Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I appreciated that they got Jeff Goldblum to dance in one of those bubbles in the end credits, even though he's not even in this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like the idea that while Ego's human body was banging all sorts of space women, he was also loving the planets themselves, sorta.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know, I think Quill would have a much easier time readjusting to Earth culture than Steve Rogers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Avalerion posted:

In the comics he's aparently some furry alien wearing a robot suit that tried to conquer the earth or something once.

So basically

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Something I haven't seen anyone point out yet: GotGv2 is basically a Knowhere prequel movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have a fetish for gold women now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

oh I have a theory/question(?) about (post-credit spoiler) Adam Warlock

Okay so all I know about the guy is that he 1) is a hero 2) he is like a guardian of one/multiple of the infinity stones at some point(s)? and 3) he is an enemy of Thanos.

Anyway, what I am saying is is that it would be awesome if he is "born" and because he is made to be perfection personified, he just immediately rejects whatever stupid revenge plan these guys have cooked up for him, and instead he goes to seek knowledge and realizes what he really needs to be doing is protecting the universe from Thanos or whatever

This sounds like the JLU take on Amazo, who realises revenge on Luthor is petty and goes out to space and then Dr. Fate seeking enlightenment.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Thinking about it it's really weird that the first "space" marvel movie would be this, because it's now established that the whole universe is super wacky and silly.

Eh, not really. If you think about it on a cosmic scale, the whole universe is wacky and makes no sense and our entire lives are meaningless so why not have fun with it, y'know?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm glad they didn't go the obvious route of giving him an ipod. An OG ipod that hasn't had a disc failure in 2017 wouldn't have been believable.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If crying at movies makes you cool, I'm Miles Davis.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I liked Drax in this one. I got the impression he still doesn't quite grasp humor and is overcompensating by laughing too hard at things.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I liked both of them; they're really dumb but in a funny way. The latter especially is like everybody being "a-holes," it fits in.

It also brings to mind the reaction I had when I saw the original. The police lineup scene where Quill does the wind-up and raises his middle finger was censored in the trailer, and I was actually disappointed that it wasn't covered in the movie as well. Some things are funnier implied than explicit.

Possibly, but the middle finger probably isn't an obscene gesture in space. Wouldn't have made sense to censor it if they don't even know what it means.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Come A Little Bit Closer has been stuck in my head, but at one point it segues into La Bamba, which wasn't even in Guardians.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A lot of the motivations behind Ego's actions can be figured out when you remember his name is Ego. It's not Rocket science.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Dairy Queen is insanely popular up here in Manitoba and their re-opening after winter gets announced on the news.

"Re-opening?" They temporarily close for the winter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

David Bowie should have starred in something adapted from Grant Morrison. Aggressively so.

• Locked thread