Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

those are the worst disgaeas lmao

I never played D2, but the improvements made for 4 put it definitely above 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I'll go with Disgaea 3, I've gotten through a good chunk of it before. Any tips? Skills I should rush, what monsters are worth using if any, stuff like that please

Fist users are great due to their damage scaling off speed and getting a 3x3 skill in the form of big bang. Thieves are great for late game stuff since their steal chance caps out at 99%. Also, fuse a couple heavy knights since they get the longest throw range and can speed up item world runs significantly. Though most of this is only relevant in the post game, so if you're planning on just doing the story stuff, then you can basically do whatever.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

What do you mean "fuse"

Sorry, wasn't really thinking. I just meant make a couple.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Being too competitive is a big part of MOBA badness, there should be a MOBA focused on pve play so people can enjoy the awful gameplay without as many nutjobs.

Unrelated, how terrible is the competitive Overwatch community?

I mean, every MOBA has a co-op vs AI mode if you really want to play pve, but it becomes apparent pretty quick imo that the fun in those games comes from playing against actual thinking people. And I think when In Training mentioned competing, I assume they meant pro players, not how competitive the gameplay itself is. And I have no idea what the pro scene is like, but it's kind of cool that Blizzard made collegiate e-sports in the form of Heroes of the Dorm.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I've been replaying Mystical Ninja starring Goemon and man, I would loving kill for a new entry in that series on the Switch.

Konami, stop making pachislot games and give me another Goemon!!!!!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

I think that Mystical Ninja doesn't hold up too well, but Great Adventure is still perfect.

I can't believe that niether of them were VC releases. It's the greatest crime Konami has ever committed

Yeah, there's definitely some stuff that dates it, like not being able to control the camera or having to completely stop to change characters. I never got Great Adventure and have been meaning to give it a try, but Mystical Ninja holds up way better than I thought it would, since I haven't played it since I was a small child, and the ideas in it are worth revisiting imo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

On the topic of limp fries, I'm glad that in n out, or at least the one near me, has stepped their game up and are making their fries a little more crisp.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

$6.50 for a cheese burger combo at In and Out. Pretty decent, usually get it once every week or two. I used to like Five Guys a lot but burnt out on it because we had one next to the office and went like 3 times a week. Now I feel like it's all too greasy, including the fries.

We also have Whataburger and P.Terry's in Austin and they're both solid choices over McD's or BK's.

Do you fucks with the animal style? Cause I fucks with the animal style.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Is Dark Souls closer to a sandwich or an anime?

Dark souls is closest to Citizen Kane.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I don't know a thing about it but sincerely please tell me more about it instead of defining rpgs

Well, Farenheit is an rpg because you play the role of a prisoner trapped and forced to listen to David Cage's insane ramblings

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm not very good at fighting games and I haven't gone online yet, but Injustice 2 feels pretty good to play.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who are gonna play Destiny 2 on PC and don't already have Blizzard's launcher installed. I kinda would've expected there to be more overlap between the Destiny 2 audience and the Overwatch audience.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

I have never in my life pre-ordered a video-game and then tonight I pre order 3

(crash bandicoot, wipeout and tekken 7)

Did you already have Yakuza Kiwami preordered? Cause if not, then you hosed up.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Freeing Corn's post.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

The gameplay looks serviceable and it was a dumb idea to have the characters exclaim "Yeah yeah!" every two seconds but the animations are enchanting, I'll watch a few of these before bed I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whyBV4WTlSE

I always crack up at how well this matches up while also being extremely inappropriate.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

precision posted:

wait, in the new Hitman, is there really only one story mission per episode? i know the appeal of the game is that you can do each mission in a stupidly large number of ways, but for those of us that are stupid and don't like wandering around for 2 hours memorizing someone's path and then groundhog day-ing that into some elaborate rube goldberg machine?

not sad i bought it or anything, just legit curious because i thought there was a lot more going on here

e: well, the insane loading times do make me not want to ever try anything cool because as much as i enjoy the game giving me enough time to pack an entire bowl and smoke half of it while i load my save from 30 seconds ago, i can only smoke so much weed

Yeah, there's one story mission per map, but there's also the escalations and all the community made missions if you don't like going through and doing all the challenges for each map.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Thing I have learned from living with my grandparents: Old people just do not even give a single drat about farting literally every minute of the day. They will fart and then laugh and say "WHOOPIE ha ha ha". It's cute, but also can be nauseating when you are say trying to eat breakfast with them

Snak posted:

That's awesome. I want to be that person when I grow up.

I am glad to announce that I have reached this point at the ripe old age of 22 and it is good.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hell Girls has been removed from steam. Rip Huniepop 2.0

A quick Google search turned up the sale page that still seems to work, so I got to inflict it upon my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

You're...a good...friend.....?

I would never want big gaben to decide whether or not my friends are allowed to see the anime tiddies.

• Locked thread