Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

But goons tell me that Ubisoft has spent years on the verge of bankruptcy and is totally going to get bought out by Vivendi any day now for realsies?
their getting acquired via hostile takeover has nothing to do with their games selling well or badly, it's something Viviendi has been in the process of doing, getting more and more of the share of the company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GOG is alright but their client still sucks

it's apparently very hard to make a simple game-launching client for your client that just fuckin works

itch.io's maybe comes the closest but it is a bit of a resource hoarder because the store allows any game to show an animated gif for its icon/logo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the spec work thing about the workshop is 100% true but i was banging that drum long before this JOHNNY POST LATELY got his little polygon article!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i made the mistake of clicking a john walker article and read the phrase "exploration-puzzle-me-do"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're not a monopoly just because other people suck at it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i do not enjoy uplay at all and i wish all clients had compact modes :/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

origin seems to display games as vertical tiles like xbox and that is un. tenable

i say this as someone who has over 1000 games on steam. gently caress browsing through tiles

why don't these alternative clients not have simple text-based lists to just fuckin double click and the game loads

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

lots of games do, but theyre games you already own
also plenty of recent indie games go on sale for cheaper and cheaper with each sale

but the people who usually complain about the deals sucking probably only have some sort of snide opinion of indies

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i would say this

if Nintendo had a PC client with virtual console or whatever and some of their eshop games like Pushmo or Boxboy, you fuckin know I'd install that poo poo i don't care how good or bad the client would be

especially if it was crossbuy with Switch

I mean this would literally NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER happen so don't remind me that it would never happen because I fuckin know

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im not gonna pirate my good good boy Pushmo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

because then you're reminded that you paid money for EA's very bad games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://na.square-enix.com/us/node/7029

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

or Gadget from Rescue Rangers

Minerva Mink from either tiny toons or animaniacs i forget which. tiny toons community apparently had a furry that stalked one of the voice actresses

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bloodychill posted:

That is supercool.

Doesn't Sega make the Yakuza games that everyone loves? They also published Total Warhammer which was really good.
i looked up their wiki page a month ago and their games had whittled down to like 3 a year, yakuza, miku, and sonic. which is probably why they're now talking about reviving IPs so that they actually have... games

e: lol they didn't make persona 5 they own atlus that's not really the same

like there was a trailer for this pinball metroidvania game for Switch that's "by Team17" and people went "whoa something other than Worms" and it's like, yeah, Team 17 publishes a ton of games they don't make. they published yooka-laylee for example and overcooked

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 19, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

disney owns pixar but inside out is a pixar movie not a "disney movie" cmon

nintendo didn't make wonderful 101, sony didn't make infamous, microsoft didn't make sunset overdrive

doublefine didn't make gang beasts or THOTH or escape goat 2 which is why it's always important to point out whether a game is MADE by doublefine or PUBLISHED by doublefine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's a good example because Pixar Animation and Walt Disney Animation are separate studios, separate lots, separate crews, separate everything

yall gonna make me lose my mind

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

Also in the 2 decades prior, and that like all of Pixar was just Disney employees who left the company and then were immediately bought by Disney
nah in the beginning pixar was part of lucasfilm, the actual founders before lasseter had no disney time. they did come up with the CAPS system and licensed it to disney which got used in stuff like I believe Oliver & Company and the Lion King used it too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

me from whenever it came out: did you guys hear Lemonade from beyonce??

deak: excuse me it's actually Columbia Records' Lemonade

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Disney's Spiderman

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol if you think an orgy solicitation at an anime con is fake

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Where can I pay to get my rear end kicked in 1v1 by a real life gamer girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFPo1IA7fQw&t=172s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he was broken from day one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Nah, telling someone to get invested in Berserk is pretty much the crown jewel of terrible manga advice.
nah, it's Akagi

which is also game related (in that mahjongg is a game)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hi george soros i'm dad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

everyone is really mad on the internet about Mario + Rabbids so I am going to be into it instead, cant wait

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mario's already crossed over with puzzle & dragon so i feel like there's nothing they can't crossover with

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now imagine if mother 3 US was real lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nerdz posted:

Imagine if they made a mario x rayman platformer instead, man
there's already a mario platformer coming out this year and it's probably a pretty big deal

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i cant wait to fight the Bundy family in FC5

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

excited for the protag to find out the OTHER side is ALSO bad and in fact ALL sides are bad.... makes U Think...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=329BkhTVYBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QOr-oCTwU

e: lol it turns out Ubisoft already used Lorde's cover, for rear end Creed Unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk9ejAbzf3s

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 24, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people take their whiteness too personally

i cant wait to do all the things in far cry 5 to the white people featured in it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I am so sorry I am white, I'd carve SINNER into my back but I can't reach it, can someone come over and do it for me.
i'll do it but i'll carve NOT ALL MEN into it instead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

can someone carve "HANDSOME" into my back
*carves "HANDFUL" into your back, has a real good belly laugh*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the nice thing about animes now is that if any are good you only have to watch 12-24 episodes of them before you're finished

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/867561558951337985

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

frog fractions 2 came out before barkley 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a reminder that Roblox is one of the most popular games on PC because of kids

GamesIndustry.biz posted:

Today, Roblox is available on mobile, console, PC and in virtual reality, attracting more than 48 million active players every month, and surpassing 1 million concurrent users at peak times.

To put that in context, Minecraft only passed 40 million monthly active players in June 2016; at last count, in February this year, it had reached 55 million.

With Roblox, creators are able to monetise their talent, and earn money from the content and characters they add to the world. Even back in September 2015, when we last spoke to Roblox, the money paid out to users was far from trivial: $100,000 a year for the most popular creators. Now, though, much like the explosion in players, the revenue earned by the Roblox community is enough to sustain "professional development studios." In 2017, Baszucki says, the best developers will surpass $1 million in annual revenue, "cashing out at about $140,000 a month."

Work at a Pizza Place, for example, is one of the most popular experiences on the entire platform, having been visited more than 400 million times. It now has a line of physical toys based on its characters, and Baszucki "can see us doing that in other industries besides toys."
it's a Minecrafty thing where you make your own games in it. it looks like poo poo and it's super popular because I guess kids had to go somewhere when club penguin died

my nephews and nieces are into it and it looks like a trash Second Life but if Second Life was popular with not just fetish communities

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 26, 2017

• Locked thread