Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats this game?

It's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 which seems to be full of parts where the main character says his best tough guy non-sequiturs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I thought Prey 2017 ran on CryEngine while Dishonored 2 ran on a modified version of idtech5.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Not sure what to think of Nier Automata. I've played it for 4 hours and the story feels like it'd be more effective and shocking had I not played and gotten all trophies for the first game 6 years ago - I also don't have the same tolerance for Japanese melodrama as I did back then, and the character tropes of Shy Boy and Stoic Girl do nothing for me. The combat is also too simple to be fun as well and I can already guess all the gimmicks it's going to throw at me from playing the first.
I'll put a few more hours into it and if it doesn't get any better I'll just drop it??? Video games.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Shadow Warrior 2 is finally coming to console May 19th. Been waiting on this a long long time since the initial reviews on the PC seemed really good, anyone else played it last year?

The combat is a huge improvement over the first but the writing is a step down full of weird gameplay/cutscene transitions and an abrupt ending that comes out of nowhere.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm 6 hours into Prey and that pulsating effect/colour fade out during combat is insufferable. Doesn't help that I've been fighting the same two enemy types either.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

In Ghost Recon Wildlands you play as a military mom who destroys all of Bolivia.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If you want Far Cry in an urban setting you can just play the thoroughly average Homefront The Revolution.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

SOTN's I am the Wind was hella corny but it fit the game and ending just fine. It's pretty dumb they changed it in a patch.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Phantasium posted:

There's been no patch to any version, the thing that bothers me more is that the ending screen on the cliff is garbled in the PSP version.

The XBLA version was definitely patched at some point. It originally had the song but was later changed sometime after release.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I keep having this guy pop up in my recommended videos since the last week or so. Goddammit Youtube

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

The Thing (1982), The Thing (2011), and The Thing (game) are all canon? What a confusing trilogy

afaik The Thing 2011 is a prequel to The Thing 1982 and The Thing game is a sequel to it. The game was originally going to have a sequel that was canned as well.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I thought the reason why Ubisoft games all had pseudo-realism and barely any fantastical elements was the same as those Eidos concepts for the original TR 2013 reboot that had Lara Croft riding a horse while fighting some giant creature: market research showed them most people wanted realism in their games. At least that's what I've heard repeated over the years whenever the topic of Ubisoft's mediocrity for settings pops up.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Supposedly the unlocked framerate in the Vanquish port makes it so enemies do 2x damage. Have more people tested it?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

tap my mountain posted:

I got one shot by a Romanov charged shot, but I can't remember if that's normal or not.

Looks like it's legit, at least with enemy bullets, according to this Steam thread.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

It has always disappointed me that Alan Wake ends with a cliffhanger, which is resolved in the DLCs... only to be ended with another cliffhanger, which is then resolved in American Nightmare... only to be ended with another another cliffhanger.

They kept pushin' their luck and it caught up with them :(

They probably knew since American Nightmare ends with something that serves as a decent ending (Alan's evil twin is defeated, and he steps into the real world to be with his wife... or does he???) but has enough mystery to it that it can easily work as a cliffhanger for a sequel.

Also, the entire supporting cast being women makes sense when you consider the manuscripts by Alan about feeling guilty that he was a piece of poo poo to his wife during their relationship before the first game.

GUI fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Evil Within's plot disappointed me since it started out surreal and dreamlike with all the weird things going on and the main character barely reacting to any of it, then as the game went on I realised it was just poor writing and it was a pretty standard horror game.

• Locked thread