Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I bought Nier:A, Nioh and Yakuza 0 in like January when Target had that b2g1 sale, then bought HZD and beat that before I started any of those.

I've since put like 4 hours into both Nioh and Yakuza 0 but keeping up with the Bloodborne thread has got me playing that once again, instead.

Nioh is good but hard because I keep trying to play it like it's Bloodborne :(.

I also had a kid in March so I only want to play things I know are good in my weekly 1.5 hours of available video game time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
That seems silly, you'd think they'd continue to produce them in limited quantities until they reach market saturation. Or farm it out to another producer.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

A moba but when you're dead you aren't allowed to type.

I'll take my check in steam dollars Valve.

Hell, Counter Strike practically does this.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah Just Cause 2 had some issues but gave me a lot of hope for Just Cause 3 which ended up being not great. I don't know how you take that formula and make it bad but they managed to.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I haven't played a nintendo game in a few years but this is my favorite GIF.

Isn't this somebody's avatar?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I haven't looked at it but I'm willing to bet the little co-op Dota2 event is just that, not a permanent game mode. They have one of these every 6 months or whatever when they do a big event-based patch.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Sefal posted:

That feeling when work is hosting a game tournament for a game you don't really like and don't play.
But you end up winning all your matches that day anyway. :smith:

What game is it

When I was in high school we spent many a class period playing Quake 3.

Thems were the days.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
You guys are making fun of being able to pause video games but I've reached the point in my life where being able to pause Dark Souls would make me incredibly more likely to play it. :negative:

At least Nioh had pausing.

e: i mean i always played Dark Souls alone anyway and loathe DS PVP, so,

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I whole heartedly admit that despite it's praise I didn't buy into the recent Hitman because I thought the old ones were annoyingly janky and hard to be good at. Also too many other AAAAAAA++++ premium good games to be playing.

Maybe IO should come up with a new IP is what I'm saying

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah I guess it's hard to overcome people being dumb idiots who aren't good at stealth games. Maybe they should have made a fps about ww2

My point was that Hitman was critically successfully and sold poorly, and perhaps part of that is because historically speaking some of the Hitman games have been bad, hence people didn't want to buy the new one.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
lol if you played Doom 2016 for the story

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Honestly the only problem with DOOM's story is having to listen to robot man talk for 20 minutes in a game built around fast paced double jumping while punching demons through their skulls.

e: gently caress

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Destiny 2 on PC...Blizzard's launcher

Wait what

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Oh wow, FC5 is literally in Montana. I thought that was a joke.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The antagonist is gonna be, what, cannibals? Some cult? Not a lot of pirates in Montana.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I do a lot of sidequests when I begin a game but around halfway through I get bored and skip a lot of stuff just to get done with it. Ever since Kingdoms of Amalur I'm wary of games with too much side content.

I did this with Horizon: Zero Dawn. Game was really good but I got tired of running across the map checking stuff off a list and just barreled through the last 40% of the story.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

I dunno either but isn't that the StarCraft 2 cover?

I thought this too?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Personally I'm looking forward to playing FC5 and shooting all of the white people because the last 15 years of 'realistic' FPS' have been an assortment of not-white people.

e: I say this as a white people

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Monster Hunter would probably be fun if it weren't a handheld only game.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

In Training posted:

Peace Walker owns.

Mercenary Kings on the other hand most certainly does not.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
All turn based RPGs should have a turbo/fast forward button automatically bound to L1 on the controller so you can speed poo poo up.

vvvv I have never heard of this but I bet that's a good game because of this important feature

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sup games, how are you staving off the cold inevitability of death today?

I moved over the weekend and don't have internet access at home til Wednesday but I did play a Starcraft 1 bot game last night.

Maybe next weekend I'll have time to play some games :unsmith:

e: I lost the bot game btw

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I suppose if he just talked over gameplay videos he'd get more comparisons to totalbiscuit but this guy's schtick seems really dumb and just inviting criticism

also "jimquisition" lol

Good for him for changing in light of the Nazi poo poo though I guess.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Everytime I see FAKs avatar all I can think is that they sell bigger jeans, man.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I didn't know people still play Tekken.

e: by Tekken I mean fighting games in general

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Okay, I didn't know people played 3d side-view fighting games w/ health bars and combos anymore.

I mean I know they still make Street Fighter and stuff but in my brain fighting games kind of died off with arcades.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The Nier:A thread probably has so many posts because goons can't shut the gently caress up about "what constitutes anime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Like most co-op games, Wildlands is a lot of fun with friends and not very fun alone :shrug:

• Locked thread