Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's especially bad when you remember where Simpsons used to fall politically.

It'd be like South Park suddenly going all in against opinionless apaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am continuing to enjoy Bayonetta even though I keep getting told I am complete garbage. Considering Bayonetta's personality I guess it's a good fit.

I am on Chapter 6 and still cannot afford the parry accessory

Getting stone rewards on your first playthrough is normal, as is being too broke to afford accessories.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's good to know. I guess coming from Metal Gear where you literally cannot get past the early game without parrying, having that be a late unlock seemed strange to me

The parrying is the normal way to play metal gear and dodging is an extra alternative, whereas in Bayonetta it's flipped where dodging is your bread and butter and parrying is not required.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I hope Core Vein is good as a souls knockoff, but it better bring something new to the formula other than anime faces.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If you aren't willing to feed other people for eternity, then clearly you aren't pure enough to go to heaven

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Does YouTube not vet their ads? I just saw one for a pokemon ripoff which was 90% footage from Pokken tournament. How do they get away with this?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Growing up I was told a Vietnamese parable: hell is a bunch of horny people in a circle who are unable to cum because their arms are too long to reach their genitals, while heaven is the same only everyone is satisfied because they j/o each other.

e:

People who like to jack other people off all go to heaven I guess

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Whatever it is I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Dark souls, armored core, shadow tower, anything they make will be perfect in the switch.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Also they ripped the models from GZ and the medic has the exact same face as Big Boss sans hair

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 3, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I've been replaying Mystical Ninja starring Goemon and man, I would loving kill for a new entry in that series on the Switch.

Konami, stop making pachislot games and give me another Goemon!!!!!

I think that Mystical Ninja doesn't hold up too well, but Great Adventure is still perfect.

I can't believe that niether of them were VC releases. It's the greatest crime Konami has ever committed

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wouldn't say the Deadly Premonition amnesia twist is particularly great, but it enables York to exist which is good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Just finished playing through a romhack of Mario 64, Last Impact. Got all 130 stars. Wouldn't recommend it.

Was it real? Is this reality?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

7. Kulshedra

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

5 guys fries are like those handcut fries from the local joint except they aren't very good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah the difficulty lets up after that first part, but if you think the naraku is a slog, you're going to hate the other dungeons even more

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Dark Souls doesn't have a pause button because it would screw up the online multiplayer too easily. They should allow you to pause if you play in offline mode though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I like the chat in OW when it's just people making dumb jokes. I also like it when someone is tilting so I can make dumb jokes about them.

This is only in QP though, ranked chat is horrible.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

idk man because my experience was getting stomped by people who have been playing far longer than i have, i'd say it was pretty miserable.

That's the problem with overwatch now. All the casual players have dropped it so you only play with people who have pretty decent skill. The only thing you can do is suffer through until you get better acquainted with the game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm getting back on DS3 dlc now that I'm done with P5, and I'm enjoying it so far. I really dig the less than fair nature of the more bullshit areas of souls games, so it almost feels like the Ringed City dlc was designed with me in mind, or at least the dreg heap part.

I assume most players hated this dlc right?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

I highly doubt this is the case. In fact I'm willing to bet that competitive players are a distinct minority compared to people who do quickplay, arcade, or custom games.

I used the wrong terminology. I meant to say all the newbies have either quit or become more skilled and there aren't a lot of brand new players picking the game up.

The skill level at the lowest level of play is much higher now than it was at launch and thus makes it very hard to get started.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Deadly Premonition is $3 if you buy it through their boardgame Kickstarter that just went up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The only tps I played on mouse and kb was RE6. I thought that playing it without a controller was a huge mistake but I later found out the game just sucked.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was resisting purchasing Bayonetta again but that's just enough to convince me to buy both

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

In Training posted:

If you haven't got Bayo1 yet the 25% works on the package so you can get both for 30 bucks. Thank you sega

Goddamn Sega, when did you start making good deals!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I got to the first boss of the Ringed City and thought it was just a bloodborne-ish twin gargoyle fight. Then when I beat it on the second try I was like "huh that was easy", and then the next phase started...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It probably doesn't help that it starts off pretty poorly. I quit after getting bored with that Russian airport level and I haven't played it since.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

you have a bright future writing for IGN

Maybe I'm getting too impatient as I get older or my lack of experience from previous games was preventing me from figuring out a quicker way, but I don't like spending 10 minutes slowly slipping through patrols just to get inside the gate.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

If you did that then you really are bad at videogames lmao

I looked up what you're supposed to do and there's a spot on the fence without barbed wire that I missed. This is definitely poor game design and not some DSP situation where I banged my head against the wrong solution for an hour before giving up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's me, I'm the reason why L4D had autocrouch and Mirrors Edge had to colorcode the path.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was hoping The Surge would be good, but the things that they do differently from souls games look like pretty big downgrades. Why put a timer on recovering your souls, that's just punishing you twice for dying

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

robot roll call posted:

It's kind of hard to get the idea of driving upside down across with the static camera, but I like the physics changes on the antigrav sections where you are encouraged to ram into the the other racers and those posts. I seem to remember in one of the Iwata Asks for the game (RIP) they mentioned the camera wasn't originally static for the antigrav stuff and while it was visually dynamic it was really confusing to play.

I kinda hate the spin boost thing from hitting other racers in antigrav sections. It's removes the advantage heavier characters have when ramming other cars. They should get bigger boosts from it or something.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I finally beat the first boss of the Ringed City last night. It took few attempts to learn how to dodge his two worst attacks, then on the kill I ended up eating both of the attacks and still managed to survive :v:

I can't imagine how hard that boss would be if you couldn't hug them to avoid most of the swipes, Bloodborne style.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Well we've never seen Mrs Bowser

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

It's amusing how many options you get for customizing your character in Souls games considering you spend most of them covered in body armor and have no up-close scenes where your face model would even matter.

It's worth it for the helmets that are open or partially cover the face. Also every once in a while you'll take a characters helmet off and remember how fugly you made em

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That was surprisingly easy to find

Somehow you are the one person in the internet to make Waluigi in BB

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Happy momday

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

e: also, would Binding of Isaac count?

That's more of a children's day game if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ornstein and Smough with dog heads is pretty cool

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hate DeepDream so much. Every image it produces is viscerally revolting to the point that I wonder if it's some deep-seated evolutionary memory like from Childhood's End or some poo poo

My wife has visual snow and that video is practically torture for her

• Locked thread