Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
All I have to say is the comic book nerd in me really appreciated The Watchers making a cameo appearance because I figured they would be tied up with the F4 rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Visually sure, but it has a lot of pacing and structural issues. Granted, Adams was never one for tight structure anyway, but you can kinda get away with that more in radio or in a book. There are definitely a few points where it kinda sputters out and a few others where it feels like they're trying to weld on a more conventional Hollywood approach (playing up the romance, for example, though this does give Trillian a lot more to do.)

I mean, it's a fine film but it definitely has its flaws.

Eh, Douglas Adams wrote the script and made changes to suit the medium which was his thing. It's why the radio version differs from the book which differs from the TV show and such. The director has come out saying that the romance subplot that everyone complains about was something Douglas Adams wrote. Maybe it would have been better if he lived to see filming but we'll never know.

• Locked thread