Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I spent a huge amount of time this weekend playing XCOM 2 and it was quite fun. I think I'm approaching the end game. If my soldiers can't launch grenades on their own I'm stuffing them in to armor with built in rocket launchers. My goal is to explode my way through the game as much as possible and nothing yet has deterred me in that mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I played LOL for like 2 years a long rear end time ago and quit because the community is terrible and the meta is so rigid with roles and NO YOU CANNOT GO BOT YOU MUST JUNGLE.

I like playing Heroes of the Storm more simply because there's no items, no set lane roles, you can still change up characters by talent traits, and each map objective ensures that even people bad at engaging can still help out. It's also a lot faster than MOBAS and makes killstealing (which horrid people yell about all the time) a non-entity, all points and experience are universal.

It's a much more chilled out game and since it's playing catch-up you get all this poo poo for free now so it's the best time to jump in and play with once or twice a week. Def more of an "arcade" feel with how it plays so it's not as grindy or toxic.

enjoy destroying all the cover and buildings, friend. blowing up everything is a completely sound plan for the endgame especially when the enemies get clumped together for many end missions. IMO grenades helped more than my scout katanamens did.

Acid grenades do a number on groups of enemies, especially when they're armored. It's real satisfying.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I never enjoyed a MOBA until I played Heroes of the Storm and the reason why is what was mentioned a few posts up. No items, no kill stealing, and xp sharing. That's all great. Especially the no items thing. I'm loving sick of item load outs. I want to see an enemy or a teammate and know exactly what I can expect them to do. This is the reason why Overwatch is the only shooter I play online anymore. gently caress learning the details of dozens of items, I don't have the patience nor time for that anymore.

With all of that said it's interesting to look back over my 30 years of gaming and see how my tastes have changed over time. I remember when I thought shooters with item pick ups were fine. The onto games with dozens of possible item load outs being the best thing because I didn't have to control one area of a map to secure the biggest and baddest weapon. But that quickly wore me down because of the time commitment to unlock everything. I'm glad something like Overwatch is finally here.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've played many games with goons starting with stuff on the 360 then onto PC games. I don't think I've ever been around a goon who lost their cool.

• Locked thread