Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He is going cheaper, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If Milliband can lose over a sandwich...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

never ever given a Lib Dem my details

You never know which of your family, friends or acquaintances could be a lib dem. You may have unwittingly given a lib dem your details even today.

Always be vigilant.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's almost like she has a personal problem with being seen as an illegitimate leader.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

Shite isn't it. We need somebody who can oppose her.

You should do it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's loving disgraceful if true.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't think I even had a polling card actually.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why have all the right wing royalist papers gone for a picture in which Phillip looks like an actual lich?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/860252588478009346

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Julio Cruz posted:

The nation may salute him but I loving don't. Twat.

Imagine being saluted by this loving nation.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

HJB posted:

Fella on Look East just now saying that he wants UKIP to remain a single issue party, but for that issue to become FGM instead. I didn't miss out the "Y" there.

I assume they're in favour of it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hakimashou posted:

I doubt it would get fewer votes.

For instance all those people who won't vote for them because of corbyn would be in play.

They'd need to come up with another excuse.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How is that account still active after the whole 'hang the blacks' thing?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

learnincurve posted:

The problem with this whole hospital parking thing is that a great many of our hospitals are trusts or the parking is controlled by the council. I'm not sure how government could do anything about it but pay the trusts or the councils the money that they would lose, and it wouldn't help the other issue, and that's that when they were free you couldn't get a parking spot in many hospitals because commuters would use them as free parking while they were at work or shopping, so they were always full from 8:30-5:30.

The practical and sensible solution is to make sure there are enough bus routes. But I can tell you from experience that that won't work, because I worked in a hospital with an incredibly good bus service linked to every corner of the city, and people still couldn't bare to leave their precious cars at home.

Park up, go into the hospital, tell them who you're visiting/why you're there at reception and get your parking validated for the day.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

learnincurve posted:

Do you know how big even a average sized NHS hospital car park is or just how many people use them a day? Holy poo poo, you would be queuing for an hour for one of the big multi story car parks in Sheffield. That's without going into the fact that a lot of hospitals have automated receptions with one or two real people on the counters. Putting in more reception desks would mean re-renovating (at about 1 million a pop) all those lobby areas that just got converted into automated systems. The obvious come back would be to get it stamped on the wards, but then you would have people queuing on the wards at visiting time. Plus there would be the monumental cost of having everything linked up to some sort of internal parking validation system.

Cool then making the parking free for everyone is the best solution and still makes more sense than charging.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

When I was in A&E a few weeks ago I got insanely lucky. I was seen within an hour, then when I had to be kept in for observation (until 3.30am before being turfed onto the streets but that's a different story) the waiting time just crept up and up. People who got there shortly after me were still there well into the night.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Read the article - the twitter account isn't connected with the youtube guy, and was made by a PR guy with the express aim of making this kind of viral story.

Not sure I see the point in basing the Tweets on a known mental with a known autistic son.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hakimashou posted:

What is so wrong about fox hunts anyway?

Is it just some kind of tantrum to spite the rich / traditional people who like to do it?

Those big countryside fox hunts with all the dogs and all the people in their red coats and stuff, it's a staple of what it means to be British.

That country life stuff is probably the last thing Britain has going for it.

Yeah alright.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Can't wait to see my dad at the weekend and hear that if I was around for the 'bad old days' of the 70s I wouldn't even consider voting Labour.

Boomers are such easy targets.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've been out of the loop today. Did the Tories sabotage the NHS or what?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

baka kaba posted:

Ok my bad, redoing the NHS and all its disparate interconnected systems and switching everything over to it while it all continues to operate is actually a piece of piss

My office of 4000 odd is trying to move everything over to some new Microsoft system whilst continuing as normal. It's bad. It's very bad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't £5.5m a year basically nothing to the NHS in the grander scheme of things?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Praseodymi posted:

Have we talked about this loving disgusting piece from the Scum?

Pretty good advert for Corbs that. Shame it'll be Sun readers reading it.

stev fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 13, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

jabby posted:

BBC news just went to Jeremy Corbyn's comment on the cyber attacks. They played the part where he condemned the attackers and cut away the second before he launched an attack on Hunt and the government for letting it happen.

gently caress's sake.

No you see the BBC has a left wing bias because

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

jabby posted:

Amber Rudd has responded to Labour's accusations on the NHS.

What kind of burn is that?

I don't understand what she's actually trying to say.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Prince John posted:

This is some sort of universal law of medicine.

I've seen the exact opposite a few times.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was in Essex for the weekend and there was a gently caress-off-massive coach covered in UKIP branding full of terrifying waving thumbs. I could only stare gormlessly as it drove past me on a quiet road and they all just... Looked at me and waved.

I really thought they were just loving off.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Crunchies are just the worst. Farage probably likes Crunchies.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not So Fast posted:

The issue we're reaching is the same one Miliband faced, in that people like Labour and what they're saying, but not necessarily Corbyn.
Milliband was the most likeable major candidate in the last few decades. People are dumb.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps is generally wrong but technically correct.

The best kind of correct.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I have a feeling there's one big twist still left in this campaign. It's been pretty uneventful compared to the last few years of elections, and the fates have a nasty sense of humour - I think they've saved the best for last. My money's on Boris making a pass at Ivanka Trump.

May shagged Little D when she was in the US. Their hand holding was just the bittersweet end of a whirlwind romance.

stev fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 21, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

a) This is really poo poo and bad.

b) May must be breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The manifesto won't ever be mentioned again.

c) This is grim but I don't understand the logic of bombing a concert whilst people are leaving it.

What did Phillip Schofield do?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

learnincurve posted:

People aren't really crammed together at pop concerts these days, plus the lobby is open for parents collecting children so you don't need to pay to get in there.

Whoever this guy was he was a nutter who had planned his poo poo really well, right down to killing the people Islamic extremists hate most, young women with the freedom to attend public gatherings. It remains to be seen if he was an Islamic extremist or somone who wanted everyone to think he was one.

That makes sense.

Again, poo poo and bad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

spectralent posted:

Me and my girlfriend used to semi-regularly get pasties from a pastie place in cirencester when we started going out. They did some really nice, fat chips, too. Only two places do good chips, the place in ciren and the chippie near my mum's house. Everywhere else I go is either soggy, too thin, or not crisp enough.

The whole point of getting chips in places like that is that they're soggy as gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wasn't he anti abortion at some point?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oberleutnant posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/868402721816293379[/ur
Look at this loving jebend

I don't even... How?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TACD posted:

Here's another Tory idiot falling over himself trying to attack Corbyn without also attacking other people who agree with him. I think people might be catching on.

Cleverly acted anything but.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Caramel or plain chocolate?

#bringbackTAZ

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rakosi posted:

If Labour don't win it will be the only time I have ever voted for a position in an election/referendum that didn't win. All streaks end sometime.

Jesus why would you admit to that?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AP posted:

You should read up on the Irish Civil War. Life isn't simple and complex problems certainly don't have simple solutions.

Yes sometimes solutions involve talking to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I haven't heard "loony left" dragged out in ages. Not even elderly tories bother with that one anymore.

• Locked thread