Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

julian assflange posted:

Yes but Rachel Stevens

She's much shorter than you'd ever assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A red white and blue Brexigeddon

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The true party of the worker generously allows them to take a year off to become a carer.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If the Tory majority stays exactly where it is then I will :lol:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkEEqXT3uQ

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/StephenMangan/status/865477107329007617

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Imagine trying to make an argument against increasingly intrusive surveillance after this.

"Oh so you support the bombing of children :smuggo:"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Flamin Hot

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Private Speech posted:

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/Frozen/Greggs/Pasties-and-Slices/Greggs-2-Cornish-Pasties-362g/p/53855

Granted they aren't exactly the main thing they make.

Also according to daily mail they had to rename them in their actual shops because of the EU and geographic cultural product limitations. But I'm not posting a link to DM.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/protected-food-name-cornish-pasty-pgi / http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/quality/door/registeredName.html?denominationId=1844

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cheese and onion crisps are poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks UKMT for the Greggs not Krispy Kreme tip, will have to grab a box to take into work

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Miftan posted:

Any type of chocolate with orange in it is bad.

This and your opinion on crisp flavours, to the gulag!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's the humidity. I can be quite comfortable at 40 degrees in Arizona but 25 here is horrible.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Here being London yesterday where the air quality is poo poo and there's no breeze.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I went for a walk right through the City - Aldgate to Bart's via st Paul's then back via London Wall - at lunchtime yesterday and there was a lovely fresh breeze and the air quality was kind of okay. My hay fever didn't even flicker. Probably the nicest weather I've seen in the centre of town in ten years.

I was out at around 2 near Park Lane but far enough into the streets that the air wasn't moving much and it was pretty horrible. Usually I get out for lunch and walk from Southwark Bridge to Waterloo along the South Bank and it's lovely.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pochoclo posted:

Setting him on fire? What the actual gently caress. The craziest form of bullying I've seen in my workplace is someone hiding a coworker's phone for like a minute, I can't even imagine what kind of douchebag thinks setting someone on fire is "just harmless ribbing"

I guess they'd have no issue with someone torching their dealership because it's just banter

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/status/868498673872891904

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lightning Lord posted:

100%, total destruction

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pretty strong words from Merkel today about how the EU needs to get on with things without expecting the UK and USA to be there to work with them on things.

Glad we seem to have backed the right horse here.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Berious posted:

I hope the EU army will take old fat shutins for when the UK collapses post brexit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Theresa May and her team" and the whole way that leaflet is presented looks like some completely amateur poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Tories historically haven't struggled with appealing to primary school children

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Any outcome that results in Lynton Crosby being associated with campaign gently caress-ups is OK by me

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Regarde Aduck posted:

What I don't understand is why such people don't just not vote. Voting for the party with polices you dislike because the party you do agree with can't win? What logic is that.

Lots of thick people

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't understand for a second the argument against these sorts of regulations. Even if everybody is wrong about climate change you've invested in energy sources that pollute your country less and lower energy bills. Oh the horror! It's like wanting the freedom to have beaches covered in poo poo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Darth Walrus posted:

Do they lower energy bills? I'd always heard that nuclear and renewables were more expensive. I'll admit that I haven't looked into it in detail, though.

LED lighting as an example is dirt cheap now, gives a light quality that in many cases can exceed incandescent, and costs a shitload less to run. The Mail still want their light bulbs back after Brexit, but the rest of the world has moved on.

If regulatory changes hadn't nudged consumer habits then it's unlikely the market for the products would have existed to impact development and costs in the way that it has.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Party Boat posted:

I keep one or two folded up in my work bag so I don't end up buying more when I'm inevitably asked to pick up milk and bread on my way home.

:hfive:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

thehappyprince posted:

let the guardian die and give all of the donations to a new paper that does the investigative journalism without giving idiots like toynbee, kettle and moran 6 figure salaries imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Julio Cruz posted:

"what do you mean I can't exploit people by putting them on zero hours contracts, that's so unfair"

that bloke is a typical FYGM and I have zero sympathy for him.

"Actually I'm doing people a favour by buying up all the houses and offering to rent them out"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kind of?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pesmerga posted:

I spent a morning in the gym listening to idiots complaining that he was just giving money away to scroungers and hated Britain. May, in comparison, was 'STRONG AND STABLE' and oh so Thatcheresque :byodood: . They know this. Not because they watched the interviews, of course, but because they read the Daily Mail highlights.

Burn your gym down

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I cannot get over the pure head-gently caress that is having someone a few months ago standing up and saying "The vote was to leave the EU so gently caress the single market and bollocks to free movement, the EU are cunts" now appearing on their party political broadcasts and saying that there's a real chance of it all going horrifically wrong so we need to be careful. It's a massive gaslighting effort.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everything's come full circle and I can't get away from it

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/869619445311950849

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Runny yolk best yolk

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jose posted:

may resigns

Brexit timer carries on ticking

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jose posted:

i'm not really sure of your point other than another referendum for a brexit that is extremely popular now brexit is happening

My point is that May would have lost probably 12 months out of 24 to some stupid exercise. I don't think we'd get a second referendum.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Just wrap the sandwich in foil . It's better than carrying a big 2l ice cream tub everywhere yeah you dig?

How are you protecting against crushing of the sandwich? I assume crusty baguettes will be forbidden in the brave new Brexity world.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

waffle posted:

This one's still against the consensus but I'm curious, what happens if this *is* what happens? Tory + LD isn't enough for a coalition, nor is Lab + SNP.... chaos reigns? Or nothing gets passed for a while except the occasional bill with cross-party support, and we get another election in a couple years?

https://twitter.com/ptr_yeung/status/869659701151244289

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1F93EJIds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a precedent in the UK for an early election being called and then the party in power loving it up horribly?

• Locked thread