Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does everyone focus on one game at a time, juggle a bunch of games at once, or buy games but just go back to dota 2/overwatch/rocket league/etc

I focus on one game at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tumbleseed comes out tomorrow for Switch, PS4, and Steam.

I hope it's good, I'm planning to get it for the Switch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sefal posted:

I've been wondering, Has there been a game where midway, or at the end a party member betrays you and takes all the equipment they had equiped with them?
It would be a dickmove, but surely a developer has done this?

I have played at least 15 games like this but the only one I can remember at the top of my head is Child of Light

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

I blew through yakuza over the weekend and now I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for tits 3rd on wednesday

Nioh DLC comes out tomorrow friendo

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How traditional of a wedding will it be. I saw my friend's sister's wedding pics and everyone one was in cosplay (Winnie the Poo, some dude from Mad Max, etc)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Hope everyone is ready for Anime Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ

They'll probably fix it but it has the same animation problem as the Surge where enemies don't really react to getting hit (besides a squirting blood animation)

I hope it's good

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

God eater seemed ok to me when I played the psp one forever ago

I think I beat the tutorial boss in God Eater then got bored. My sister liked the sequel though

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

exquisite tea posted:

In my limited time with MOBAs, the playerbase has categorically been the most unpleasant to be around. I think everything about Dota is kind of engineered to bring out the worst traits in people and it shows. Even the occassional HotS goon group has had 1 or 2 really disagreeable people who start getting emotional and lashing out because their beautiful Tracer is getting hurt by the big mean Diablo. It's pathetic.

I played LoL with goons way back and they kept assuring me they wouldn't be hard on me since I told them I was new and then during the match they started getting angry at me for playing bad.

And then later *I* was the one getting angry and lashing out at people and then I stopped playing MOBAs completely

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mordja posted:

But you just said you only play against the AI...

And with his friends.

FAK please play a game with randos against other randos and watch your opinion change

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The enemies don't stagger in the trailer that was linked earlier (or really respond to being hit)

I also expect the reverse of Dark Souls ~lore~ and it will have lots of anime cutscenes with over exposition and melodrama

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I love constrained and deliberate combat

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Nioh had the dumbest cutscenes and it was great

"Dawn is Breaking"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Andrast posted:

It's a bad Etrian Odyssey with bad caricatures of P3 and P4 characters in it

The only decent part was all the characters having sub-personas so you could min-max to oblivion

Of course you just have Naoto spam her instakill skills for trash encounters

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Too much FOE dodging puzzles

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The villain in Infamous trains himself so he's ready for the sequel

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I had the whole game spoiled to me before I played so I chose the cage coin because it's fitting

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
average playtime for persona 5 is 80 hours on any difficulty so don't expect to finish it anytime soon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got TumbleSeed and it's really pretty and good but it's insanely difficult on account of its control scheme

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't really care how long or short a game is as long as it has decent pacing.

Financially I prefer long games so I get my $60 worth

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Perhaps you should ignore full-throated endorsements no matter how loud or pushy

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mordja posted:

I'm the type of guy for whom gameplay>anything else

:hf:

I think sound/music would be my 2nd most cared about thing

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

I think I would like Tales games more if I could turn off voices in battles specifically. I wanna hear the battle music, not wall-to-wall attack name shouts. :smith:

wtf is wrong with you that's the best part

DEMON FANG DEMON FANG SHINING DRAGON SWARM!!!!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Palpek posted:

I was just attacked by a medkit in Prey. Now I'm afraid to open the fridge.

Going to pick up Prey from Red Box after work and I don't know anything about it besides being attacked by random objects so I'm expecting a Silent Hill "They look like monsters to you?" twist

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I heard the ps4 controls were super bad but the devs said they were Day One patched but I'm still worried

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Palpek posted:

I must say that Prey 2017 is making me retroactively regret ever touching Bioshock Infinite. It's an irrational reaction and the only one of this type I've ever had but somehow the way Prey embraces and sometimes expands upon the freedom of System Shock makes Bioshock Infinite's horrendous treatment of it and self-important plot seem so awful in comparison that it magnifies my negative opinion about it.

Given the themes in Prey 2017's plot I'm surprised it didn't end up pretentious (though the ending is a bit of a let down)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the e3 thread will be ready to go as soon as ubisoft and nintendo say when they're doing their thing which i'm assuming will be sometime this week

three of the conferences are on the weekend this year and for some reason the really boring PC Gaming Show is going to be at noon rather than late at night where it belongs as a sleep aid

Maybe I'll actually watch this year if it's on the weekend (while playing something)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
People futilely hoping Beyond Good and Evil 2 is announced and then the big reveal is another Tom Clancy game

though I expect it'll be the AC reboot this year

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
If it's a reboot I hope they get rid of the boring modern day sci fi stuff and just make it pure alt history/fantasy

I mean they won't because 5 people on earth still care about the modern day stuff

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yes it's set in Egypt and there's a 90% chance Ubisoft will announce it soon since there hasn't been an AC in awhile

Not counting the awful movie

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sefal posted:

That feeling when work is hosting a game tournament for a game you don't really like and don't play.
But you end up winning all your matches that day anyway. :smith:

People made fun of me when I was younger because I kept beating them in video games so I let them win so they'd stop bullying me :negative:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What about the waifu rating? I see d.va avatars all over Games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

mutata posted:

Robots as lower class is a tried and true sci fi trope.

I learned from persona 5 that robot means "slave labor" in Russian or something

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There's definitely good tracks in Prey but they're drowned out by the "You've been spotted!" and battle themes which are super loud

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You'll be a skeleton by the time it comes out

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I like that better than CGI trailers of games coming out in like 2019

Or stuff that gets canceled

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Have you played any of the Deus Exs?

And yes there is

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
FPS with some rpg mechanics in a world with very deliberate design allowing players to approach objectives in multiple ways. If you love exploring in video games and being rewarded for it you'll probably like it. Like to get from point A to B there's probably 2~3 different things you can do

e: beaten

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Jay Rust posted:

If they can move on their own

The medkit you're about to pick up suddenly transforms into a four legged spider thing and attacks you, so if you think that's too much avoid Prey

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Where is the patapon remaster :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
2 is the best; 3 was a bit eh since they leaned a little too hard on the multiplayer and RPG aspects (but 3 has the best music except for 2's theme song)

I was miffed that it was 1 getting remastered at first too

• Locked thread