Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

My boyfriend forced me to watch this movie about a week ago, and I gotta say I'm decidedly lukewarm on G2. The jokes where kinda grating during the first half of the movie, probably because they had so many of them that was pretty much the same thing ("witty" obnoxious dialogue, followed by Drax laughing and yelling the obvious punchline, or Groot being "cute") and everyone is pretty unlikeable and obnoxious.
Once they land on Ego things improve, I think it's because the plot moves along and the jokes are more spaced out, which helps a lot cause their humor got really grating at this point. While I did dislike Drax's jokes in the first half of the movie, I did enjoy his interactions with mantis lady, and Starlords interaction with dad was neat as well.

However, the parts with Rocket and that blue guy where terrible.So maudlin and predictable, and the way they try to make us feel sympathy for these very unlikable characters is incredibly transparent. Yeah, his mary poppins line was funny, but they tried to make me feel bad for a child trafficker and a sociopathic raccoon, by way of saying "these guys had a tragic childhood, feel bad for them! boohoo!". Also all the parts with Groot had me rolling my eyes because holy poo poo talk about running a joke into the loving ground.

So in conclusion: Drax + Mantis was fun, Chris + Ego was fun and touching, Garona was just there, her sister was cool though, racoon + blue man was terrible and bad, and Groot is so loving overexposed I hope I never loving see him again.
Half this movie was good, half this movie was terrible, which is a step down from the last movie where it was mostly good with some problematic ideas in regards to its heroes.

That's my hot take, thank you and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread