Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

They mostly just draw giant dicks in the water, I'm told.

Confirming, and breaking Opsec in the process, drawing sea dicks is a critical component to stealth and US nuclear deterance. Luckily Trump doesn't know about this just like he's unaware of anything about 'the nuclear'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Genocide Tendency posted:

Air Force Academy.

Trump, as always, chooses the lowest bar to trip over.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I struggle to find someone less competent, fictional or otherwise

Like legit think that M-o-o-n dude from The Stand would probably edge out Trump

Maybe... Maybe we're heading a timeline like 'Being There'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha oh my loving god watch this IMMEDIATELY

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859609243774840834

The Mulvaney conference call turned into an incredible clusterfuck.

Hard question? :raise:

*CRSSRSKKK* Sorry what was that? ***SSHSHHCHH* I Cant *SSSCCHHH* Heat you ssssssss

Hangs up phone and runs away.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bird food bathtub posted:

Either way I would be thrilled for The Church of SS-18 Satan (may his passing cleanse the earth with fire) to get on CNN and thank Trump

ftfy

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 4, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Torrannor posted:

Not to mention how patriotism interacts with the issue. Hypothetically, if the rest of the world cut off trade to the US until the 2nd Amendment is repealed, do you think that would work? Or do you think even liberal gun control enthusiasts would reject this foreign meddling in their affairs?

With only four ships commodore Perry opened Japan to trade. Imagine if he had carrier battle groups.

Also I'm sure Saudi Arabia would be happy to sell Eastern Europe energy instead of Russia. In some ways they already are.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bird food bathtub posted:

So now the airlines are basically getting what they pay for with attendants that have morale somewhere between Taco Bell night shift employee and Wal-Mart shelf stocker. Accordingly, they give no fucks about treating passengers with the false smile that comes with customer-service or doing anything other than exactly what is required by the book to keep their job.

Every airline is equally bad, what competition will their clientele move to? Checkmate! Capitolism at its finest? Free hand of the market!

TRUMP!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

cry harder, fashie.

May title!

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I'm the journalist who stands at the airport with a stopwatch whenever the plane lands

If youre a photographer and journalist not only do you have the timestamps on photos you generally write down times for the sake of proper story chronology. Mostly those times are irrelevant.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MTV, Teen Vogue, surprising voices of the resistance etc.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Genocide Tendency posted:

"Soviet.. Excuse me Russian.. Freudian slip.."

:lol:

:ussr:

That was beautiful.

Although from the line of this questioning it seems like Clapper can't say more about the investigation timeline that Comey has already publicly revealed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

Yates just superslammed Cornyn over her reply regarding her confirmation hearing.

fffffff I was microwaving leftovers and missed it. I hope there's a highlight reel eventually.

e; Cruz is talking and I already am reminded how much I hate him. Also Cruz is taking the Trump stance and attacking Hillary. Such a shitheel

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
And Yates shutdowns Cruz.

I like these people when they're passionate about shoving their foot down Ted Cruz's lying face.

"Partisan Litigates" gently caress YOU CRUZ

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
"I can't confirm that because that would be classified"

*Looks right into camera*

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

this guy is loving retarded

No, that gives him too much credit. He's GOP'd

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Unclassified is not a leak you fffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! :bang:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

loving Lindsey Graham being a poo poo

Ehh, those were mostly actual questions. Mostly. Definitely better than the other R's

Also Prop sign.

Prop sign is great.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

lightpole posted:

I want a position with no responsibility that allows me to bang congressional interns how do I get this, do I need to run for office?

No, Trump is hiring any warm body. You can just apply for a spot at the White House. You'll wind up underdeputy of banging.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Clapper just said "Tactics, Techniques, and Proceedures" and it made me smile

orange juche posted:

The problem with being the underdeputy of banging means that at best you get sloppy seconds.

Thats the best most goons can aspire too

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/861712617299210240

Donnie ('s staffers?) spinning today as another win for him.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Is it just me or did honorable SA poster Lindsay O just say something dumb on Fox News?

https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/861725483896979456

CommieGIR posted:

To be fair, until they actually do a closed hearing where the classified poo poo can hit the fan, he can keep spinning it like this.

Even if the classified poo poo hits the fan he public won't hear about it through any open channels. It will be all partisan and GOPers defending a redhats right to treason on Fox News.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/861962480821686272

South Korean Elections went well

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/860952832949833728

Airforce? Airforce!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

In summary: hail SS-18. That poem is even more accurate

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im calling it

trump resignation incoming

You jinxed it. Thank you.

Seriously. Thank you, it's better for him to be arrested and tried rather than taking the quiet way out. The right has been eating their own seed corn and now they will eat each other.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

God drat i wonder if spicey feels like the band on the titanic

E: i wonder if this is what it felt like to watch Watergate happen

Watergate was full of interesting maneuvers by corrupt politicians. This is just monkeys playing with poop on camera, and yet we'll have this recorded with tweets and Facebook posts in the historic archives for the next hundred years. (Assuming we make it that far)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I really want a brief case of Orange-pox to be democracy's immunization against the real bad stuff.

It really needs to be public, for us and the world. Get it out of our system

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I hope the Russian Minister visiting today tells Trump that he doesn't expect him to be in office much longer

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Teen Vogue, MTV, National Parks Service, and Chuck Tingle... voices of the resistance, etc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
*googles lessons learned from the French revoluton*

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Guess what!

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52715

E; not the good kind of guess what, the CBO might not get a score out before the senate fucks us all

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

KildarX posted:

I thought the Senate has to wait or they can't do the reconciliation thingy.

Has to wait according to whom? The democrats? Public opinion?

No, they're doing whatever they feel like doing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Vice President Pence posted:

There is no evidence of any collusion between our campaign and any Russian officials

I feel like there has been publicly cited evidence for this in the form of Manafort/Stone/Flynn et al, I guess he's arguing on the basis of what counts as :airquote: collusion :airquote:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Fire enough people and yes it will go away! Turns out the American populace doesn't care about corruption and hated as long as its hatred against muslims, blacks, and women.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

suboptimal posted:

So let's say that the eventual outcome of this whole sordid shitshow is that there is credible evidence showing that there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, including Trump himself. What happens next? Can the president be impeached for crimes committed before they took office? Can the president be indicted should the legislature decline to impeach? If the Republican-led legislature declines to impeach, how do the Democrats react to this?

It's a pretty scary feeling when you realize that democracy's institutions are only as strong as the people who make them up, and those people are idiots and assholes.

So let's say the eventual outcome of this whole sordid shitshow is that there is credible evidence showing that there was collusion to stifle any investigation into impropriety within the GOP after said impropriety has been exposed to the public...

Nah

Let's say you're a humble Jedi witnessing the sith rise to power, what actions do you take? Don't actually answer this question in written form, but theoretically...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ahem, clean-coal-powered navy, if you please.

:smuggo:

Also, go to GAP's Old Navy online store right now, select the baby clothing and scroll down.

:laffo:

Screenshot? Whatever it is I don't see it on mobile

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I just hope something sticks, so far Trump has been immune to public opinion and reality.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The public opinion of his base is unswayed by reality. His base has just enough power (through their GOP officials) to deflect all repercussions.

Also todays press conference is great, like three reporters in a row have said variants of 'You claim the president wants this to be a fair investigation but you just said like 12 times that you've talked to 'many many' FBI agents about this investigation, how is that not a conflict of interest?'

And then when pushed about Comey/FBI etc, she walked off.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

mlmp08 posted:

If Pence, Ryan, and Trump somehow got taken down, then Mattis publicly murdered his way to the presidency, he just might have bipartisan support for looking the other way.

He could just pardon himself right?

Or I'm sure Duckworth would be happy to walk up and knife some people to clear the way and gracefully accept her pardon from him.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I would be actively more surprised if there wasn't a bunch of 24/7 recordings in a lot of places in the west wing. Not to keep the recordings, but just to have someone transcribe everything that happens because it's incredibly important to keep all the daily promises and decisions straight.

The fact that Trump took what should be an official aid to the system and publicly floated about catching people saying ~things~ is just orange levels of dumb.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

It take a long time to release them. Apparently the Hamilton ones just came out.

Amazing audio quality too.

shame on an IGA posted:

Current Event: The gold bond video is back on youtube and hasn't been taken down yet. Get a golden breathmint for your balls while you can.

https://youtu.be/IngTDThANfE

Ahahahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_TWRrM9NQ

We've got a president politicking at Liberty U again, live now.

• Locked thread