Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I play one game at a time. But I sometimes play some overwatch/rocket league Whilst going through that game. And I keep buying games. I still have some sealed games I bought in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've now stopped buying games unless I want to start playing them immediately, even if it's a really good deal... I just have too many goddamn games in my backlog at this point and what appears to be diminishing time to play them.

Still playing Persona 4- did they kinda rebalance any of the bosses in P4G? Teddie's shadow was an HP sponge that, while not actually too difficult, took forever to go down.

I should start doing this too. Bonus is that is saves some money.
The thought of If I don't buy it now while it's on sale. It'll cost me more later has been really bad for me.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I've been wondering, Has there been a game where midway, or at the end a party member betrays you and takes all the equipment they had equiped with them?
It would be a dickmove, but surely a developer has done this?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Time to check those games out

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Makai Kingdom is my favorite NIS game.
Really hope for a remaster/ remake of it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
If it's like Disgaea 5 on the PS4. The DLC characters completely break the game.
If you do want to get it on PS4. The season pass has gone on sale a few times. And as far as I know, the season pass includes all DLC.
I think the portability of the Switch would be great for a game like Disgaea 5 though.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Awesome. Would you mind if I made this my avatar?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

Go for it. Love the av.

Thank you!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Inside is a short game right?
I'm intrigued and want to witness this twist. but Persona 5 has me completely hooked at the moment

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That's perfect.

Edit: Can't believe I actually want shorter games now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Don't get me wrong. I also like long games. Persona 5 has me completely hooked and I hope it never ends. It's really good. But I prefer shorter games now so that I can finish them in a week or 2.
The problem is that I just keep buying games really.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

I agree, Even though I clocked in 180 hours. The story should have gone on just a bit longer.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Don't think I ever regretted a game purchase even those that I haven't played yet.

Edit: nvm. Just remembered that I bought AC Unity on launch.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nier Automata Is really good imo. Looking forward to playing through the DLC. But 1st finishing up Persona 5.

What I wouldn't give to have a week off and just play Persona 5.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Is that how the guy with 1200 platinums makes a living?
I don't know any job that would give you that amount of free time to get 1200 platinums.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That feeling when work is hosting a game tournament for a game you don't really like and don't play.
But you end up winning all your matches that day anyway. :smith:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

suuma posted:

What game is it

When I was in high school we spent many a class period playing Quake 3.

Thems were the days.

Gigantic.
A moba. Game is fine and all but I'm not too big on moba's. I don't play dota or league or any moba really. Is overwatch a moba?

Now next month when the Tekken 7 tournament starts is where i'm going to shine.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Ah cool. I thought so.
Company is fine with playing games during work time. Even encourages it.

Every day i'm tempted to open the ports for PS4 Remote play and install FF14 on my work PC
I know I wouldn't get any work done if I did that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I love playing Blazblue CSE at work. Is there a portable fighting game that works like that? I love that doing anything gives you points you can use at the shop.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I still remember buying FFX, opening the case and being disappointed that it had only 1 disc. I thought It was going to be a short game.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
When are we getting Oddworld Abe's Exodus?

Feel like that that has been teased for a while now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Tomba is legitimately amazing.

I need another game like that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Good to know.
Will probably play diablo 3 again after finishing persona 5. Is it fun solo? My friend who plays diablo 3 is super far into it and whenever we play he just kills everything and all i do is follow him.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to believe that shovel knight was the exception regarding kickstarters for videogames

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Haven't played the PS2 Berserk game. But the gameplay in the musou Berserk game was imo the best part.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

glam rock hamhock posted:

Kickstarted games also include FTL, Hyper Light Drifter, Kentucky Route Zero, Shantae, Superhot, the new Torment, Shadowrun, Lisa, Pillars of Eternity, Darkest Dungeons, Sportsfriends, Freedom Planet, Risk of Rain, The Fall, Octodad, Some of the best pinball tables ever for Pinball Arcade, Valdis Story, Volgarr The Viking, Divinity, Divekick, Hollow Knight and probably others.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the ratio of good to bad Kickstarter games is skewed heavily towards the mediocre to terrible but when people act like Shovel Knight is only good thing to come out of Kickstarter, I find it a bit disingenuous.

I stand corrected.
I had no idea some of those games were kickstarters. I was wrong. Don't like all of them but FTL is fun as gently caress.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Help Im Alive posted:

I hate when you realise you've accidentally gone down the correct path so you have to backtrack

Biggest gently caress you to this was FF12's No ultimate weapon for you if you opened any of these 4 chests gimmick.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Stuff like that validated people waiting for a revision of a fighting game

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
the PSP also made sure that Sony atleast will never allow you to do that again.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

an actual dog posted:

It's not that complicated! Just keep playing.

And have fun!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished persona 5, now to find something that will tide me over until tekken 7 comes.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm currently trying to go through some short games that I've had sitting around on my hard drive forever so I can beat them and delete them. I'm always running out of space and I have a million indies I've played for five minutes at most.

I should do this. but not for space but to just clear my backlog a little bit.

Edit: unrelated, but just got around to watching hero academia season 2. Loving your avatar

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
That's awesome. I didn't know such a website existed. I am going to use that.
So unbelievably handy

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I made the mistake of starting my hero academia season 2. Should have waited until it was finished so I could binge it. Can't believe how fast it hooked me. Season 1 needed a few episodes for that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Please don't watch the one piece anime. It was really good until they started to slow the pacing down to a screeching halt.

The White Dragon posted:

shokugeki no souma hooked me hard and now i'm waiting for season 3

Now I have to check that out. Thought it was a dumb show about food.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

FauxLeather posted:

2, 3, Origins and Legends are genuinely fantastic games. I think you can safely ignore the rest.
Ubisoft is more than capable of making fun, creative platformers that are gorgeous to look at and listen to. It's a shame they so rarely do them.

How can you leave out Rayman 1!?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

FauxLeather posted:

I personally don't like it much in a "too difficult for its own good" way. It's not a bad platformer, but it makes me miserable to play, so I can't recommend it in good conscience.

I still really like it. I may have stockholm syndrome though as I somehow managed to get to the cake world when I was a kid. the difficulty ramps up at band world and peaks at art world imo. But I believe the game has aged incredibly well. especially for a ps1 game.
the colorful graphics and soundtrack are amazing.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm getting monster hunter fatigue.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I can play monster hunter games fine on the big screen. I loved Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That validated my Wii U purchase. It's the last game I managed to stay awake whole nights playing it.
I love to sit back with a controller in hand playing these games. To me MH has stopped working as a portable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

I wish the combat in TW3 was even half as competent as in MH

There's just something so satisfying about landing that Great Sword triple charge attack

• Locked thread