Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jesus Christ I actually welled up with tears at the end. How... that song is way to powerful and once Rocket says they all came - I lost it.

Great movie for the most part. Was sorta upset they didn't visit many other locations but it works. That ending hits like a 10-ton truck tho. Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just as a reminder (to myself as well as I just had to look it up) Peter was abducted in 1988. I thought it was early 80's for some reason but I haven't seen the first movie since it landed on blu. Reason for that I was trying to understand when Knight Rider came out and PacMan.

Knight Rider - 1982
PacMan - 1980

I am sure they all checked their references just to be safe that it came out no later than 1988.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jose Oquendo posted:

How old are you? I'm guessing Gunn had no problem remembering those were both early 80's things.

:corsair:

34 haha born in 83

So a little younger than Quill. I don't have fond memories of Pacman or Knight Rider but I do remember loving KITT and having a toy of it but I never watched the show. And Pacman was just a game I didnt like on my Nintendo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loved Teen Groots smarmy "I am grooooooot"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dairy Queen is insanely popular up here in Manitoba and their re-opening after winter gets announced on the news.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, no one goes out searching for ice cream shops in -25C. Then again, I sometimes get slurpees from 7-11 in winter.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Their chicken sandwich made me barf years ago - it tasted a bit soapy - I am sure it was just isolated to that one location but I haven't tried their hot food ever since. But I hear their burgs are legit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Imagine being this emotionally invested in GoTG v2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Peter's dad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4Mv8R0mE0

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

James Gunn just danced it out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2Kenkj0B2/?taken-by=jamesgunn&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIGrHYjR_n/?taken-by=jamesgunn&hl=en

quote:

Ah yes, another video of me doing the motion reference work for #BabyGroot. Believe it or not, I actually did three different versions of this dance at three different times. The first time was when I first wrote the scene, in my office st home, recorded by @simonlikes on his iPhone. That one was mostly so that I could remember the camera angles and camera movements I had in my head while writing than it did the actual dance.

The second time was on set in Atlanta with a single camera and our visual effects team. That time it was doing the dance full out - there were some bits and pieces we used - but because Groot is moving and the camera was stable I was only able to travel for very short periods. And so we did it again, this time in Los Angeles, with many cameras lined down a long space so that I could actually do all the long walks and jumps Groot was doing. That's when this is from.

For those of you who've asked, bits of the dance were ideas of things I had in my head, or things designed for the already planned camera movies, but most of it was free form made up on the spot.

The other question I've gotten asked a lot is whether or not I was just doing my regular dancing or was it in character. The answer is of course in character - I think you can see clearly in this video I'm trying to move my body that works for a little tree more than what I'd be dancing like in a nightclub in L.A.

This is of course all courtesy of the visual effects company @framestore who turned this stuff into something magical, creating one of the most impressive single shots ever.

#GuardiansoftheGalaxyVol2 is still out in theaters so go see it again this weekend! #gotgvol2 #GotGPicoftheDay #fbf #flashbackfriday #friday #instagood #filmmaking #movie #movies #dancing #love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: CelticPredator that is some ultra cringe. Maybe I could say the same for you? You must be a soulless husk for not enjoying Destiny? Or some basic simpleton for loving the poo poo out of the MCU?

• Locked thread