Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should put FTL on a console so I can try it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Souls is....anime

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its the power curve. When you have a great match of dota 2 you feel kind of god like yet when you have a poor one you feel so fragile. I'm terms of sheer dopamine activation no game comes close to going ham in dota 2 and feeling unstoppable.

Conversely most other games dont have that kind of buzz. Horizon is very pretty but there is no buzz. Diablo hits the dopamine with its loot being drip fed to you but its just not that big a hit.

I could totally get someone playing a game or 2 of dota and outright hating it, i felt that way after my first game 5 years ago and didn't pay again for a month but i came back and while the hits are extremely gratifying, the lows are the worst moments I've had playing videogames

Add to that that a couple of my real life friends play occasional matches with me and the captivating professional scene and joy of watching the game being played at a high level and that's why i like games like Dota 2.

Fighting games are pretty intense

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going back in my time machine to destroy crafting, mobas and pixel art

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are the Quake heroes shippable at least

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

I'm itching for another good turn-based JRPG to play after Persona 5

I think people say Tales of Berseria is really good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Growing up I was told a Vietnamese parable: hell is a bunch of starving people surrounding a bowl of rice who are unable to feed themselves because their chopsticks are too long to reach their mouth, while heaven is the same only everyone is well-fed because they feed each other.

They both sound like kind of a bad way to spend eternity to be honest

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

KingSlime posted:

or jacking it

Growing up I was told a Vietnamese parable: hell is a bunch of horny people in a circle who are unable to cum because their arms are too long to reach their genitals, while heaven is the same only everyone is satisfied because they j/o each other.

e:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo's online has been fine for a few years now IMO

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know at least 2 people who think Bioshock Infinite is the best game of all time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I should go back to nuclear throne because I was into it for a day or two beat it then went and played something else

I usually get pretty hooked on those kinds of games so idk why I wasn't more into it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FillInTheBlank posted:

I just finished MGSV and goddamn, Kojima, that ending.

I did not expect it at all.

I didn't either but I think in the april thread people were saying they figured it out from like a trailer before the game was even out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone touched a physical game magazine recently? Have they changed much in the past fifteen years?

it'd be kind of cute if they still come with demo discs for no reason

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think some people got really mad about Metal Gear Rising's length when some reviewer posted his completion stats or w/e (It maybe happened with Vanquish too)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

My instincts about what looks fun are mostly correct and it's only the full-throated endorsements of goons that cause me to waste my money on poo poo I don't like.

Which game is your biggest goongret

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a better word than goongret everyone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the engaging and interesting video game plot

a big evil bird stole captain toad + toadette's treasure so they gotta go beat it up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Y/N on Flinthook/Sexy Brutale/Edith Finch/Everybody's Gone to Rapture (I already have this on PS+ but I never got around to it)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can't quit a game in the first dungeon, you'll go to gamer hell

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They could probably make a way more interesting/unique moveset if they had went with pestilence as one of the four horsies so it's kind of a shame

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

what exactly is Ark Survival Evolved/why is it near the top of the EU PS4 sales charts every month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

are you ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only played System Shock 2 for the first time a couple years back and I loved it

i want to marry shodan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macarius Wrench posted:

It does and it doesn't, yesterday i was quite keen to get Horizon finished but it was such a fantastically sunny day that I ended up going for a 14 mile hike.

I see, raising your pokemon with the pokewalker - good thinking

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a message on PS4 from someone today and apparently people paying for platinum trophies is a dumb thing I never knew existed

Why

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was ok

It'd be interesting if there was an Ace Attorney game that played like that (without the shootouts)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think insomniac wanted to go all in on Ratchet & Clank instead (idk if that movie was a success)

But maybe their Spiderman game will be good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Hell yeah. Becoming good at The Last of Us feels amazing, it's like you become a crouch-walking hobo of death.

I went back to it to get the platinum last year, did all the single player stuff but then I went online for the multiplayer trophies and everyone still playing at that point was using DLC shotguns with like the range of a rifle

it made me feel very bad at The Last of Us

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't they say Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in development again again (again)

e: beaten ^

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pyramids rule deserts drool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is anyone buying the game by the original harvest moon guy, it might be cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Tell me more

I haven't really been following it/I remember watching some preview for it a few months ago and thinking it looked neat. It's called Birthdays: The Beginning

I think it's some kind of god/simearth type game. I actually didn't know there was a demo though so I'll go try that later

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can give them meat and they'll be your friend

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played through that 2015 NFS reboot last week and it was ok. The always online thing is funny because everyone just drives around miles apart completely ignoring each other

One of the weird things was when I realised the FMV actors are actually all British + are from good TV shows like Happy Valley and Black Mirror

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Overwatch is the best

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did he ever like a video game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

He likes plenty of games. His shtick is just to accentuate the negative in everything. In general, if he takes any time at all to praise a game, he liked it and his over-the-top criticism is just for entertainment purposes. He really liked Persona 5, for example.

I don't really find him entertaining anymore, but I used to. Even back then I was aware enough to figure he didn't actually hate every game and that I shouldn't take his "reviews" all that seriously, but it's probably pretty likely that a good portion of his audience takes him completely at face value, sort of like those "Everything Wrong With" Cinema Sins movie guys.

Cowcaster posted:

i remember him liking a lot of games? just that it was the redlettermedia problem where even when they really like something they'll still criticize the hell out of it and for some reason most people can't seem to understand how that is possible so their cerebellums fuse and assume that they hate everything

Oh well ok, my bad. I only ever saw like a few of his videos back when he was really popular (i didn't know he was still around)

I liked that one stealth/heist game he made though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really play games on PC but wouldn't a third person shooter be really awkward on keyboard/mouse

nevermind

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 10, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

No. Also, what?

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm not sure why it would be. WASD for moving and mouse for aiming, same as with FPS games.

Yeah ok I guess it probably works fine

I've never played a TPS on PC and there's so much going on in Vanquish (especially in the challenge mode) so it just was a little hard for me to visualise for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's like a meta thing where 47 will have to infiltrate the Square Enix offices to fix the situation

• Locked thread