Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Cromartie High School is another really good anime (make sure to watch the dub)

Cromartie and One Punch Man are probably the only anime series I've enjoyed watching in like, the last decade.

Inferno Cop is also pretty good, but not really for the same reasons. It's basically Axe Cop the animated series... though "animated" might be pushing it a bit.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cardboard Box A posted:

Darksiders is back!

It's uh... it's Starcraft Ghost?

I'm actually pretty thrilled about this. :allears:

Darksiders clearly had a ton of love poured into it even if it's a little janky, and it didn't deserve to go down with THQ.

Also: The other two are on sale in a bundle this week! Bonus.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Colonel posted:

i like how condemned's gameplay makes it look like a game that's just all about brutal violent horror but then you get to the cutscenes and the crime scene portions and it becomes a mix of way weirder, goofier horror and a paranormal crime procedural and the main character is just kind of a police dude who happens to have a weird brain and a reinforced skeleton

which makes it more lol how condemned 2 apparently goes back on all of that and also throws in the illuminati

Both Condemned games are great. The second one kind of goes off the rails (ok, very much goes off the rails) but it's worth it for the great combat and the bear. Oh my god that bear level.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Colonel posted:

i'd like to play it but it's the one monolith fps that never got ported to pc. rip

A drat shame. :(

Still, if Darksiders can come back from the dead, there's hope still!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

surf rock posted:

I have an original Xbox 360 and it's red-ringed on me. It's actually my third red-ringed 360, but the other two died when Microsoft was still doing the warranty thing years ago.

Anyway, I have a bunch of 360 games and I would like to get one of the slim 360s to replace this one. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what cable I need to transfer the data from the old 360's HDD to one of the newer 360s. I know that this is the first-party product, but it's 40 loving dollars. A search for "360 hard drive transfer cable" brings up a bunch of results in the $10-15 range, which is fine with me, but I can't tell from the descriptions which of these are compatible with the original 360s.

Does anyone have experience doing this and have a cable to recommend that's cheaper than the first-party one?

Any kind of thing that looks like the official one should work: https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Transf...+transfer+cable

Cheapest option is to see if you know someone who has one though. I vaguely recall when I did this I got one shipped to me from a buddy on another forum, so it was like $3 to ship and I just passed it along to the next person who needed it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Help Im Alive posted:

I know at least 2 people who think Bioshock Infinite is the best game of all time

I don't think it's the best game of all time but I think it tends to get over-hated thanks to the absurd critical praise it got on release.

It's a fun ride with a great world design, a story that's interesting if a little too abstract for its own good, and I'm totally willing to overlook the stupid parts just because it's well put together. Not really sure where the complaints about the shooting come from, it's a little chunkier controlling than a lot of other FPSes but it works for how it's balanced, never had any problems getting through it due to controls or whatever. I also thought even with it being kind of contrived, the ending was a good way to tie it all together, and it was appropriately depressing.

Now, the two-part Rapture story DLC? Oh my god how it sucks. In terms of levels and gameplay it's just sort of OK, but the plot goes into full on stupidland, far worse than the main story, ruins the ending, and the rest of it's nowhere near good enough to make up for it. I liked the DLC arena mode though, admittedly. :shobon:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I'm glad I grabbed Odin Sphere in the anime sale, because the rebalanced game is really fun and holy poo poo is it ever pretty. OS was already a good looking game, but at 1080p it's jaw dropping.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wamdoodle posted:

:hellyeah:

Anyone play the precursor​ to that mode in the Tobal series? I feel like I'm the only one who knows those games​ existed.

Tobal 2's RPG mode was fantastic. Shame that it never came out in the US, though both of them were a great time.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

wizard on a water slide posted:

The Silence of the Lambs is ostensibly a horror film about a serial killer. Clarice Starling defeats the main antagonist, Buffalo Bill, and rescues his last victim. But Hannibal Lecter escapes from custody, and Clarice will carry scars from what happened for the rest of her life, because Buffalo Bill isn't really the monster in The Silence of the Lambs.

Having read Hannibal I do have to say this sentence misses the mark slightly. :v:

It's a valid point though. Video games are ostensibly about "winning" but it's really the writing and setting that determine how successful the player is, and even success is still not always a good thing in the scope of the broader narrative.

Good horror games tend to have your goals be something short term like "don't get your rear end killed" even when overall nothing really goes well for the player at any given time. It does feel like a little bit of a cop-out when the ending is "turns out despite getting killed being a game over before this time it's the ending!!!" but it still can work depending on the strength of the writing and scenario.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Everything about Rap Rabbit looked terrible until I saw it was actually a NaNaOnSha production and they weren't hyping up some random office intern as "one of the creators of Parappa" and now I can't get my iPad to take my money directly through the screen even though I'm trying really really hard????

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Guy Mann posted:

From the people who brought you Parappa 2: Nothing About This Is Good At All

I bet you have a problem with noodles too, you joyless sack. :colbert:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CJacobs posted:

Any opinions on The Surge? People are saying it's another It's Like Dark Souls game but I want to hear deeper opinions than that before my 1,500 hours in the Souls games pushes me to buy it any further

It's Lords of the Fallen 2. I would 100% recommend only getting it when it's dirt cheap based on that alone.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mordja posted:

Different lead studio, I think? I skipped Primal and think it would have been better if it were closer to Blood Dragon in length. The underlying gameplay just doesn't seem like it could sustain a full-length Far Cry game.

I hope 5 is good, but I also hope it's not modern-day also.

Primal is really really fun, but it's also easy to burn out on. The plot is paper thin and pointless though, so it's a great game to put down and pick back up whenever you feel like it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

drat that's pretty.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe there should be like a criterion collection for youtube videos

First release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Adbot