Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hope everyone is ready for Anime Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

Darksiders is back!

It's uh... it's Starcraft Ghost?

Good. I hope it's more DS1 than 2 though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pff, they weren't called the Four Hoursepeople of the Apocalypse :rolleyes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

that looks good af

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sakurazuka posted:

God Borne Dark Eater Resurrection: Scholar of the Rage Burst

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cardboard Box A posted:

Darksiders is back!

I don't know anything about Darksiders but... I like what I see.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know anything about Darksiders but... I like what I see.
The very first thing that happens in the first game is humanity is wiped out when the forces of heaven and hell erupt onto earth and War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, descends to stop them. It's basically a Legend of Zelda game.

edit: here's the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wv6Fj1onQU&hd=1

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Darksiders is back!

Sorry, not enough rear end for Starcraft Ghost.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She now has a chain thingy so they can make the combat even more like God of War.

Please don't have random loot this time. :(

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Man I'm still sad starcraft ghost never came out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/859036142150209537

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I was 100% expecting there to be a smaller Emil mask underneath

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's hideki kamiya

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love Kamiya

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idgi

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh it actually is kamiya. i don't know what taro looks like. but he has glasses i think ??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno if anyone's actually seen him without the mask on.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm extremely ready

lmao

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sakurazuka posted:

The Dark Souls of FMV games

Or, is Dark Souls the A Fork In The Tale of action RPGs?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno if anyone's actually seen him without the mask on.

There are photos of him out there if you really want to know

Sakurazuka posted:

She now has a chain thingy so they can make the combat even more like God of War.

Please don't have random loot this time. :(

Yes please. 2 annoyed me so much that I never even finished it. There was no satisfaction in exploring or fighting optional enemies or anything in that game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Code Vein and Darksiders 3...

Thank you game industry for helping me cope with the loss of Castlevania.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

They'll probably fix it but it has the same animation problem as the Surge where enemies don't really react to getting hit (besides a squirting blood animation)

I hope it's good

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Sakurazuka posted:

That looks like loving garbage. Anime ruins everything.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

Macarius Wrench posted:

Man I'm still sad starcraft ghost never came out.

Me too, but I'm glad at least they have the quality guidelines in place that killed it. They should have just made it in-house, I'd like to see a Blizzard take on stealth action (I just want more stealth action games).

Speaking of them, I tried watching a Heroes of the Storm tournament to see what was up with their 2.0 update and it seemed kind of... slow? Team fights lasted three times longer than they really should have, and a lot of times they would just walk away without heroes dying. I don't know if I like the huge health pools and having walls you can safely hide behind, but I do like the lack of last hitting and the more flexible talent builds.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Souls is....anime

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Kassoon posted:

Me too, but I'm glad at least they have the quality guidelines in place that killed it. They should have just made it in-house, I'd like to see a Blizzard take on stealth action (I just want more stealth action games).

Speaking of them, I tried watching a Heroes of the Storm tournament to see what was up with their 2.0 update and it seemed kind of... slow? Team fights lasted three times longer than they really should have, and a lot of times they would just walk away without heroes dying. I don't know if I like the huge health pools and having walls you can safely hide behind, but I do like the lack of last hitting and the more flexible talent builds.

I think longer battles where you can more easily manage and keep track of HP instead of being obliterated before you know what happened is part of the appeal? Phasing out building up items and builds and that whole system is another thing that keeps it extremely accessible. I don't have much of an opinion on HOTStorm but adding lootboxes are a proven Good Thing™ and dynamics of each map playing so differently is a nice change of pace.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am pumped for Darksiders 3, and I am also hoping it is more Darksiders 1 than 2 and keeps the same tone of being self aware but playing it totally straight that those two had.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

anime is good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally someone has turned the anime in Dark Souls from a 7 all the way up to like a 7.5

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I hated Heroes of the Storm. Hated, hated, hated, hate, hated, hated it. I like Mobas, i played both dota and LOL, I love Blizzard - played hours of Starcraft and Diablo and WoW and I love videogames but HotS is maybe one of the most garbage videogames I've ever seen from a big name studio.

Everything in that game just feels inconsequential. Every hero feels underpowered. Every action you take feels worthless.

I played Horizon and it didn't click for me but I still appreciate that's a gorgeous game. I played Nier and I really didnt enjoy it despite its unique approach to being a game. I played Last Guardian and appreciated what it was trying for even though it bored me silly.

HotS is garbage. I can maybe imagine a 3 year old toddler having fun mashing abilities and watching the colours which is funny because they'd be about as affective as a seasoned HotS pro veteran (lol).

loving garbage excuse for a videogame and it could have been so good *sigh*

Utterly garbage videogame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mad?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Glad for more action games from jp devs after they mostly took the last generation off

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Souls games, how can they be anime?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Yeah kinda but less seething red eyed anger and more confused blurry "how did you gently caress this up so badly" confused anger.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

I like Souls games, how can they be anime?

Unfortunately, I think you'll find that they are Good 3 Fun 3 Anime 7 (G3F3A7) games.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The thing you like is anime, you like anime, you are an anime liker.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
this japanese game isnt anime, because,

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It isn't anime because it's slow as gently caress

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I think longer battles where you can more easily manage and keep track of HP instead of being obliterated before you know what happened is part of the appeal? Phasing out building up items and builds and that whole system is another thing that keeps it extremely accessible. I don't have much of an opinion on HOTStorm but adding lootboxes are a proven Good Thing™ and dynamics of each map playing so differently is a nice change of pace.

I think they could halve or 75% the TTK and it'd still be fine, but my main problem with the team fights was the lack of lethality. You'd get a big 5v5 and often everyone would just walk away. During the lanes there'd be some poke, a hard engage, and then they'd walk behind their walls and it was over. I almost never saw any sort of exciting dives, just teams whittling at each other and disengaging until one manages to get a pick off.

I liked the objectives and how they'd constantly force fights, and still play Overwatch largely for the loot boxes. The tournaments just didn't give a very good impression.

Kassoon fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

It isn't anime because it's slow as gently caress

Guts was on a boat for nine years

• Locked thread