Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
On the Corbyn not clarifying whether we would still leave the EU under him in the event of 'a bad deal'. It is surely that he, nor any other leader, could never admit that this was remotely their position as in the event of their win, then Europe would refuse to budge on anything, charge a zillion dollars and then point to the demonstration of British public opinion that it was best to stay in if the deal was bad. Making the whole thing a waste of everyone's time. Unless of course it is assumed by everyone involved in the negotiations that anything said in an election campaign stays in an election campaign.

Of course I don't think at this point anyone taking that position would win anyway so... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TinTower posted:

Spoilers: the EU aren't going to budge anyway.

Meanies.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

jabby posted:

The Guardian did pick up on one thing though - Phillip let slip that May first mentioned becoming PM when she joined the cabinet.

Presumably that is pretty much the endgame of any senior politician though? Its not exactly some house of cards thing or something.

I didn't watch it, was it Matt Baker, I seem to remember him ambushing Cameron a bit once before, asking how he slept at night. No such shenanigans?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Shame, although I suppose it was too much to expect countryfile to come through and save us all. He probably hunts foxes.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Was down the pub the other day in my rural, tory safe seat, leave voting community and struck up conversation with a family friend of some years, in fact I attended his 70th a few years back, free bar, donations to the air ambulance as, well, there's charity and there's charity where you end up with your on call emergency helicopter as you approach old age.

Anyway he didn't have much of a view on fox hunting, badgers was the issue. He reckoned he'd never seen a badger until his fifties and now he saw one a week squashed by the road side. I agreed it was high time we instigated some sort of badger road safety awareness campaign and would speak with the parish council next meeting.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Corbyn wants to win this election and so do his followers.

When he doesn't, then what?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Acaila posted:

For what it's worth, I do love UKMT's total intolerance for fascist racist cunts. I hate the "agree to disagree, everyone's entitled to their opinion" pish that sees such arseholes getting put up with, plus it helps any newbs know who to avoid.

Its not agreeing to disagree or whatever, its just tedious to see a 'gently caress off nazi' post every few posts. We get it. Buy them a custom title, ignore them or whatever. I don't want to put on ignore those posters saying gently caress off as, outside of those posts, I value their posts. Or maybe I don't and want to argue with them. But there isn't much arguing with a 'gently caress off nazi oval office'. Yep OK.

I will bill you for a replacement scroll wheel.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Send a few extra bitcoins to these guys that have caused the problem and ask if they will sort it all out for us? It would make a good buddy cop movie, russian hacker teenager and NHS IT procurement manager getting into japes and such like.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just let people log in to the NHS with their Facebooks, and like I dunno, Instagram their cellphone pictures of their X-rays or selfies of their weird genital rashes. Facebook didn't exist a few years ago and look at it now, all this would be sorted out in no time.

99 problems and an overabundance of IT knowledge ain't one of them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hi everybody. My dad, a retired scot ex-submariner with pictures of I dunno HMS vanguard on his study wall announced to me today he is voting labour (in an english seat) and has developed time for Corbyn. His wife, my mother, a recently retired NHS employee (band 6 or something) who normally refers to how 'we vote' refuses to vote labour with a scoff. She is going Lib Dem. Old people man. I'll try and put this on a graph for you but I can't find my Office 2003 CD. Also my phone doesn't have a cd rom.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Namtab posted:

On the one hand your mum's an idiot but at least she's not voting tory

Do they do mother's day cards with this on it?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Conservative James Cleverly 27,071 53.8%
UKIP Richard Bingley 9,461 18.8%
Labour Malcolm Fincken 9,296 18.5%
Liberal Democrat Matthew Klesel 2,488 4.9%

This is my constituency in 2015. Voting Labour. Feeling positive.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Was just going to go for a swim, but found an awfully bloated dead toad under the cover, smells awful. Don't fancy the swim anymore. I'm not afraid to call this what it is. Islamicism terrier.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

So far the winner from this is May.

I rate you as a poster but I think you've gone off the rails and are drinking your own bath water at this point.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

This debate is a shitshow. Nobody on that stage is coming out of it with any credit.

You are probably right. But that is probably most people's view of politicians as a starting point. We are in a post Britain's got talent era, just being there and rolling around in the poo poo is enough to make it worthwhile for everyone there.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

This would be better with gunk tanks or whatever they're called.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I know we dont trust jesus farron (even his son who posts here) but that was good.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't realise bake off was on.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

This is not bake off as I understood it? Very posh people cooking posh poo poo with angus deayton. Well I never, what is farron getting at?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

It's very enjoyable actually. The patisserie chefs aren't posh.

No you're right they aren't. I feel bad straight away. It seems good, actual people who have worked up to this rather than bought a farmhouse and got a bit into it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Captain No-mates posted:

We're still going to lose, boys. Don't forget.

Dunno, our boys' recipe looks well researched, interesting and potentially very tasty.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are there any meaningful statistics on the effect of televised debates by 'X Y z A b(not b) C' a week out from a surprise election? I think we are on thin ice here, prediction wise.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mugsbaloney posted:

How does monopoly work

The money is different colours according to value but you can use any of it to buy the gasworks, stations, etc as long as you meet the value. And, having bought them, straight away you start loving people through owning it, whereas before everyone could land there and be fine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Monopoly chat: My family set had wooden houses and hotels, the player pieces, boot, dog, etc were the same wooden blocks with a 2d paper token wedged in it. My parents always told me the reason everyone else had metal playing pieces was because our set came from my grandparents who had donated their monopoly pieces to be melted down into spitfires to win the war.

It is only now I am suddenly questioning this... can anyone confirm this was a policy at the time and my monopoly set is not a whole 'nother lie my parents have perpetrated upon me?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Owlkill posted:

I just had a quick google of "WW2 monopoly set" and it looks like there might have been versions manufactured with wood and paper pieces in the war rather than metal, so maybe it was one of those and the story got somehow twisted to your grandparents donating the metal pieces directly rather than the manufacturer stopping using metal during wartime?

This suddenly rings a bell I think you are right. I am sorry to you for googling for me, other posters for doing the legwork to estimate how many spitfires my grandparent's board games could have helped build and indeed my parents who probably never told me that and I reimagined the story in a way that sounded cooler. Much like how I told all my school mates my dad was the same as james bond because, under intensive needling, he estimated that he was roughly equivalent to a commander in the royal navy in his position as a civilian scientist in the admiralty.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

David Davis on amber rudd's performance tonight:

I think she did incredibly well, she was... sober.....

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I thought Brexit was wank and not happening,
Trump was ridiculous and not happening,
Corbyn was unfortunately wrong and a mistake... but... maybe third times a charm and its one for the good guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Just thinking about the moments leading up to the exit poll announcement on the BBC gives me the shivers. I cannot wait for election night.

Sorry mate, I've had a glass of wine and I can't quite tell whats what. What do you mean by this? You are looking forward to your worst fears being confirmed or something?

• Locked thread