'm pretty sure (I'm 32) and then they opened one up not that far away in Wilkes Barre in the 2000s, but it was a chill and grill and they had chocolate soft serve and that blew my mind.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's right around when Yondu shows his dick.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have a really easy time excepting that Ego was conflicted, and wanted a slow burn kill so Peter would be born and raised some.

I have a harder time understanding how Ego decided to come up with a human form all on his own. Did I understand that scene correctly? He made it sound like he just happened to design himself as a human and then discovered Earth.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well as, a joke, it wasn't funny.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Barudak posted:

I believe that was what you were supposed to take away from that, yeah. The only thing different about Peter's situatio was he had the stuff and Yondu quit working for Ego at that point.

I think many people, myself included, believe that his love for Peter's mom was real, which is why Peter had 'the stuff'.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

He also uses his son as a battery to take over the universe with blue blob.

It's important to note that he originally didn't want to, but had to when Peter rejected his idea, because he's going through with his plan. If Peter was complacent with everything they could have been bros.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That doesn't make you feel like any of the guardians are at risk of dying.

Like others have said though that's status quo for a blockbuster franchise and I certainly don't expect any of the Justice League to die. Hell they aren't going to be able to make it a full movie without Superman coming back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thank you for leaving out the second sentence of my post which basically says that's just how it is with blockbusters. Ego specifically just doesn't do much threatening stuff and when he does it's kind of mindless CG stuff.
The only villain that will feel like a legitimate threat to the heroes will be Thanos, because everything he does can be reversed..

• Locked thread