Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hi everyone i'm back from my trip and E3 is already 6 weeks away so I'm gonna get the E3 thread ready for.. monday i guess??

apparently there might even be stuff on the weekend this year. i guess they want to stretch this laffy taffy as thin as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh no is the E3 PC Gaming Summit Conference Whatever back again this year? Has anything ever really been announced there?
it probably is because AMD is trying to stay relevant

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i had burger burger at the mall of america and it was pretty good and then i found out it was exclusive to the mall :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snak posted:

five guys has about the soggiest fries of anywhere, though...

edit: There are 3 five guys in my town. I think. Maybe just two.
from my experience mcdonalds has the moistest fries, they may as well be delivered in a small bucket

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't even have a 5G anymore, it's mcdonalds, a burger king 10 minutes away, and then restaurants. SUBURBIA

there's a red robin that's like 20+ minutes away and that's too far away to get a burger imo

e: there's also a wendys but its like. i mean i've had MCD/BK/W's and that poo poo aint burgers. it's fuckin not. i had a Bacon King from BK on my bus ride home because my eating options were limited to the bus rest stop, and that poo poo was not a fuckin burger. it looked like one but it was not one

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 6, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dont get me wrong, doin your own grill is good too but sometimes i just want that professional burger experience and in suburbia that's like dark souls. the dark souls of finding a good burger

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Five Guys is OK but both the price and the wait is in an awkward place where it's not quite fast food and it's not quite a proper sit-down dining establishment so it always feels disappointing to me. Like if you get a complete meal of a regular-sized burger, fries, and drink it's gonna be about $15, where I live that's more than some entrees at any of the decent local restaurants.
where the heck are you that it costs that much, when i had one it was like under $10 for all that

I will say that like. the prices at fast food places are getting crazy. at the rest stop BK the bacon king was like $6.75 for just the sandwich. that poo poo aint even real meat. loving crazy margins

we won't be able to use a burger as the price equivalent to a cheap Steam sale deal anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Name most chains and they're probably not in new jersey. it's a fun game, for people who dont live in new jersey

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A Sonic appeared in our area for 2 months and then they went out of business and left. that's my Sonic story

did not even exist long enough for the Sonic Cycle to begin

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

honestly I want good fries as much as i want a good burger. chickies and petes in the NJ/Philly area has really good crab fries. but that's not something you can just do on the regular unless you want to die in 5 years

also our donuts are limited to a bunch of dunkin' donuts and dunkin donuts is not very good i'm sorry. i'm sorry, i'm sorry. they're not good. they're all around me and it's not a good donut place. ITS NOT

anyway games. i started on Slime-san and i'm playing Trails of Cold Steel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

psychoJ posted:

Cold Steel is really drat good, but the plot doesn't really get going until the very last stretch. Still fun tho!
that's true of Trails in the Sky too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

trying to put together a list of games that will be at E3 for the thread on monday and it's like, wow there's not a whole lot.

Ace Combat 7
Battlefront II
Call of Duty WWII
Cyberpunk 2077 (maybe this year finally)
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Destiny 2
Detroit: Become Human
Dragon Quest XI
Dreams
Ever Oasis
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
God of War dad edition
Kingdom Hearts III (nah it's never coming out)
Mario Odyssey
Metal Gear Survive
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Project Rap Rabbit
Quake Champions
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sea of Thieves
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
The Last of Us 2
Vampyr

And there's some garbage in there, I mean. No one gives a gently caress about David Cage anymore. Quake champions is gonna suck. metal gear survive is just some bullshit with metal gear tacked on

Naturally new games get announced, but usually not with a 6 month lead in to release (except in Nintendo's case). Whatever newly gets announced is likely for 2018.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ubisoft hasn't said whether they'll be at E3 yet and they're in the midst of a takeover so I dunno what's going on there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harrow posted:

God drat, E3's here already? I clearly haven't been paying attention.

I look forward to the only good part of E3: the Easy Allies guys getting way too excited about game reveals
its the road to e3 thread, e3 itself is still 6 weeks out although ive learned having done this for a few years now that six weeks passes by pretty loving quickly when it comes to E3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snak posted:

...doesn't Nintendo usually just announce remakes and ports of games people have already played?
I mean like. Splatoon was a new recent IP and so is ARMS and so is Snipperclips and so is Ever Oasis. They're doin their best trying to juggle all the IPs they have and also come up with new ideas.

E3 is usually not what people look to for new IPs though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Raserys posted:

Ever Oasis wasn't developed by Nintendo, was it?
It's a 2nd-party title by Grezzo who primarily has worked on Zelda ports for Nintendo and they helped make Tri-Force Heroes

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 6, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fanart makes ok money if you go to cons and sell it, and if you can sell it online while managing to hover out of the copyright lawyer radar

i don't do it personally but i don't get mad at it anymore. TV productions now will hire artists based on just seeing their work on social media and the stuff that goes the most viral is fanart. so fanart has literally resulted in job opportunities (CH Greenblatt talked about this once when they hired for Harvey Beaks)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 7, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

with public domain works any new addition is canon if you want it to be

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

yea, or alternately the overlap on the venn diagram of "people who are young and excited enough about gaming to want to be early VR adopters" and "people who have a home with enough extra space in it to devote it to gaming" is shrinking because nobody under 40 has any loving money and the people who do live in expensive apartments

maybe that's what you were saying actually idk
i tried out htc vive at a windows store and was like "yep this sure is a bunch of Wii minigames but now its VR"

literally there's a Carnival Games VR on Steam now. VR so far is everything that was bad about the Wii but without any of the good good Nintendo games

that probably hasn't helped maintain excitement

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/861596714221916161

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's Vanquish

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the e3 thread will be ready to go as soon as ubisoft and nintendo say when they're doing their thing which i'm assuming will be sometime this week

three of the conferences are on the weekend this year and for some reason the really boring PC Gaming Show is going to be at noon rather than late at night where it belongs as a sleep aid

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

skies of arcadia next please

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/technology/personaltech/video-game-raised-148-million-from-fans-now-its-raising-issues.html

star citizen in the new york times. It stinks!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

road to e3 thread is up. the art of hte donut

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820122

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've beaten the first three wild arms games and all three have a loving crazy story but somehow WA2 with all its translation problems is the least crazy of the three

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also trails of cold steel might be up there with xenosaga 2 for "world's longest stretches of non-skippable cutscenes"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXhqQBpsbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7hUfxzW40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7K3MgImic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i havent played a lot of 2017 games. breath of the wild, alwas awakening, hopiko, dead cells, slime-san, that's it so far

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

OHHHHHHhhhh gently caress

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/863948426626572289

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alpha protocol 2 would go down so loving smooth right now

they wouldn't have to do a boring middle east introduction either just get right into the spy stuff

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the world needs the Elite Beat Agents again

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

poo poo is there anything otc for that
play Xenosaga 2 and you'll hate games forever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

xenosaga 2 is worse than most jrpgs so that seems like a bit of an overreaction
no, i was the same way but not 13 years, just until Persona 3 FES came out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

penny arcade on the precipice of darkness episode 5: monkey cheeze

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've decided that rap rabbit is going to own regardless of its bad KS pitch because its a music game by the Gitaroo Man/Elite Beat Agents guy, the Parappa guy, and the Elite Beat Agents artist

good luck to the crew

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxVPE5BcVA

http://i.imgur.com/emkMyUU.gifv

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

breath of the mild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRp5_TvU3oI