Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean it's a pretty popular game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can take a pair of sunglasses and make them as giant as the character and sling it on their back.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

precision posted:

Is Tales of Berseria the new "best Tales game"? For reference the last one I really loved was Xillia, but I haven't played Zestiria

Yes and it's good that you didn't play Zestiria.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

I should have probably said that my girlfriend will only be down for about a week in my previous post. Is Tales of Berseria still a good choice or should I go with something shorter like OoT?

I spent like 100 hours on that game and most people take 80 or so to get to the end... so probably not.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Is anyone buying the game by the original harvest moon guy, it might be cool

I tried playing the JP demo when it popped up and failed miserably since it seems to be an Aquanauts Holiday sort of game and you need to be able to read the language.

Though it has an English demo up with the game's release so I'm going to try it, but it's also strangely on sale on PSN for 25% off which doesn't seem to bode well?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's the dang Harvest Moon guy game called

Birthdays the Beginning, it's not really anything like Harvest Moon though unless you're thinking of farming dinosaurs?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Megaman Universe always looked like poo poo and it was good they cancelled it.

The mistake was putting the Megaman and Megaman X remakes on PSP, the former of which already had a level builder (or at least not porting them elsewhere).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They will never port Vesperia, because they'd either have to do new work to accommodate the PS3 stuff or get a ton of complaints for just re-releasing the 360 version.

Actually scratch that, Symphonia on PC exists as a franken-port.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It's going to probably hit 10 million sales by the end of the year, which is what it needed to break even lol.

FFXV made back the cost of development on day 1.

I think it's more surprising to me that I've been hearing insanely positive things about Hitman for more than a drat year and now apparently it didn't actually sell that well?

Wonder if they're reconsidering making FFVII episodic now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

good luck, skeleton

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

X is weird because you should never do the sidequests ever as all those minigames and poo poo are the worst in the series. I've noticed the people that tried to engage them in any capacity have a real distaste for that game but I still think X is pretty fantastic because I just said "gently caress that" anytime something like that popped up. Also means you can't just steamroll everything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nintendo is one of the few companies that will actually announce a game a few months before release anymore.

That said they made an E3 that was basically just Breath of the Wild all plateau all the time interesting so who the hell knows.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

What? As far as I know nobody changed their mind on RE7. It just was a game that was finished and people moved on to other stuff.

Also five games came out the same day and some people are still getting around to them (Yakuza 0 is great).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

is birthdays origins or whatever good. it looks like viva pinata a little. i just want viva pinata

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It also reminds me of Viva Pinata and I also want to know if it's good. Someone find out if it's good.

Good news, there's a demo.

I would have tried it by now but I had been playing Yakuza 0 and just finished it tonight. There's nearly an hour of cutscenes after the last boss, drat.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Where? I only see the game, soundtrack, artbook and a couple tiny free DLC.

Right underneath the add to cart button on PSN? At least the US PSN.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fuckin' consoles <:mad:>

Oh huh, literally thought it was PS4 only until now

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This is probably exciting for rhythm game fans, maybe?

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/12/gitaroo-man-parappa-rapper-developers-team-announce-project-rap-rabbit/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Other neat thing that I saw this morning, a Furi physical edition.

And a not so neat thing in that Alan Wake is being delisted on the 15th due to expiring music licenses.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

Anyone remember the weird pseudo-roguelike mode in Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring? I bought that game because it was a fighting game with FF characters but played the hell out of the weird tower dungeon crawl mode that I didn't expect to be there.

hell yeah

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tobal was the game I got for free with my expensive FFVII demo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I still think it's hilarious that Cloud is in Smash Brothers but not in Playstation All Stars.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've had the JRPG 'itch' for a good long while now, and I keep reading nothing but good things about Berseria. Will I miss out on anything if I just slap it in easy mode? I basically want the experience but none of the challenge.

Nah, play how you want.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

easy mode is really easy

Yeah it even disables elemental affinities, but it shouldn't cut off any content.

The game is also fairly easy in general.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Might give it a try on normal then. I just don't want to have to min-max or go into every single sidequest because otherwise I'd get destroyed by everything.

Nah, most of the sidequests are backloaded anyway. Just keep in mind that the code red enemies unlock mechanics so if you want to just get it over with and lower it to simple you can (they're not necessarily major mechanics and a lot of them involve crafting, a thing you can mostly ignore).

Also you get more EXP the lower the difficulty.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mimic!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

that was samurai legend musashi. brave fencer musashi was the one with bincho points and you had a special attack where you double jump and dive at the enemy, and the game plays this weird crow sfx
:goonsay:

Also everyone is named after foods and drinks, which 11 year old me somehow didn't notice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wakka is fine not competing because it means he can waste his days on an island and not have to ever deal with the filthy al-bhed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

how can games be real if the characters aren't real

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Taking lots of screenshots of your games is a cool idea that I wish I did but i'm too lazy

They patched it on on PS4 a year or two back to automatically take a screenshot when you get a trophy so I have hundreds of photos of blank/loading screens since that's when they pop half the time

I dunno when they patched it or if it was just always there, but you can set it to automatically take a screenshot on pressing the share button and then make it so you have to hold the button to get the menu to come up like normal.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Are there ever going to be any side quests in this one? I'm playing it right now and am enjoying it a ton, but it seems weird that I've been at it for 20+ hours and it's been more linear and with less side content than even Zestiria was. It's not necessarily a bad thing I'm just curious

They're almost all backloaded kinda like Chrono Trigger, don't worry too much about it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

raditts posted:

Was there ever a port of Tales of Destiny 2, whether official or with a translation patch?
The real one on PS2 I mean, not the PS1 one that was actually Tales of Eternia that they relabeled on the US release for some reason.
Destiny was the first Tales game I played so I still have a soft spot for it, clunky as it is.

Nope.

The farthest a fan translation got was translating the menus, iirc.

I remember there being a summary of it on GameFAQs (though it was written by somebody where English was not their first language so it's kinda hard to parse at times).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Obsidian presents Sonic The Dark Brotherhood 2

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wow they found an announcement that was worse than it just being a mobile game, kudos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I started playing Chrono Cross again and I still really like it, what's wrong with me?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

poo poo is there anything otc for that

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

play Xenosaga 2 and you'll hate games forever

i am immune, too bad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm sad that I'm good at RPGs now, keep coming across bosses that I remember being assholes and steamrolling them.

SonOfAGun is still real goofy, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Xenosaga II is a game I distinctly remember, in the height of my thinking that RPGs needed to be super long, where I thought I was going into the final dungeon after 15 hours, only to beat it after 30, and then go "that game was maybe 20 hours too long."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Square got some mileage out of whatever island vacation they took around that time, with Chrono Cross, FFX, and the first world of Kingdom Hearts.

Kewpuh posted:

boss we made this rpg with an alright battle system but the plot is some goddamn nonsense what the gently caress do we do????

here do this, add in ozzie flea and slash as alternate characters for the witch, make kid the daughter of lucca, and uhhhh i dunno show the ghosts of characters from chrono trigger in a mall and we should be good to go

you got it thanks boss

It's what happens when you base the sequel off a Satellaview only visual novel sequel to an SNES RPG.

• Locked thread