Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the soundtrack of nier automata is so good I'm gonna loop it until I fall asleep tonight. I never thought something could top Gods Bound By Rules but drat did they deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
look to get the original thief trilogy (or at least 1 and 2, not sure if 3 is on there) on GOG. The games go on sale often and come DRM-free with the soundtracks as well. Thief 3 is worth it because while it's not as well-made as Thief 2 it has fantastic ambiance and the Shalebridge Cradle is still one of the creepiest levels you'll ever play in a game.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
ugh I started playing breath of the wild after nier:automata and the slow start to it just killed my interest. Nintendo just needs to drop tutorials and intro areas entirely.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the tutorial is pretty drat short dude

nier: automata spoiled me and I can't get over the fact the b and a button are swapped and you have a limited stamina meter so you keep stopping every 10 feet

i just want to dash and dodge everywhere is that so wrong

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
my mind is unable to comprehend the art of rolling sausages

oh god you have to return back to your starting position to win the level

I love puzzle games but stephens sausage roll is giving my brain indigestion :negative:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the best donut shops are the ones that open at 4 am for insomniacs like me when your sleep schedules hosed up

blueberry donuts are so drat good

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
:siren: HOLY poo poo RISK OF RAIN 2 AND IT IS GONNA BE IN 3D :siren:

http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/160452455554/devblog-1-our-next-project-weve-been-working

Aw man I loved the first game and I never thought we'd get a sequel to it :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Not super sure going 3D is the right direction for it...

I like that they are willing to take a risk into trying a new artstyle, and while it may not always work (look at how panned the sequel to Nidhogg already is), you can't let others rain on your parade

the gifs they provided give me a vibe of Megaman Legends and I always thought that game had a good style (the combat in that game though was horrendous ha ha)

• Locked thread