Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wouldn't put it past Manning to get busy dying, even on the outside. It's not a stable structure, never has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.4d99cf6f5acc

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

these mother fuckers KNEW
Should make for a good anti-Rohrabacher ad if nothing else.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Both McConnell and Gingrich are in their mid-70s. With any luck they'll be dead in a few years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Countdown to conspiracy theories about how the old fat man died.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Not that news, but holy gently caress Donnie is talking to a subject of an FBI Investigation, Flynn.

https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/865220645046681601
Probably a threat.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arc Light posted:

I wonder who will play Trump in the inevitable movie 10-20 years from now.
I'm hoping they make it soon. I want Christopher Walken in a fat suit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

As if Lieberman hasn't wrecked enough poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Probably because Mattis was memified and if there's anything Donnie hates it's having to read and perform critical thinking. In that particular case it worked out but in others like Clarke and Sheriff Joe idiots like Donnie are more than willing to take their branding at face value.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If Kushner offered me a high five I'd put my hand into a fist and go right for his stupid yuppie face.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Anecdotally, I'm starting to see a lot more such TVs with either CNN or MSNBC on. Or waiting areas with multiple TVs have a mix of Fox and CNN/MSNBC. Or they just say "gently caress it" and put on ESPN.
loving History Channel garbage.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope the Sauds stone Melanis to death.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Office Pig posted:

"Why is the bigger story not that Sheriff Clarke tortures people to death," is the first and most appropriate response anyone can possibly make to this.
Hey, good on them for waiting to jump this on them after Donnie offered him a position.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

John Krakauer is The Who wrote the religious cult book and the Pat Tillman one yea? That wasn't Bowden?
Yeah. Krakauer wrote those and some mountain climbing stuff that is semi-controversial.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Mueller got briefed on the Comey memos.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/mueller-comey-russia-investigation/index.html

Donnie is close to naming a legal team, and of all people, he wants to bring in Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie, campaign people, to run a crisis shop.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/22/trump-crisis-bossie-lewandowski-238689

Comey postponed Wednesday testimony to Chaffetz's House Oversight Committee because he wants to talk to Mueller first. No change to the big one, Senate Intel, likely next week or in two weeks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/jason-chaffetz-postpones-james-comey-meeting/index.html
I really want Corey to get some more of the public embarrassment he so rightly deserves so I'm happy with this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope the family sues him for defamation. O'Reilly is a piece of poo poo but he never lashed himself to Trump like Sean "Promised to get waterboarded 8 years ago" Hannity.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In other news Hassan Rouhani gets to keep being President of Iran. In a sense the Persians did better than us in rejecting insanity.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

The poo poo I don't get is why in the gently caress is the US allies with the House of Saud instead of Iran? Like, why in the gently caress would you become buddies with arguably the worst bunch of fuckheads in the gulf and burn your bridges with Iran? There's a lot of poo poo the US can do and could have done to normalize relations with Iran but lmao no we're gonna stick with the Sauds even though their ogliarchs have kicked off most of the islamic terrorist groups in existence.
Caveats included the past two election cycles have proven that Iran has a lot more chance of changing than Saudi Arabia will barring something incredibly drastic. 2009 too if the Imams hadn't interfered. Behind a lot of government window dressing your average Iranian is sick of the bullshit and wants better. What they want doesn't entirely align with our interests but far more than with the Sauds.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

The Saudis will never want change because they have such strong cultural control.
Iranians can remember before things got super hosed up, the Saudis don't have that benefit. Just for fun here's an example of the kind of pop music that was popular in pre-revolution Iran. It's a Dolly Parton cover.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

AkrisD posted:

In regards to the CIA losing a bunch of China operatives, do the spooks have to go through OPM with a regular SF86? Wasn't it around 2010ish that OPM discovered they had a huge problem?
I imagine there's a completely different process for them for just such an occurence. Or maybe not since this is the worst timeline.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

John Cena as the new FBI Director.
Cena is a liberal and hates Trump so I'm cool with that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Franken says he won't run for president in 2020 :(

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Is that one of the states you can legally drink and drive in
Some state senator started crying on the floor about how tougher DUI laws were destroying their special culture.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I want Obamacare to outlive the GOP for ultimate justice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I just want maj gun, and mah Jesus, and mah underaged bride who is also mah cusin.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Guy in Portland starts verbally abusing two Muslim women on a train, two people try to stop him and he stabs them and slits their throats:

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/...men-passengers/
We must stop the Mooselambs because they don't respect our peaceful values.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sergg posted:

According to the police updates, he was ranting about how they don't pay their taxes and it was part of a larger, unfocused rant targeting various ethnicities. Putting my money on paranoid schizophrenia.
I can't wait for the GOP to claim this has nothing to do with their rhetoric.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Gadaffi also liked to ride around in a golf cart Miniscule Twat-Mobile.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Get hosed Sean Baby Dick.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

This is a great thing, but can we waterboard him anyway for being such a cum stain on the underwear of humanity?
But Sean, you promised!!

*Glug glug glug

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember a few days back when he insisted that he goes on vacation every year and anyone who read into it further was an idiot?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

Hey that Genesis video is relevant again
It never stopped being relevant.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh boy, we're going to have to unfuck all oir international relationships again. Even Condi Rice's State Department wasn't this bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

What happens if we reach the point where a sane president and their staff is unable to undo the damage from Trump?
I think our biggest advantage is that people in other countries realize that Trump is despised by more than half of the voting population. This isn't like Iraq where people were still behind Bush or the idea that they were supporting the troops. If we had a repeat of 9/11 tomorrow I doubt any significant portion of Donnie's critics would get behind him because he's an idiot and the worst possible person to handle any scale of crisis.

Ourside of starting a war more unjustified than Iraq I don't see any dipolomatic damage that can't be largely mitigated over 8 years of repair.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Noriega is dead.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A lot of the latter day hate against the French is because they weren't dumb enough to follow us into Iraq.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

The only time I've been approached by Russians is to buy their face cream in the mall
Iz made of lend/lease machine grease and vodka, iz good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Everything is "historic", and they're always focusing on his "legacy". Unfortunately for them that's already in the trash heap.

• Locked thread