Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lisa Simpson was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bioshock Infinite was so bad that I started to question if I even liked videogames anymore.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Good news tho: videogames still own.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

My biggest gamegret is DX: Human Revolution. What a weirdly unsatisfying game.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

Oh yeah it's not a full solution, but P4G did implement some changes to this. On Normal and I think Hard you restart a floor when you get a game over, Easy lets you restart whatever fight you died in, and I think only Very Hard forces you to reload your last save.

SMT4 Apocalypse solves this with just straight up no consequences for failure, you spawn right before whatever battle you died in. It owns.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I haven't seen a "persona isn't actually anime" discussion in the wild before but good job everyone.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It takes nuclear throne level hype to get me to buy a roguelike anymore.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I really enjoyed the first part of SMT4 lol. they're probably not gonna pull anything like that again though.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant bomb says that prey 2017 will delete prey 2006 if purchased on steam and 2006 is not available to redownload if it happens to you

lmbo, and rip

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DOOM is on steam as Ultimate DOOM so it wouldn't run into this problem.

What's happening is that Prey (2017) is using the folder "Prey", which is the same folder Prey (2006) used back when it was available on Steam. You can't buy 2006 on Steam anymore and no one thought to check. Brutal.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

What happened to Halo? It used to be a superhuge series but now nobody cares about Halo.

they kept making the games and get this: they sell a lot of copies.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

now all sega has to do is start putting the Yakuza games on PC so everyone can enjoy them forever

I was hoping for this and also persona 5, but I think sony money is involved with both of em.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

precision posted:

Just because you link clickbait doesn't mean you have to be as disingenuous about it. All it says is that they haven't started on the next ME game yet. The MP is still being supported (today there was a massive balance patch for it) so it's not "on hiatus".

How is that disingenuous? Usually at this point they would already be working on the next game yet all signs point to it not being in the works, which is news. The statement from EA basically confirms this.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Author should've chosen the pen name either Draw Four or Wild Card and I am disappointed they did not.

idk, SIDD WRIGHT kinda owns

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

It wasn't too difficult in the original FFX to effectively automate your own Blitzball team, either. To get Wakka's ultimate weapon you had to do something absurd like win 3 seasons in a row and I did it because I had no life when I was 17.

blitzball is life

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this game changed my life

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That cool Rap Rabbit thing that was announced? it's a kickstarter.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you play as a rapping rabbit bringing neoliberalism to japan

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the mechanics sound good but I'd rather rap argue about food or boardgames or anything else

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

raditts posted:

I'm looking at the page and having trouble finding anything that could remotely be described as "cool" here.

There was a cool looking teaser that I got unwisely excited about and I've now crashed down to earth.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm still thinking about Rap Rabbit and how much it sucks

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Does Digital Devil Saga count as an episodic RPG because if it does it's the best.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

chained to the vaporwave

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Red Bones posted:

In that longass polygon article on the history of FF7 there's a bit where he stops Tetsuo Nomura in a corridor to show off his brand new jacket with a big Sony logo on it, which was how Nomura found out that Square had ditched Nintendo to work with Sony.

savage

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Ant idea how long The Swapper is? It feels like a 5 hour Limbo type thing but there sure are a lot of these orbs apparently???

Unlike limbo the puzzles are actually good, and you don't have to solve every one of them. It's not super long if you just play it straight through but you can go back and solve the puzzles you miss.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love videogames

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Red Bones posted:

I don't know jack about computers, but is there a reason why Valve even needs to operate Steam as a client vs as an online store, when GOG doesn't require a client at all? Is it the download management and autoupdating stuff?

because this way they can serve you ads

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I buy major label games off of humble store cause I get 10% off as a monthly subscriber, and indie stuff from itch.io because itch.io owns. Usually better prices and it all comes as steam keys anyway.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

It's a music rights issue, Why they don't just take out the licensed track instead of memory hole-ing the entire game? :iiam:

because this way they get a bunch of free advertising and sold a bunch of copies to folks thinking it was their last chance

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

precision posted:

man it really is, i hope that 2D pikmin game ends up being dece

it won't :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Origin is fine

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Massive Destiny 2 reveal is today. The first gameplay will be shown and major features will be talked about.

That swooshing sound you hear is the reveal of a giant vacuum of nothingness sucking in air.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's not that complicated! Just keep playing.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

KingSlime posted:

I think diving into SMTIV might also be my way of preparing for that upcoming 3ds strange journey remake, that game always intrigued the poo poo out of me but I never got around to actually playing it for more than a few minutes.

SMTIV owns and SMTIV Apocalypse owns even more, make sure to check it out.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange, a game that takes 15 hours to complete and was finished almost two years ago, still has more concurrent players on Steam than Battleborn.

the numbers are probably inflated right now because of the sequel announcement but still, lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm a gamer... and I vote!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Folks were complaining about how Risk Legacy was only designed to be played 15 times but then I realized there's very few board games I've played more than 15 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lol wait, there's a lore reason why Scooby Doo can talk?

• Locked thread