Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Taear posted:

I'm surprised to see a general air of negativity here.

It's a Marvel movie and this is CD. :ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Yeah I don't see how the picture of *beige* he posted makes his point at all.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Art? Making people...feel...emotions? What the hell?

Welcome to CD my friend.

And people wonder why autism jokes keep being made.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm starting to think he just finds the repetition soothing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Just saw Vol. 2, it is a bigger, more messy movie with some early pacing issues... but I might like it better than the first. I can also see why people might really dislike it because, among other things, it will make the stupidest loving joke possible one minute, and then pull off something surprising sad or dark the next. The swings in mood and tone are kind of nuts but it worked for me. Also I am not above laughing at a turd joke apparently. :v:

It's almost like Gunn knew Marvel would color grade it to kill the contrast and went apeshit with the bright saturated colors to make up for it some at the top end because lol that movie was like candy colored at times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

Whole lotta pages just to say it's a good movie.

:same:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Complaining about Gamora-Nebula being rehashed in this one is extremely dumb. It was barely explored in the first one beyond some lines of dialog setting up the conflict and in this one it's fully resolved.

Exactly.

This movie is not flawless but a lot of the criticisms posted here are just loving stupid.

Why is the rear end in a top hat raccoon walking crimewave not tactically realistic?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Drax being an insulting dope might be a better OMG SO *problematic* hill to die on if he didn't openly take a poo poo on the white male lead in both movies.

Declaring any comedy that could be read as being at the expense of any woman character ever *problematic* is also weirdly paternalistic. Strangely, I haven't met any actual women too stupid to get that we're supposed to laugh at Drax in these interactions. He's not presented as right, but as an alien weirdo who says inappropriate poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

This is like Man of Steel levels of people not being able to understand stuff that's literally told directly to the viewer lol

E: Can we go back to whining about Marvel color grading? At least that's a real thing that's real even if it was run into the ground.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 15, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I... enjoyed... this movie :ohdear:

Nothing wrong with some light fluff entertainment if you actually find it entertaining. I like the GOTG movies too and think they're the best MCU movies.

Hot take, I know.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 22, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Phylodox posted:

I've never added anyone to my ignore list before, but I'm pretty tempted, let me tell you.

Can't do it on mobile, though, can you?

I think so, it's in there somewhere, you just can't reverse it from mobile I believe.

Some posters are just radioactive assholes and ignoring them is fine. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Also, "You think! You can threaten! My Walkman!":

Friendly reminder that Ego killed his beloved mother by giving her inoperable cancer, but yeah, it's about "my Walkman."

Your posting transcends being willfully dense, to the point where it reads like diagnostic criteria from the DSM at this point lol.

• Locked thread