Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the angry gruff marine commander in vanquish occasionally pops out a flask of whiskey and says "whiskey a-go-go, baby" why is this the greatest game ever made

Platinum is good and at their best when they go all in with incredibly cheesy and over the top poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I managed to get to sleep

I wish I hadn't :( Now I feel even worse than before.

How's everyone doing today

Feeling a bit gassy, myself. Need to stop drinking so much coffee on an empty stomach.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dead Cells looks kinda cool, and gives me some Mega Man X or Castlevania vibes, but early access. Any opinions on it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I really want to get Toukiden 2 on PS4, but i've read a lot of negative things about the gameworld being confusing and boring.

It takes a bit to get your bearings and learn where things are, but the open world part of it really isn't a problem in my opinion. You have fast travel points, a really fast run speed that lets you bypass most fights you don't want to do, and the demon hand is a free grappling hook that removes vertical constraints and lets you slingshot from tree to tree if you want. Missions and ruins exploration (basically just chained big monster fights) launch directly from the village. The story sends you out to places and you are expected to fight things out in the open world to make some areas safer, though.

I think they're going to be setting up some sort of free trial deal for it, though I'm not sure when. It's worth checking out because the weapons are all fun and varied and it streamlines basically all the tedious parts of MH.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

the child robot in va-ll hall-a is as bad as people have said

Actually she is your best friend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snak posted:

Wait, seriously? I'm actually interested in HotS now. My biggest beef with Mobas so far is that their learnjg curve is super steep, and yet each game takes almost an hour, so when you are learning, it's often "well, I was teying my nest but didn't understand how to capitalize on my character's strengths, so now we're gonna lose 40 minutes from now"

I'd put it closer to 20-25 in most cases, though time can vary a good amount depending on the map and quality of the teams.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone with taste knows the correct choice is Baiken.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

The Lego Movie felt like a film made for children with ADHD.

I had the same opinion when I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

whats up lads and lasses

i started a new (day) job today. was told to my face multiple times "you are amazing at this" which i never once heard in years at my old job

:unsmith:

Don't set the standard too high or it just becomes expected. I speak from experience.

• Locked thread