Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Thief 4 is one of those games where you hear the complaints about it and think "oh this must just be fans bitching because they changed their beloved series" but then you play it and realize no, it's actually just bad.
I think the cases of that actually happening are very few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
MOBAs feel like you're playing the twitch aspects of RTS's, which is the worst part of any RTS. Like you're playing it as an action game, clicking around to dodge poo poo.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pokémon RBY

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

The Darksiders 3 gameplay looks like straight up garbage. Somehow they decided it would be a good idea to take a series known for ludicrously hefty weapons and make the main character use a wimpy little whip.

Like I guess whips can be interesting weapons but you really need to emphasize the *SNAP* and make it look like it loving hurts and the Darksiders whip just looks like it's gently brushing the enemies.
That doesn't sound like gameplay you're describing.

War is not the kind of character design you want to replicate.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Do they have any good compilations out/planned for PS4? I only know the Uncharted one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
All the Bungie Halos did really well critically and sold a ton of copies. Halo 4 still did really well.

I miss when Microsoft tried, even when it ended in failure.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Ubisoft's entire shtick is making easily identifiable, accessible games that millions of people will play. We don't have to live in continual amazement that their games are very middle of the road and formulaic because that is their entire goal.
It was cool that they funded the 2 recent Raymans despite them selling like 20 total copies.

I really liked Sands of Time, and at least some of Splinter Cell. The mass market loving sucks.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

What if they want to play a good fighting game.
Are you freaking kidding me

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Who is in charge of Capcom decision making and can reasonably explain the thought process behind $40 Ultra Street Fighter 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

The Switch doesn't have many games and right now publishers are taking advantage of the fact that people will mindlessly buy something to try and justify their purchase. It's the same reason that Binding of Isaac was $40.

Plus the cards are more expensive to make than CDs putting Nintendo back in the situation they were in with the N64 (though that doesn't explain digital prices being jacked up).
It's a 23 year old game that's been released a dozen times before except with 2 palette swap characters and a really broken 3D mode that no one asked for. They didn't even have this for launch which makes it even more bizarre.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I feel Capcom could have maybe gotten away with this if they hadn't already released the game with HD graphics for $10 like five years ago. Like if the new, honestly not great, visual were at least this new thing they could sort of claim they made a new edition of the game thus $40 but NOPE, they can't even do that.
HDR was released in 2008, so it's just about 9 years old.

• Locked thread