Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
make June the END of MAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

Is it just me or has there been a lot of non-news about maddie lately?

that clemunt freud tottally killed her

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

If May wins we take back the "stupidest country on the planet" title belt.

i dunno turkey just voted to have a dictatorship

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
u could say they voted for christmas

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Labour has gained in at least three polls just weeks before the general election, slashing the Tories' lead by as much as 10 points.

Jeremy Corbyn’s party is up by four points in the last week to 30 per cent support, found Opinium, while a separate YouGov poll between 27 and 28 April found that Labour was up two points to 31 per cent – both figures contributing to a smaller gap between the Tories and the Opposition.

A third poll for the Sunday Times showed the Tories had a 13-point lead with 44 percent of the vote, yet a YouGov poll gave the Tories a 23-point lead last week, showing a dip of 10 points.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d=facebook-post

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/858946766691082241

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-transgender-candidate-mp-sophie-cook-general-election-a7712286.html

A Labour Party candidate standing in the forthcoming general election could become the first transgender MP in Parliament’s history.

Sophie Cook, an RAF engineer turned TV presenter, will contest the seat of East Worthing and Shoreham, which has been held by the Tories for two decades.

The 50-year-old equality campaigner, who has three children, began transitioning in 1998 but only came out in 2015.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

i really like big macs

do u have a 5k imac?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

this is prob worse than abbot's gaffe

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why do you hate having a prominent black woman in politics pissflaps?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
no just you

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

people are awful pissflaps, this has no bearing on the quality of Labour's leadership.

things people have voted for:

Hitler.
Dictatorship in Turkey.
That nutter in the Philippines.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TACD posted:

Steal This Look!!

not wearing a belt, tie too short.

honestly I expect better from the aristocracy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

The quality of labour's leadership has a bearing on how people vote, awful or not.

not really, people dont give a gently caress beyond the headlines for the most part.

it's why this whole strong and stable robot thing will probably actually work.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair they look like bad chips

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jippa posted:

Getting photos of politicians eating must be at the top of every photographers list.

eating cock, yes

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pochoclo posted:

To be fair, cornish pasties are terrible compared to empanadas, and I'm not budging on this one no matter what you say

there are charms to a plantain empanada, but they are v. different to a cornish pasty.

I actually had empanadas on sunday, a beef one and an aubergine one and they were delicious.

it saddens me that you can't get a 'proper' cornish pasty with a sweet corner in.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The stable door has bolted

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I hope this backfires spectacularly

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

The tailor I use favours braces and I can see why. The perfect fit would be fairly snug and uncomfortable if you put on a bit of weight over the summer for instance. I think belts could become the new sitting down in terms of health scares. It can't be good for us.

who puts weight on over the summer?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if any of you have tried to close a 'deal' as a business person, but let me tell you if one party thinks the sum should be £0, zero, zilch nothing and the other party believes it should be £XX,000 or higher then it's very difficult to meet in the middle.

The British government so far are disagreeing that there is anything to pay at all for leaving the EU, not 'oh we need to agree on the amount' - they disagree that there is any amount to pay at all.

That is not a good starting point for a negotiation.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
wearing a belt with jeans or nice dickies work trousers can be quite helpful for carrying things when doing manual labour

not that this thread seems to have much experience with physical work

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Thanks for the business insight Donald but this is clearly all just posturing from both sides.

well the Tories are going to look pretty loving stupid when the UK has to pay a few (tens of?) billion quid then aren't they.

there's a difference between posturing over an amount and stating publically that you don't have to pay a drat thing.

it just shows that these negotiations - which lest we forget have to be conducted within two years - are going to be a poo poo show.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
we're getting nothing back in return, these are the spending commitments that we've already committed to and that the EU has budgeted for.

if we do not pay them, the EU either has to cut its spending or the member nations have to pick up the tab.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Yes we are what do you think the money we send to the EU is for?

we wont get anything back from the EU once we leave, especially if we've not paid our tab.

I've heard nothing from the Tories along the lines of 'we'll agree a figure to pay and ensure that we continue to receive funding for EU programs we are a part of that have committed spending beyond our leaving the EU'

Why would we receive EU funding for things once we've left? Unless we agree this as part of negotiations, but I've heard nothing from the Tories along these lines.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is used for EU funding that has already been costed and accounted for by the other member states, if we decide to not pay what we have committed, the other states either have to cut back on this spending or fund it themselves.

They will not be happy to do either.

The point is less about the absolute correct details of this funding and more the spirit of it.

The way the Tories are going about this so far seems to be the least constructive way possible.

If we stiff the EU member states to the tune of billions of € or £ then are they really going to want to cut us favourable trade deals?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also the comments of Junker et al with the May dinner demonstrate this, so far the EU does not think the UK has got real about the consequences of leaving and the complexities of the negotiations which have a hard deadline to be completed.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Thats why instead of people being 'stiffed' a compromise will be found between the two positions of 'wanting to be paid lots' and 'wanting to pay nothing'.

alternatively, it wont, we'll pay nothing and we'll get put on WTO tarrifs when we leave the EU without a deal because the Tories will repeat 'No Deal is Better than a Bad Dead' ad nauseum

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

knox_harrington posted:

How much is the UK contribution to the EU budget? Think it's 9bn/year. The claim of a 100bn settlement is pretty extreme.

The entire EC budget is only 140bn a year. Very difficult for Juncker to justify those figures.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35943216

Gross payment of about £18bn in 2015, if it's a five year budget that we've agreed to you're up to nearly £100bn gross quickly.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's either queeny or the duke of edinburgh.

one of them is dead. has to be.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol just lol if u didn't leave the country when cameron got in first time around

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Have you considered not working for the aristrocracy?

i think it's some sort of sadomasochistic relationship for ol' ober, doffing his cap to his betters whilst plotting their demise under his breath but never quite going for it

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

forkboy84 posted:

If you're wealthy enough to gently caress off at the election of a Tory you're probably not likely to get hosed that badly by them.

I was broke when I left the UK in 2010 having not had a steady job for about 9 months.

it's really not that hard to move to another country if you travel light and want to make it happen.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
ALSo 15 years of an actual religious war against muslims

Lots of people believe in God king and country and take this poo poo seriously

This is blairs real poison legacy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I fuckikg. Love this

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Steve2911 posted:

Why have all the right wing royalist papers gone for a picture in which Phillip looks like an actual lich?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/860252588478009346

He hosed kids with big jimmy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Junior G-man posted:

Can we at least collectively agree that it's past time to feed Dianne Abbott into some kind of political wood chipper?

oh yes joking about murdering black women is v. funny

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

your neighbours are bigger cunts than you are. amazing I know, but it's true

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol the UK is full of hateful cunts.

corbyn has had 2 years of total media opposition and his own scumbag MPs opposing him from the first leadership results announcement.

idiot UK public believes he is bad man. votes for tories and brexit.

jesus gently caress the UK is just full of loving cunts, insufferable wankers who are going to suffer from brexit and the tories and I am loving glad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Junior G-man posted:

:psyduck: That's how you read that? Good God.

u want to feed the UKs most prominenat black politician into a wood chipper (it would have to be an industrial one not a little rental)

also wood chipper is not a good way of disposing of a body, it leaves a lot of DNA evidence scattered around and looks suspicious when u are feeding a leg into it

• Locked thread