Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mine is watching Megaman speedruns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tend to try and juggle games but usually end up focusing on one anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've probably failed in my quest to finish Trails SC by Wednesday because I got distracted by Bioshock of all things.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress me, Burns in now the audience stand in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Dark Souls of FMV games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hope everyone is ready for Anime Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pff, they weren't called the Four Hoursepeople of the Apocalypse :rolleyes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She now has a chain thingy so they can make the combat even more like God of War.

Please don't have random loot this time. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno if anyone's actually seen him without the mask on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm really not liking Bioshock Infinite much. The dumb tone deaf story is eh whatever but what's really killing is the attempts to make it a modern shooter and it's basically babbies first linear FPS experience except I could have beaten three CoD games by now and it's still going.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The recent Fate/Extella is a decent Musou clone but anyone coming into it without a vague idea of what's going on and who people are is going to be mighty confused.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It is really good though.

If you want another PS4 turn based RPG try Digimon Cyber Sleuth or World of Final Fantasy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

I've heard that's really good. Do I need to start at the beginning, or is there a good jumping-on point anywhere else? I'm cool either way, just wondering which one to get first if I jump in.

They're all set in the same world, in English there's only really two jumping on points, Trails in the Sky First Chapter (PSP/Vita/PC) an older very slow and wordy JRPG which is cool and has really good characters and world if you like that sort of thing. And Trails of Cold Steel 1 (Vita/PS3 and PC sometime soon) much more modern faster paced game that takes a few cues from Persona's structure but is still its own thing.
Cold Steel has some references and recurring characters but you don't need to have played the earlier games to know what's going on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i have been playing Bioshock collection and 1 seems to have some game breaking glitchs. so if you go to psn home while you playing bioshock 1, the game will hard freeze and be render unplayable. i thought it my just be a online only copy issue but apperently its hard copy as well. hosed up thing is infinite works just fine. anyone else have this issue?

The PS4 port of Bioshock 1 is dogshit, I got it to crash by doing such things as taking a photo and firing my gun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I always pick ladies when playing video games so I am stoked that more and more games are featuring ladies as the protagonists :D

Same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got to Comstock's house and fought a ghost, how much of Bioshock Infinite do I have left???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol That Bioshock Infinite ending, what if you went back in time to kill Hitler but then it turned out you were Hitler?????

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I actually kind of liked the bit where you ended up in Rapture and the meta commentary on sequels but then it took a swerve into idiotville

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh well, I ordered a Switch today so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah did the like three whole choices you had to make in the game actually matter at all? Also lol at the first being, 'throw baseball at black guy or not'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I know at least 2 people who think Bioshock Infinite is the best game of all time

I know one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MM Zero is so hard I can't even kill the first boss :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one should ever use Dark Souls as a baseline for insanely hard games when MM Zero exists.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone set up them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

oh hey that Little Nightmares game quietly came out. Anyone played it yet? Is it as good as it looked? Silent Little Big Planet is definitely my jam.

It's more like Limbo/Inside, so if you liked those it's pretty good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Limbo was cool, Inside was cool until the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can see why people like the ending to Inside it's a cathartic moment where you go from being the hunted to to the hunter but it didn't do anything for me and I felt like it cheapened the earlier game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

I really liked the mechanics of it and the way the physics worked in favor of the idea. I loved all the little details they didn't sacrifice even though the scope of the concept could have easily overwhelmed that section. It was definitely a memorable experience for me.

Which is interesting because I was focused 100% on the story aspect of it and never really thought about it from a gameplay one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat it in an evening, it's like maybe four hours depending on if you get stuck on any puzzles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TF2 could have used a few more stages and Doom '16 a few less

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really have regrets because I would have bought it anyway but I wish I hadn't paid £40 for that PS4 Godzilla game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Star Ocean 5 is the most hilariously low budget trying to pretend it's not games I've ever played. It's basically a season 1 episode of The Next Generation. And not one of the good ones like when Picard eats some maggots.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

eonwe posted:

does it have Q

No

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final Fantasy X

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*spends ten minutes grinding out Saber skills in MM Zero* Ah, now I see what I was doing wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I will once I've finished 1 and 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only one I've played of those is Rapture and I enjoyed it but everyone else in the PS4 thread hates it. I'm a sucker for those sort of melancholy stories though and since there's nothing else to it it depends entirely on how much you enjoy that and wether the slow walking pace annoys you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tfw you'll never own a copy of Sexy Parodius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fixed cameras were fine in 1997 when we hadn't figured out anything better, but it 2017 now.

• Locked thread