Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

was i in it and nude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pissflaps is only 20 guys, he voted Red in 2015.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

uk threat level raised to critical, armed forces to replace armed police protecting parliament and other places of importance

Greggs?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Greggs is pretty good value, but the nearest one is a days walk away. I ain't a proclaimer.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

What's your opinion on the historical sovereignty of Taunton as regards Minehead's territorial claims?

I do not trouble myself with the worries of the north

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

It was a sad day in South Shields when they closed the two Greggs literally next door to each other

Never 4get :britain:

an amusing nob sandwich

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

learnincurve posted:

What's that chicken and bacon thing they do, I like that one.

I am rather fond of the good old egg and cress on white bread supermarket sandwiches though, unless they try and make it fancy by putting it on bread with bits in it, come on lads, most people are buying it because it's the cheapest option no need to mess with it.

do you miss the 'posh' sainsburys ones in the old mealie dealies...

rip in peace.

worst news in the last year, easily

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

It was a sad day in South Shields when they closed the two Greggs literally next door to each other

Never 4get :britain:

'literally next door to each other'

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

is there a correlation between the spread of greggs and the roman empires invasion?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Someone really needs to do something about all these terrorists

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

WHATA RE YOU GOING TO DO THEN RATJACULATION?

I was trying to find the Trigger Happy Guardian Angel sketch but couldn't find it in anything but German...

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

I like how virtue signalling has now come to mean telling racists to gently caress off, which to be honest is it's own reward.

Kinda surprised people aren't picking up more than sixers for this stuff, what do you need to do to be banned?

Keyboard goop

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Good police with good funding are good
Bad police who shoot innocent people 13 times in the face are bad

IMO

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'd watch a bash the fash unboxing video

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Zephro posted:

All pundits: "The terrorist threat today is unprecedented!"

hmmm, the run dates of the benny hill show really brought misery

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

Well I wonder what the DWP have been up to this week

https://twitter.com/SiobhanONeill/status/868196386059284482

.....oh

Perfect candidate for a tram driver

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Ah to be a young aspiring pig fucker

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Holy loving poo poo. This storm

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Oh dear me posted:

Where are you?

I'm in Cornwall and there's been amazing continuous lightning and hardly any noise at all.

Plymouth.

Now stood outside because the lightning removed a neighbours chimney and flew half the fuses. Lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

It's heading east with the wrath of at least half a terrorist. Stay safe.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Current lightning map

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Live music venues are a prime target atm

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The damage a few doors up. Please stop all political campaigning.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

crispy slept with the cleaning lady to infiltrate this network

good work

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

learnincurve posted:

HOW??? You don't even seem to understand that a pensioner in disability benefits can easily afford stuff.

Let's play the living on benefits game.

Young man 22, university degree, no dependants, one bed flat in a northern town with rent of £80 a week in council tax band c.

£57.90 a week jobseekers. -£1.78 in council tax -£1 water rates. Leaves £55.12 per week to live on. Token meters which people on the dole can only get have a .25p a day standing charge on them so take away £3.50. That's £51.62 left before you even turn on a hot water tap.
Going to the job centre is £3, gas and electric £10. Now we are down to £38.62. Want to attend a job interview and keep a phone on so the employer can contact you? That's another £3 bus trip and a Giff gaff contract is £2.50 a week. Now we are at £33.12.

£4.73 a day. To buy food, clothing, furniture, white goods, bus fares and so on. I also didn't give this hypothetical young man a maxed out credit card or overdraft fees. That's another £5 a week, and drops the poor lad to £4 a day to live on.

Now how insignificant does that £3.75 lightbulb feel?

enough for a meal deal :D

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Okay here we go, because you're again being utterly ludicrous in picking the worst possible example you can to back your argument up. I won't even get into the fact that a single 22 year old university leaver is incredibly unlikely to have a one bed flat all to themselves without a family support network to turn to while unemployed, but whatever we'll go with it because its the only way to get you to shut up.

£57.90 a week jobseekers.
Council tax reduction scheme means he'd qualify for 0 rating and as such won't have to pay anything towards it.
Change to a token meter that has no standing charge (ebico) or a supplier with a lower standing charge. British Gas also offer a standing charge rebate scheme to people on jobseekers, but lets go with whats in the place my mates just moved into which is 15p a day. £1.15 a week.
He's a single man, and since i get through about 20 quid of electricity and £25 of gas a month with 2 people in my place, one of which loves half hour long showers. I'm going to pull you on that example too. A single person would use significantly less, so 25 quid a month at most. £5.25 a week
Bus fares, a weekly ticket would be much cheaper, and again supposing this man is an orphan with no family or friends to help him, theres a 7 day pass for £13 available in my area. All the bus journeys to interviews and job centers they'd need.
Phone. Credit only. £10 a month. So £2.50 a week.
Thats £38.25 for a weeks worth of food/incidentals for a single man. My weekly shop is just over £40 for 2 people. Working on the assumption that your man didn't move into an unfurnished flat with 0 possessions of his own already before suddenly being on job seekers thats perfectly doable to live on while only replacing things that go wrong. Which in the case of white goods is very rare, and if it truly does, there are services that provided massively discounted or even free white goods for people on benefits.
Lets also bring credit cards and overdraft fees into it, because a phone call to the providers would get the charges stopped and a payment plan of either a few months deferral (which is the usual course of action) or a closure of the account to be repaid at a nominal amount of a few pounds per month in true hardship cases.

But again, your example is just flat out ridiculous. In reality your man would be living at home and wouldn't be liable for half the poo poo you've got him down for.

You're just wrong.

thats almost 13 meal deals :O

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

tesco egg&cress triple, twix extra and a bottle of bru (irn bru)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Why do people bother with cress in an egg sarnie?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

why doesnt he just chop down a tree, make a crafting table and make his own lightbulbs?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

my mate daz is a single 22 y/o on jsa and he is doing alright

i mean he sells weed on the reg so that prob helps

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

going first means you dont have to worry about lightbulbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation