Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

I don't like MOBAs but I have played HOTS and DOTA2 and League and it's a MOBA without any elements of the genre that would make it interesting for anybody to actually want to compete in it so I don't even understand why anyone would play other than for the novelty of Tracer and a Starcraft tank talking to each other in a lane or whatever.

Being too competitive is a big part of MOBA badness, there should be a MOBA focused on pve play so people can enjoy the awful gameplay without as many nutjobs.

Unrelated, how terrible is the competitive Overwatch community?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why is Street Fighter V so ugly?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I liked the Crystal Chronicles ds game even if it was flawed, I would like a sequel but not a dull singleplayer thing and hopefully better than the Final Fantasy monster hunter ripoff on 3ds.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, no kidding. If I'm playing Borderlands with friends (shush it's fun) then I don't bother to read the dialogue, we're here to shoot things. When I play alone, I read every line. ... I'm not the smartest player on the block but listen: unless it's a tabletop game then no one cares about the deep writing in a game if they're playing with pals.

That said it would be cool to have a lore/exploration heavy game (Minecraft? Terrarria?) where you go around exploring and learning things with friends instead of killing crabs.

A game on the level of Terraria but withough combat sounds cool but I don't know if there is an audience for it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

What happened to Tom Clancy's The Division? Did people stop playing it?

It's being steadily dying and the devs announced the year 2 updates (basically nothing) so even the hardcore fans are giving up on it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure Kasumi is underage.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why did Ubisoft not ship an Assassins Creed last year? There is no way in hell they willingly chose to take a year off when the movie was about to give them a bunch of advertising.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What was the name of that Sonic rpg that Bioware made again?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol at Origin, at least it isn't as bad as Ubisoft's downloader.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bloodychill posted:

From elsewhere, a couple of good point on Valve

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have no beef with Valve but it would be nice if they made games instead of inserting slot machines into their current titles.

Also Dota.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

so my vita's memory card died and the only thing i have a physical cart for is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbV0K3K9ROk

so i think ive made mistakes in my life

Don't you need a memory card to save in physical games?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad the Destiny sequel isn't a major shake up in terms of the basics (not that a sequel is likely to change much) hopefully there isn't a bunch of stupid poo poo that has yet to be mentioned.

Not sure if it will be a popular pc game though, I feel that games basicallaly built from Halo aren't as impressive to the pc audience.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Years ago every individual game had its own launcher, when you had to put the CD in your disc drive to play the game as basic copy protection. Time is a flat circle, and we return to the old ways. The dream of unifying everything under one banner, like most utopian dreams of empire, was never something that could really become a reality. What we have now follows the trends across all social structures in late capitalism

Pretty sure one company controlling all game distribution would be extremely capitalism.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I know it's probably fake but aren't the characters in Persona 5 high schoolers?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ubisoft is committed to multiplayer now so good luck getting any low budget singleplayer indie games out of them for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like how in response to the topic of Nintendo being worthy of criticism, not one but two posters responded with the same lovely bad faith snipe at Sony for some reason.

Anyways, Humble Bundle has a Adult Swim bundle up right now and it is good
https://www.humblebundle.com/adult-swim-games-bundle

lol "bad faith snipe"

• Locked thread