Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Regy Rusty posted:

Still not in the OP... disgraceful

hosed up, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Sakurazuka posted:

Hope everyone is ready for Anime Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ

That looks like loving garbage. Anime ruins everything.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Kassoon posted:

Me too, but I'm glad at least they have the quality guidelines in place that killed it. They should have just made it in-house, I'd like to see a Blizzard take on stealth action (I just want more stealth action games).

Speaking of them, I tried watching a Heroes of the Storm tournament to see what was up with their 2.0 update and it seemed kind of... slow? Team fights lasted three times longer than they really should have, and a lot of times they would just walk away without heroes dying. I don't know if I like the huge health pools and having walls you can safely hide behind, but I do like the lack of last hitting and the more flexible talent builds.

I think longer battles where you can more easily manage and keep track of HP instead of being obliterated before you know what happened is part of the appeal? Phasing out building up items and builds and that whole system is another thing that keeps it extremely accessible. I don't have much of an opinion on HOTStorm but adding lootboxes are a proven Good Thing™ and dynamics of each map playing so differently is a nice change of pace.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Anime is trash

e, dogs are good

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
anime can do dogs bad, too, like in jojo

but that is good dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvYApd_X3aU
not anime

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
MOBAs let you be a terrible human being to people on and off your team at the same time for 40 minutes and no one is allowed to leave. It's truly amazing.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

exquisite tea posted:

In my limited time with MOBAs, the playerbase has categorically been the most unpleasant to be around. I think everything about Dota is kind of engineered to bring out the worst traits in people and it shows. Even the occassional HotS goon group has had 1 or 2 really disagreeable people who start getting emotional and lashing out because their beautiful Tracer is getting hurt by the big mean Diablo. It's pathetic.

The first I kinda agree, but the 2nd sounds you're poo-pooing anyone being invested in a game made to be competitive. People will be emotional whether it's CSGO, Smash Brothers, or whatever else if they're going in to win it.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

exquisite tea posted:

Most of the time you'll only get the quiet dignity of the ragequit.

SC2 has its own swathe of winners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_IKw-Z2HE

An opponent from within the last month:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

haveblue posted:

The baseball thing comes up again in the form of minor changes to a trivial npc interaction later. If you didn't throw the ball at them, they thank you. If you did throw the ball at them, a racist thanks you.

video games

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Jay Rust posted:

I'm feeling very listless today... Could someone recommend a video game, any video game, for me to play?

Hollow Knight

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Fixed cameras don't belong in this world

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Fanart is bad

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
That's not a fair trade

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Jay Rust posted:

So what's GotY 2017 so far

Hollow Knight

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I was the best mom in Fire Emblem: Awakening. I happily accept this award, thank you.

e: earthbound mom was a good mom.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Cowcaster posted:

name her after a videogame character

Melinda Megamelons

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
we really shouldn't be wishing anime on our children especially when they already have the trial of having a goon parent.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Ya I'm a fan on these types of games and BONUS this features music by Ben Prunty of FTL fame.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm watching this and good stuff, as usual. How is The Surge? It came out then I haven't heard much of anything about it but I haven't actively looked for anything about it. Usually if a game is good I'll eventually hear about it somewhere in Games, like Prey. I went from it barely registering on my radar to instant buy after seeing people gushing about it. Was not disappointed either.

It's okay. Solid 6.5 Dark Souls clone. It feels really good, graphics are okay,combat system is fleshed out and well realized. They pretty much failed to make the game actually compelling or interesting or not have the back half really show the limits of their time in terms of level design or keeping up enemy variety.

Don't buy at full price.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Mordja posted:

Huh, sounds like the original Prey 2 would have had a neat little plot twist.

Basically every time you die and respawn at your safehouse, you're actually an unwitting clone of the main character, not the same dude brought back to life. Somehow it relates to the protag from the first Prey, not sure how. The game ends with you escaping back to earth, settling down, growing old and passing away peacefully. Then you "spawn" again in that same safehouse.

So it was almost SOMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
So next OP ya'll are never mentioning anime again, right?

• Locked thread