Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Might've messed with combat idk, but generally I think running should've drained stamina a half or even a third as fast. Even with a fully upgraded guage it doesn't feel like a lot even though it's enough to scale mountains with ease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Terper posted:

Off to a good start.

Trails is good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

this

it has some of the worst art, music, and SFX ever to be featured in a notable videogame but got decent reviews for some ungodly reason. it's not online anymore but 1up somehow gave it a loving 10

e: hell eurogamer gave it a 7 which is still ridiculous

Motto fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 15, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

If I recall correctly, the chest messages weren't in the Japanese version. The localization is just that good

They're purely an invention of the loc team having fun with a programming quirk

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah valve's done plenty of stuff outside of just bring a storefront that sucks hard

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a bit odd to try to rebut an article that includes stuff like

quote:

Former Valve employees have come out to slam the internal culture as being a high-school like mix of cliques and backstabbing, with another engineer saying it was "the worst experience of my life" and with desk setups similar to a "panopticon prison". Valve was even slapped with a court case after one transgender employee alleged that her supervisor constantly referred to her as “it.”

with "but my switch saves".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*Games voice* yes you're hosed in the head for having preferences in the kinds of games you like

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I wouldn't call Risky's Revenge terrible but there's not any reason to play it over the later two games. Its status as the scraps of a canned episodic series shows and it manages to fit some pretty transparent padding into its short runtime.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Red Bones posted:

Yeah if someone self - identifies as a gamer you've then gotta figure out if they have a burning hatred of feminism because there's a real demographic overlap there that I don't think applies nearly as much for board game fans.

Depends on what kind of board gaming I guess but I've heard some bad stories about tabletop stores.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I straight up think Pewdiepie would be a nobody if his looks were below average.

Aren't most of his videos just ~wacky~ commentary over videogames?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://sourcegaming.info/2017/04/19/kirbys-development-secrets/#more-14894

quote:

Sakurai revealed a development story. At the time, the development tool that HAL Laboratory was using was the Twin Famicom, a console that combined the Famicom and the Famicom Disk System. A trackball made specifically for the Twin Famicom was used with the machine, which read and wrote data to a floppy disk and uploaded data to the floppy disks [during development].

Essentially, they were using a Famicom to make Famicom games. Sakurai told the crowd, “It’s like using a lunchbox to make lunch”. 
Their development tools didn’t even have keyboard support, meaning values had to be input using a trackball and an on-screen keyboard. By modern standards, it’s unthinkable, and nobody would ever do it, but at the time, Sakurai was a 20-year-old rookie, so he just thought that was the way it was done. 

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Funfact: the artist of the OPM manga, Murata, designed Dust Man and Crystal Man as a kid. There's a little comic about it in the MM complete works artbook.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

all the biggest developers jumping on the vr train

https://twitter.com/AnimeVoice/status/867397530417483781

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

this "finally I can just kill all the white people" take is beyond embarrassing so I hope this turns out to just be weirdos in a cult and that's it, much like Resident Evil 7

It's montana so yes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

KingSlime posted:

given that it's a fairly faithful remake of an NES game, that sounds right on the mark

I'm not that far in but I was jonesing for a normal fire emblem so this is neat

I'm real sick of the time travel/waifu/pandering garbage that the series has become. gently caress anime for real, for every cool thing it does, it does 10 weird or lovely things that starkly remind me "oh you are not the target audience for this, friendo"

People always describe their favorite animes with compliments such as "it doesn't take itself too seriously" but my hot take is that storytelling that takes itself seriously is cool and good, and actually requires skill to pull off. That's why we all made ironic art/song lyrics/comics/whatever as kids or young adults, being "funny" and ironic is a nice podium you can stand behind and hide your insecurities in.

Wow this post got away from me. In conclusion someone point me to good animes that take themselves seriously and aren't 10000 episodes long

Also lol @ the "why do games have to be political maaan" whenever a developer dares target mainstream white American culture. Try stepping out of of your own head every now and then geeze

heybot

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh romance stuff in games is usually implemented in such minor/lazy ways that I don't get people getting pissy or obsessive about it. In p5 it changes a few lines of dialogue and a few interchangeable scenes and that's it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

*hitting thread bars with nightstick*

Stop talking about anime in there!

crying about what people are talking about carries even less weight when you aren't the OP

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

i'm sorry i joked about dating futaba, thread, she just told me how old she is last night and :yikes:

if this is persona she's only a year younger than the protagonist. It's weird for other reasons but atlus evidently didn't care about those

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/867816237384040448

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dang, I remember roblox as that thing with an inexplicably large number of YouTube videos as s kid

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't help but see FFVII's episodic deal as setting themselves up for development stalling out again whenever they finally get a part out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

akechi why do you think you are my friend

He's a pleasant boy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

good stuff imo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/hurtdeer/status/868503767515267073

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently that stuff was done as a joke or something by other staff which I'm not sure is more or less hosed (it's still really hosed)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blockbusters are basically children's cartoons these days between the IPs and production

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's better to trick parents into bringing kids to incredibly violent films like in the 80s

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

not trying to do a callout and I'm def taking a jokey thing too seriously, but I've always found "westaboo" to be funny since it's usually equating "is aware of internationally popular media" with "obsessed with dying industry that mostly targets shut-ins"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Videogames aren't a dying industry

i meant anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Congrats

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DD's romance system sounds like something taro or suda would make as a gag

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Second son is fun but v light on side stuff and what's there kinda sucks

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Video was very good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh I'm kinda surprised they didn't do the theme park thing back in the 80s or 90s on some scale

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Burnt-Out Smash Pros Are Talking About Unionizing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Talking over gameplay is most of his videos

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

aren't all the pits in gens telegraphed by giant floating signs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tap my mountain posted:

Surely gamers won't fall for such an obvious scam twice

SFV got pretty lukewarm reception all things considered already (granted that means "only" selling a few mil)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And it's mostly a threat in early/midgame since once you start maxing party links, especially after palace 4, it's nigh-impossible to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I look forward to his inevitable star wars video

• Locked thread