Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Good man

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Seriously there is no way I can vote for these clowns.

You have some rather weird priorities.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Not supporting Assad, not believing in communism and not in favour of "fomenting the overthrow of capitalism" are not that weird.

It's a picture without context of a man speaking in front of some flags

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Come on, there's no need to be like that.

There's quite a lot of need, actually

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

So you're left-leaning but you also don't think there's a problem with capitalism?

Left-leaning in the sense "I'm actually right-leaning but I don't like the sound of that so I tell everyone I'm centre-left"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LemonyTang posted:

What is the point of this guy giving this interview?

He's actively been trying to sabotage Corbyn's leadership for as long as I can remember.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ukle posted:

The way Labour are handling this fiasco is blowing any progress they had made with the good start to the campaign. The only way they could win it back is if Abbot offered her resignation and didn't stand in the GE, but she won't do that as she has never done anything that's not in her own interests.

Lmao, holy poo poo what a post

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/859416596053467136

I think it's time to nuke britain

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LemonDrizzle posted:

well, that was quick

Not really?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/RogMull/status/859425371141402624

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I quite like this Ed Miliband lad, he seems to have a healthy touch of humour

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/859492994453573633

E: Imagine Theresa May doing this:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Good old Laura

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Ed, get a petrol powered lawnmower for goodness sake.

It's not his, he's mowing the lawn for a lady he met while canvassing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/859703365944717312

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/859689101934682114

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This wont cause any problems
https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/859690404484087808

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Evan Davis being pretty brutal with the tories re: Tories implementing Ed Milliband's manifesto.
Do budget deficits matter? Why is no-one talking about them? DEBATE - BBC Newsnight

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Serotonin posted:

Phil retiring from public duties is my bet

That's cheating

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ewan posted:

As much as people hate his racist remarks, he is at times rather witty

"I thought it was against the law these days for a woman to solicit." Said to a woman solicitor.

"You could do with losing a little bit of weight." To hopeful astronaut, 13-year-old Andrew Adams.

"There's a lot of your family in tonight." After glancing at business chief Atul Patel's name badge during a 2009 Buckingham Palace reception for 400 influential British Indians to meet the Royal couple.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I bring gifts from America:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Any household with taxable income over $250,000 gets a tax cut. The working class benefit, not just millionaires.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Oh wow. That's funny but also not funny at all.

I have a very important update:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Most economists would say that cost of living varies with geographic area.

Generally, it will go:

250K (up to 500k if you are in an above average are) and below is working class.
250k to 500k is upper-working class.
500k-999k is middle class.
1 million to 5 million is upper-middle class (high earner)
5 million to 9.9 million is wealthy
10+ million is rich.

Some people will move the numbers a little bit depending on cost of living adjustments.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/RonJichardson/status/860540463794851840

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This thread is really full of cunts today.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hakimashou posted:

The brilliant Nick Cohen

gently caress off, genocide-lover

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

AP posted:

Macron

I'm afraid you have the wrong country

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

xtothez posted:

My favourite part is when a Conservative prime minister offered a referendum as a magic bullet to silence his backbenchers, only to watch it backfire horribly and take the country back in time 40 years. Then when a Labour leader overwhelmingly defeats a challenge to his leadership, he's the one the papers call 'incompetent'.

But yes it's clearly Labour that are the danger here. Not that party that fucks up the UK for decades over an internal power struggle, no.

Holy gently caress it's xtothez! I've missed you, friend.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

One of the biggest failures of the Labour party the past decade is failing to publicly defend spending during the crash. The Tories have pumped Labour spending for all it's worth and then some, and for some hosed up reason Labour decided the Tories were right and refused to defend it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ewan posted:

The "we must live within our means" narrative, while entirely disingenuous, is easy to understand and intuitive so it resonates with people and they believe it.

Of course, but Labour should have fought tooth and nail to explain why it was wrong instead of just yielding. Allowing "The country is like a credit card" to be a thing is loving shameful.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I just tell people to gently caress off too much.

In this case it's entirely justified.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Andrew Marr is a oval office

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I dunno about joy. Or relief. The inevitable winner won. It's nice the fascist lost but she got twice what Jean-Marie Le Pen managed in 2002, but if Macron enacts the platform he promised then FN's support isn't going to die off. 35% of the French voters just voted for a fascist to be President, there's no loving joy in that.

How dare you not celebrate the victory of glorious liberalism? Are you some kind of poor person lover?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TinTower posted:

I'm rather surprised Jean-Luc "refugees are stealing the bread from French workers" Melenchon didn't get into the red quadrant, tbh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Private Speech posted:

Well yeah but it's lovely axis labelling then.

It might be poo poo, but it's better than left-centre-right by a country mile.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

text posted:

How on earth he's been put to the right of the guy who wanted to cut the state and liberalise work laws more is beyond me.

Macron is that guy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dabir posted:

Why was that?

He said he didn't have a mandate to tell people who to vote for, which I quite like.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Except the far left are all kumbaya singing pacifists.

I think you'll find that's the regressive left :colbert:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/conservative-mp-paul-maynard-food-2335762

quote:

Conservative MP Paul Maynard: Food banks can become bad habit among poor people

Mr Maynard, Tory MP for Blackpool North and Cleveleys, was speaking at a food poverty summit in Manchester.

He said: “I value personal responsibility. My main concern for the immediate future is that people have the most money in their pockets as possible.

“I do not believe that immediate food relief should be the role of the Government. We can’t make food banks part of the welfare state.

“What I don’t want to do is normalise food poverty. In Canada you have people going to food banks every week and it can become a habit.”

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Alchenar posted:

I have nothing to go on but a hunch, but I suspect that when biographies are written of these days Watson will come out quite well as someone working desperately behind the scenes to hold the party together.

Watson is a thundercunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

The reason for why Corbyn is bad changes weekly. Now it's outright "AAAARGGG COMMUNISM!". It used to be he was simply a tired granddad in over his head. Now he's an existential threat again like that time Cameron said he was a threat to national security.

Schrödinger's Corbyn. He's in a superposition of incompetent and lethally effective.

• Locked thread