Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The magic carpet escape level in Aladdin was some Battletoads level of bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Life is 2trange

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

mutata posted:

Battlenet just got rebranded to Blizzard Launcher, btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It makes a lot of sense that Blizzard gets a third party game on their platform. They have an insane ammount of users, they were basically wasting free money not selling more games on their platform. It would be cool to have actual capable comeptition to Steam.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Healbot posted:

Activision games are not third party for Blizzard

In Training posted:

Activision and Blizzard are the same company
Ah ok, that makes more sense I guess.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Some CEO is probably very happy about winning that battle.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

precision posted:

what do you think would be the best console to own for living in a hippie commune? serious question!
Ouya

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Imo Destiny 2 fits the Blizzard brand and doesn't look out of place next to Overwatch or Diablo unlike CoDs (maybe it's about the fantasy settings vs going for realism). However, if they're planning to actually expand their platform to other games then releasing the new CoD exclusively on battle.net would be the way to go.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Kins posted:

I'm looking forward to having 20 different launchers/clients - all for different publishers - sitting in my taskbar at once, and dealing with the Bethesda.net Launcher for the Quake beta has made me even more comfortable that this is the one true good future that is Best For The Platform.
Nah, after this period of fighting over pity money the big gaming corpos will finally merge into a single client called sky.net.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact… same thing… over and over again, expecting… a better result."

- Ubisoft reperesantative during the presentation of Far Cry FIVE

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

You walk towards an idyllic house, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, a smiling grandma on the porch is petting a beautiful syberian husky. You come closer and just as you want to say hello the grandma takes her hand off the dog and BAZINGA the dog is a templar, the house's layout is an exact mini-replica of Berlin in 1936 and grandma's nails are real gross. Things are not what they seem holllllly moly, mind-blown.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lol cool that they went with pigs=cops in a mobile game where your goal is to catapult suicide-bombers into groups of them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I have TW3 and HZD to cover all my monster hunting needs.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In Training posted:

They should put a new Gimmick on Switch
Is there already a racing game that lets you use the 2 detachable gamepads as pedals and the tablet as a steering wheel?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bicyclops posted:

I've always avoided Monster Hunter purely because people seem to disappear into it for 130 hours and I'm sort of at my quota for games that I can do that with. Like at some point, I'm going to want to replay Witcher 3, and I'm sure Horizon: Zero Dawn takes some time to finish, and I'm also a big loser baby who likes Bethesda, so at some point I want to get back to Fallout 4.
HZD is not that long compared to those other games so I'd start with it!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Standalone Gwent seems cool but also seems like you need to really dive into it because every card has many different abilities now and figuring out synergies alone looks like work (or just google op decks I guess). It's a bit overwhelming like having the first contact with MTG be some late expansion with all those cyclings, exiles and splicings thrown at you at once.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I actually don't mind the interface, I like that there are multiple ways to do different actions (dragging, double clicking, clicking on-screen buttons, using keyboard shortcuts).

But yeah, figuring out cards looks like a time investments. They have a lot of abilities, those abilities work together or against one another but then you can play some cards to certain rows and some cards to various rows and you have to figure out what makes the most sense...for each of 5 factions.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 26, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bicyclops posted:

Isn't that kind of how they all function, though? Hearthstone etc. have all seemed like MTG clones that try to start with mid-level complexity and kind of land on one of the sets with about six keywords and minimal interaction. I guess that complexity is sort of wasted if there's like a maximum of five decks you can possibly have extant in the meta, though.
I haven't played Hearthstone so I can't compare. Other digital card games I played were all MTG so welp.

It seems like every faction could focus on a few different gimmicks so it doesn't look that simple (but of course a couple of them will be OP) and many cards can be used by different factions (especially heroes) so their abilities are spread throughout the entire game. One big change from TW3 Gwent is that there's a limited ammount of hero cards you can have in your deck so you're always forced to fight against the opponent's tactics against your regular army which makes the game varied. You can't just go all hero cards + 2 healers or something.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My favorite Metal Gear thing is still Quiet being replaced with an Ocelot model for the rolling in the rain scene. Just remembering it makes me laugh, it should have been like that in the original.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Apparently a BYOB thread was used as documentation in an irl trademark infringement denial document: http://religiouslibertyleague.org/Response%20TM%20Denial%20re%20Logo.pdf

I'm loving dying.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The White Dragon posted:

i think i understand and it's pretty funny if i'm reading it correctly, but i'm also really blazed so can you give me the footnotes version of this case
- Some Scientology organization wants to be independant from The Church of Scientology that they think has created a monopoly for itself via various methods including trademarks
- This Scientology organization files a trademark for First Independent Church of Scientology but is denied because Scientology is trademarked
- They try to fight against the denial arguing that 'scientology' has become a generic term and they give different examples of its mainstream usage for the judge/jury to consider including the "scientology of pizza" thread in byob with its pyramid-pizza head photoshops
- Lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

You could see how you like Path of Exile - it's free.

Victor Vran is dirt cheap and is really cool but more in the direction of Gauntlet gameplay where your manouverability matters.

Other than that - get Diablo 3 + expansion or Grim Dawn on a discount. They're both really good and robust.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I started playing Second Son but it was so run off the mill that I forgot I actually owned it. There wasn't a conscious decision to stop playing it, one day I simply forgot it existed.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Tekken 7 will be the biggest June release, right? Also while I'm at it - holy poo poo real Tekken on PC, what a time to be alive.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Well, Injustice 2 also just released and has been very well received.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Now somebody needs to wake up SEGA and tell them to develop a new Virtua Fighter. I really liked the series.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's the golden age of [insert genre here].

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lakbay posted:

Aren't RTS with real time base building/attacking on the same map sorta deadish. I know a new Star Craft was released but that's it. I don't follow the genre so I'm probably wrong
There have been some good RTS games released in recent years like Grey Goo and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak but the genre has been overshadowed by MOBA's so nobody really cares.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

an actual dog posted:

lol at the 80s logo
Why they didn't use it in Blood Dragon is beyond me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Anyway, all I see is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's just a June chat thread so who cares. However, July thread, that will be a huge deal, drat.

• Locked thread