Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh, NBA Playgrounds comes out May 9. I'm hoping it has some of the Jam magic and is not just a cheap cash-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIeXzgUa-go

That sounds pretty interesting. NBA jam was sooo fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I preordered Prey :negative: The demo really clicked for me and I kept thinking about it over the weekend. The recent Deus Ex game left me wanting and I haven't played Dishonored 2 yet, but I'll take sci-fi over fantasy if I have to choose. I liked walking into a room and being rewarded for slowly examining the space instead of rushing through. Seeing two buckets next to a wet floor sign let me plan an attack in a way that's similar but very different to finding an enemy with his back to you. I also like that it eschews an xp system so there's no incentive to restrict yourself to half the tools available; DE always gives more xp for ghosting an area or for non-lethal takedowns, which meant that your loud and deadly moveset was a hindrance. In the Prey demo, exploration leds to items with tangible benefits, and even at the low end of the benefit spectrum is the ability to convert things into materials for fabricating ammo or medkits. My gripes are that I had to leave some locked safes and rooms unexplored because I couldn't find a way to open them, and that there aren't enough shortcut options for the controller (only three to cover melee, utility, ranged, and psi abilities). I know the rule about never preordering games, but I'm a sucker for that Amazon discount and I love System Shock.

I haven't got to dishonored 2 also. What has been holding me back is that although I enjoyed the first one, but being forced to go non-lethal/full stealth in order to get one specific ending really put me off.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

2 is good, you can play more aggressively now and as long as your decent you will get by fine. my issue is the game is pretty short and kinda spins its wheels story wise, also this is my personal opinion, but it ruins a lot of the mystery from the 1st. like you had to put stuff together in one and read extra stuff and scour for tidbits. in 2 they just exposition it. like they explain the outsider and the heart and other stuff. it's not bad but I liked piecing stuff together and making theories.

I might pick it up in a sale at some point. Prey on the other hand, I wasn't really paying much attention to it but after the disappointment that was ME:A, I feel like I need some good sci-fi in my life right now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get it. People treat this game like it's the second coming of RPGesus...

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Is Prey 2017 spooky scary?

I streamed it for a couple of hours yesterday and I had a few jump scare moments that made me slightly embarrassed. But keep in mind, I'm a complete sissy when it comes to those things.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

and unlike most games with stealth elements it doesn't give you piles of weapons you'll never use for fear of alerting people.

Totally agree and as I pointed before is the main thing that put me off Dishonored.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Yes it's set in Egypt and there's a 90% chance Ubisoft will announce it soon since there hasn't been an AC in awhile

Not counting the awful movie

It's gonna be groundbreaking. They spent a whole extra year making sure that it has double as many stupid chests and collectatons than any game ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What games have motherhood as a theme? Besides Metroid

What remains of edith finch

• Locked thread