Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Maybe I'll play Resident EVII_ this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Simpsons seasons 2-10 were pure gold (1 had some good episodes too but the first half of it suffered from both animators/writers still getting the hang of it). That's still a better run than most shows ever had.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm really looking forward to Prey and my only gripe with it is that those shadow enemies could become tiring on longer stretches. I'd rather have regular humans possesed by them and the actual shadows only be present in special sections or something but we'll have to see how the full version ends up being.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Darksiders is back!

It's uh... it's Starcraft Ghost?
Sorry, not enough rear end for Starcraft Ghost.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I liked some gameplay elements of Bioshock Infinite and the setpieces. For example Elisabeth was a good companion and the levels with rails let you do some cool stuff. The story was really bad though and in a game where the story is the main focus and you have long cutscenes and "meaningful choices" that's pretty much a fatal flaw.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah but it's not perfect, exhibit A:

I'm these 2 consecutive transformation frames:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Recently I visited my nephews and last I remembered they were into LEGO. It turns out that my info is way out of date as they're no longer into lame LEGO but into COBI which is a LEGO knock-off that produces military sets. The company apparently went all-in and recreates tanks, planes and trucks based on real models. The list is pretty insane.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If you haven't seen that it might be a trick then it's all on you. The writers being a bit more subtle than usual instead of bashing you on the head with 'watch out, paragon/renegade choice!' is not a flaw.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cowcaster posted:

even the "good" path has the lover dude wind up dead, so.
If you visit his hut you find out that he was not far from that scenario anyway.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I liked the quest with that guy who went missing in a village with an old couple and if you just listen to the nice old lady explain that "nah, nothing happened, we helped the guy and he went his merry way" you can finish the quest right there and never learn the truth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jay Rust posted:

Sure. I guess I didn't hit the right flags that let Geralt call her out on anything.
Yes, you need to investigate things thoroughly.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

While we talk about writing just lol at the obnoxiousness of Megaton. "We built a town around an unexploded atomic bomb, gee it would really suck if something happened to it".

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So many advantages of living next to a huge hole with an atomic bomb in it, the list just goes on and on. You can dry laundry on it, it gives you shade, you can worship it. Man, this bomb does so many interesting rational things. I guess somebody could think of using it for its intended puprose and pay you, player character big bucks to do it but that's crazy talk and totally not the blatant reason why this poo poo exists in the script.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Forget it, Geralt, It's Novigrad
Thanks, I just changed TW3's thread title to this.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Is there any game that comes close to featuring the studio's boss as an in-game character 3D modelled in detail complete with his glasses, having super stats and being at one point refered to as "God"?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok, technically Riddick games featured the likeness of the studio's owner as the protagonist.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

precision posted:

oh hey that Little Nightmares game quietly came out. Anyone played it yet? Is it as good as it looked? Silent Little Big Planet is definitely my jam.

Looks pretty interesting.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 4, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's a giant turnon for me though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Inside was great and the ending was fantastic.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I really liked the mechanics of it and the way the physics worked in favor of the idea. I loved all the little details they didn't sacrifice even though the scope of the concept could have easily overwhelmed that section. It was definitely a memorable experience for me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Game length should just fit the game. I really like my epic long RPGs but I also like my super short indie sweethearts.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I think Titanfall 2's single-player needed a couple more stages where it would reach its full potential. I loved the game but I felt there was still some air left under the accelerator pedal if that makes sense.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I can get into 1 mega long game only every couple of years but it's more about what can get me actually hooked rather than a premeditated decision.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bioshock Infinite, what a twist.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm playing Prey and it owns. This is the next gen System Shock 2 people were waiting for.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The game was ok but it suffered from fantasy-tis. It has hundreds of pages of fictional lore written for it but it's all facts and battles and there's not enough humanity in it for you to care. Some people find that super interesting but it wasn't for me. Baldur's Gate also had tons of lore but it had way more heart.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

I hope Obsidian makes some better pledge goals for their next kickstarter because man those NPC fanfics were some of the most embarrassing things I've ever read in a video game.

Pillars of Eternity backer posted:

As they pass down a somewhat deserted street, an object suddenly hits this woman in the chest and bounces off, rolling away toward one of the buildings. The women stop and look at the object, an apple, and then back up at the person who threw it. There is nothing special about him aside from the angry look on his face and the two other apples he holds. Before either woman can move, the man draws back and throws another one at them, this time hitting the second woman in the forehead. The woman raises her hand to her head and wipes the juice and bits of fruit from her face and stares the man down defiantly. The first woman squeezes her hand and puts the other on her companion’s shoulder, attempting to calm her down. The other woman pulls a book from her pack and holds it before her, muttering under her breath…
:negative:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I was just attacked by a medkit in Prey. Now I'm afraid to open the fridge.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Prey is really good, like really loving good. However if somebody didn't like the demo then I don't know if the full release is for them. However however - apparently the PC version controls way better than the console ones, runs like butter and has a better UI and stuff so that might make a difference. I'm playing k+m and it's all good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Harrow posted:

I haven't tried the demo but I'm really interested in Prey just going by the setting, atmosphere, and the promise of it being basically System Shock again. What makes it so good?
Well, it basically is a next-gen System Shock with everything that this entails:
-a giant space station free to explore an hour into the game with places locked behind necesary tools/powers that reward backtracking
-tons of secrets, detours, alternative routes to objectives, viable gameplay styles, tons of key cards, codes, emails, the game is really swimming in this stuff
-emergant gameplay where you can combine different tools you're given to use against the enemies in creative ways, you can focus on engineering or mental powers or being a wizard etc., there's a lot of Deus Ex in this System Shock
-I dig the setting and the aliens being able to turn into any item in a room and then you being able to get those powers from them

Overall I just really like how much this game lets me gently caress around and explore, try weird ideas and then see them realized because the devs actually thought about that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I understand that it would overwrite it on your PC but normally you can download games that you bought on Steam even if they're not available for purchase anymore so that's really weird.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

When it comes to burgers here there's either McDonald's/Burger King or gourmet burgers which are already expensive - there's this huge gap in between and nothing like Five Guys.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 6, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I bet there's the same % of hyped people disappointed after seeing Mona Lisa in person as those who played Nier: A so.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Real gamers know that the true gaming hardcore is having impossible top scores in the most casual games. Game on Wolf and Eggs grandmasters.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a message on PS4 from someone today and apparently people paying for platinum trophies is a dumb thing I never knew existed

Why
*looks at the profiles of people competing for the highest Steam user level*

I don't know, I really don't know.

But seriously that top guy only ever launched 71 of his 4,655 games :wtc:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

I regretted finishing Bioshock Infinite and then the DLC.
I must say that Prey 2017 is making me retroactively regret ever touching Bioshock Infinite. It's an irrational reaction and the only one of this type I've ever had but somehow the way Prey embraces and sometimes expands upon the freedom of System Shock makes Bioshock Infinite's horrendous treatment of it and self-important plot seem so awful in comparison that it magnifies my negative opinion about it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cowcaster posted:

wowsers. go with steam microsoft
It was pretty bad:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Prey's soundtrack owns when it actually plays in the game. A part of me would like some lighter mix of the music to play more often during gameplay.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Welp, Square pressed ABORT on Hitman.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That's 100% sure. I don't know what company owns the Hitman IP. If it's Square then if the game sold under Square's expectations to the point of them letting IO go then I doubt they plan on developing Hitman any time soon even with a different studio. If IO owns the IP then I doubt that a new investor they find would want to continue Sqaure's publishing ideas so they'd probably rather develop a new Hitman if not focus on an entirely different IP.

• Locked thread