Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

exquisite tea posted:

I hope the Surge is good. The early impressions videos I've seen are generally pretty positive about it.

Looks cool, but I suck at soul games. So this month will just be prey and backlog for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I haven't got to dishonored 2 also. What has been holding me back is that although I enjoyed the first one, but being forced to go non-lethal/full stealth in order to get one specific ending really put me off.

2 is good, you can play more aggressively now and as long as your decent you will get by fine. my issue is the game is pretty short and kinda spins its wheels story wise, also this is my personal opinion, but it ruins alot of the mystery from the 1st. like you had to put stuff together in one and read extra stuff and scour for tidbits. in 2 they just exposition it. like they explain the outsider and the heart and other stuff. its not bad but i liked piecing stuff together and making theories.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

I'm really looking forward to Prey and my only gripe with it is that those shadow enemies could become tiring on longer stretches. I'd rather have regular humans possesed by them and the actual shadows only be present in special sections or something but we'll have to see how the full version ends up being.

they have that too. their is this special type that controls living people and you can decide how to handle it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

haveblue posted:

If that takes the form of a pair of murder/rescue buttons, then "bioshock in space" really is the most accurate way to describe it

no its not a little sister thing. its more like they are enimeies in the level and you can either kill them/evade them/maybe incapasitate or you kill the node monster and they are free.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I might pick it up in a sale at some point. Prey on the other hand, I wasn't really paying much attention to it but after the disappointment that was ME:A, I feel like I need some good sci-fi in my life right now.

yeah its ok and its fun as heck at times. but its not the greatest. but yeah i need some good sci-fi right now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Thief 4 is one of those games where you hear the complaints about it and think "oh this must just be fans bitching because they changed their beloved series" but then you play it and realize no, it's actually just bad.

pretty much. i have never been much of thief fan in general, but i picked the new one up for cheaps. i never finished it. it was boring and not fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

whats this game?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GUI posted:

It's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 which seems to be full of parts where the main character says his best tough guy non-sequiturs.

lol. so how bad is it gameplay wise. i heard you can kinda play it far cry style now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so i have been playing Bioshock collection and 1 seems to have some game breaking glitchs. so if you go to psn home while you playing bioshock 1, the game will hard freeze and be render unplayable. i thought it my just be a online only copy issue but apperently its hard copy as well. hosed up thing is infinite works just fine. anyone else have this issue?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Golden Week Sale on PSN is pretty solid. Lots of recent JRPG and anime games at 30% off, including Nier:A and Tales of Berseria.

cool, how is berseria? i have heard great things but i just got a bunch of new games so i am not sure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Berseria's fun but very long. I lost steam shortly after I found out the traditional Tales of/Star Ocean battle arena wasn't present. The battle system was good for both button mashing and calculated play, but it's too long to squeeze in if you've just put another game on your plate.

yeah, i just got neir: automata and persona 5 with prey coming on friday. so ill just wait.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mutata posted:

Wow, so that era of Valve is well and truly dead. It ended years ago, but this was the last confirmation that it's permanent that I needed.

its sad. i loved the half life series, that sad thing is 3 would never have lived up to the hype. i mean it could have been 2016 DOOM but probaly not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GUI posted:

I thought Prey 2017 ran on CryEngine while Dishonored 2 ran on a modified version of idtech5.

yeah. your right.

also. new rumor info for new assassins creed.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/05/06/report-assassins-creed-origins-is-empire/

if true it looks interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think there's an SS1 remaster coming out at some point, isn't there

yeah it made a ton of money on kickstarter and is coming to consoles and pc in 2018. it put some money in so i get a copy.

• Locked thread