Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to get Disgaea 5 for PS4, but it's still $60 which is kind of a punch in the dick with the Switch version coming out and including the hundreds of dollars worth of DLC for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sefal posted:

I think the portability of the Switch would be great for a game like Disgaea 5 though.

Having played the Vita version of Disgaea 4, I completely agree with this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanna pet that anime dog.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

I've never really had anyone coherently explain to me what it is about MOBAs that is enjoyable.

They aren't enjoyable. Gamers are just brain damaged people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

I guess the NDA on Quake Champions is up. The shooting looks like Quake but the gun models are insanely ugly and theres 3 different kinds of currnecy and loot boxes and 8 layers of unnecessary bullshit on top, thankfully. Gotta love modern gaming!

That sucks. :/ I miss the days of Quake 2 when people were making tons of mods. I wish someone would bring that back. I guess Epic Games is trying to do that with the new Unreal Tournament but I have no idea what the status of that title is at.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want a new single player Quake that is based on Quake 1. I liked that setting better then Quake 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Someone do the thing where you draw Kirby without shoes and he has human feet but with yoshi.

NO PLEASE DONT

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snak posted:

How could Yoshi possibly be male? It produces eggs...

Yoshi is asexual.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I always thought it was a shell, but considering they hatch wearing boots I don't know what to believe anymore!

I always thought it was a saddle, but you know what? You're right, it is a shell. This is an official Nintendo image of Yoshi

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first Nintendo transgender character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember Pillars of Eternity have a lot of very upset people over some of the dialog.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I spent a large portion of the weekend watching speed run documentaries about Mario games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

You should watch The King of Kong.

I've seen that! That was a fun documentary.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot that yahtzee is a goon, but he hasn't posted on SA in years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's just going to be some stupid rear end poo poo like more Sonic garbage. If it is any classic IP's that old school gamers remember then they will only ever get released in Japan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

i'm burnt out on hearthstone and dark souls 3 someone recommend something thats not the following bullet points

[bullet[ rpg or anything with animes
{bullat} card games
\* i may have grown out of first person shooters so dont say the game with frying pans and motorcycle helmets

How are you with fighting games? Injustice 2 comes out tonight and it looks really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

is that one old or is it the new one because i thought the new one had a retarded name like th34f or something with a 4 in it

The reboot of Thief is just called Thief. It didn't have any odd numbering in it, I don't know why people call it that. http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/Thief/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

ive never played any thief game before but from what i remember it looked like a elder scrolls or something maybe i'm confusing it with something else

Imagine an Elder Scrolls game where the only objective is to literally steal everything not tied down. That is the new Thief.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

i'd like to play another good horror game like dead space or resident evil does prey come close to that?

Nope! It does look kinda good though but really hard. Outlast 2 might be fun though if you liked Resident Evil 7.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

To me the closes comparison to Prey is System Shock, it even has inventory Tetris management.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Injustice 2 is a fun fighting game. I like playing grindy games and the fighter leveling and gear collecting is perfect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I don't know what this is is all about but that thumbnail is from Wolf Children, a really loving great Mamoru Hosoda movie.

:yeah:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Massive Destiny 2 reveal is today. The first gameplay will be shown and major features will be talked about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

God damnit I'm gonna go to Facebook and Chris Cornell is gonna be dead isn't he

edit: gently caress

Soundgarden is one of my favorite bands. Been a fan since Superunknown came out. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Life is Strange 2 was announced yesterday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

Good news, It's coming out on the switch

Monster Hunter would probably be fun it weren't on a gimmick console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to get Toukiden 2 on PS4, but i've read a lot of negative things about the gameworld being confusing and boring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CJacobs posted:

The controls are absolutely awful. Hopefully it being on a console fixes this outright.

Monster Hunter started on PlayStation 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I enjoyed Rogue Galaxy when it came out on PlayStation 2, and bought it right away on PlayStation 4 but when I tried playing it again on PS4 I just couldn't stomach the game anymore. PS2 era games are not fun to play anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nah, you guys are just so use to having horrible opinions that you don't know when a good one actually pops up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like rogue galaxy. i actually beat it, unlike xenoblade

Have you played Xenoblade X? Imagine managing to make piloting giant robots as unfun as possible. I still finished that game but it was disappointing in a lot of ways where it shouldn't have been.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

See now here is a quality game I would play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What game is this? I would play this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lets talk about Xenosaga.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Injustice 2 is my favorite game of the year. This is so addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice 2 is great. None of the DLC characters seem that super appealing, though. Black Manta, maybe.

When Tekken 7 comes out, my brain is probably going to blow up trying to juggle two fighting games at the same time.

Also watching some Street Fighter V this weekend has me wondering whether I should get around to playing that copy that I bought but never actually installed

I am conflicted on buying like Tekken 7. That game is going to hands down be great, no doubt, but how do I juggle two fighting games, like you said? I can't do it. D:

• Locked thread