Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Thwomp posted:

Theres no way Trump resigns. It'd be the ultimate embarrassment/defeat/submission. His world is entirely about domination, his ego would never stand for it.

Nixon, the poster child for grievance and paranoia, had at least enough sense of duty to allow for resignation.

Trump has no sense of duty.

psydude posted:

You really think Trump will resign? He can't even let go of having a smaller crowd than Obama and wants to have one more scoop of ice cream than everyone else. The petulant little poo poo will go down in flames, screaming about how horribly he's been mistreated the entire way.

Both of you are missing something important. Trump has likely committed crimes. Crimes that he would go to jail for a very long time for. So.....

Fister Roboto posted:

Trump resigning (and Pence pardoning him) would be the ultimate disappointment after this massive clusterfuck, so of course that's what's going to happen.

Is exactly what will happen if Trump is ousted.

If they can get him on anything impeachable, the reds will cut him the same deal Nixon got. Quit, keep pension/benefits, and get pardoned. Or go to prison. For a very long time and lose everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

orange juche posted:

Diplomatic immunity brah, we can't do poo poo to them legally besides breaking up the action.

Show me your *bang*id*bang*.

He was aggressively reaching for something.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Random twitter guy weighs in on Clarke:

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/864953837714628608

Edit: Its a 14 tweet bitch fest. But entertaining and pretty accurate.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Came here to post this..

What the gently caress...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/chriscornell/status/864995525686415360

Just finished playing in Detroit when he dropped dead.

So the 90s grunge era has what... Vedder and Rossdale left?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

No because he will always be Nirvana's drummer.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oh right...

Corgan is still alive. Should have remembered that since I caught him with a bunch of roadies an incarnation of the Smashing Pumpkins about 2-3 years ago.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

He is also such a gigantic prick that Darcy took up a debilitating heroin addiction to get out of the band and away from him.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Since at least one of you lives in or near Denver..

You are under a Winter Weather advisory today. Enjoy your 2 inches of snow.

Edit: Helps to actually include the link.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 18, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-contacts-idUSKCN18E106

It's 6am. I'm not even caffeinated yet. And already we're off the starting blocks in the scandal races today

Elsewhere, the phrase "destroy each other in an orgy of bureaucratic violence" made me happy

My favorite thing about yesterday's special prosecutor announcement is all the talking heads who keep saying all the leaks will stop.

:newlol:

Its going to 11 now.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Drudge is reporting that Roger Ailes is dead.

https://twitter.com/drudge/status/865183390776958976

Edit: gently caress all y'all

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Balance to the Force has been restored in less than 12 hours.

Edit:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME. Beat twice today.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

joat mon posted:

If he wasn't dead, Philip Seymour Hoffman. He could also play Bannon.

The only choice for Bannon is Jared Leto.

Chapter 27 showed he can look the part. Crazy is factory installed.

Accretionist posted:

Erdogan personally ordered the protesters beaten.

There is a new video showing Erdogan speak to an aid, the aid speak to a guard and that guard nodding, turning around and running off to lead the charge.

Erdogan wouldn't have pulled this poo poo under Obama

Well no. But he also wasn't allowed into the country under Obama.

Like I said yesterday. Cops should have just shot the security detail. For once they would have had a justified reason for gunning down a minority.

Edit: 27 not 21

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

In case someone hasn't pointed this out...

Trump and administration learns nothing from Watergate. Decides to start working on finding a way to gently caress with special investigation.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Looks like we have SIGINT between Russians bragging about how much leverage they had with Flynn.

This is like finding out Santa Claus is a pedophile.

God. Dammit.

The other day some retired 4 star got on CNN and didn't just hint at, he said, he thinks Flynn's mental health was compromised.

:(

Yea, when I heard that on Maddow from probably the same dude. "Spent too long chasing the white whale" I think is how the guy put it.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I've personally been a part of a dangerous situation caused by "unacknowledged is unreceived" and that's definitely a huge thing.

(one of my two near midair collisions, missed the other bird by 30 feet and only then because I saw we were rapidly converging and screamed to break)

I'm not a pilot but from pilot talk that I heard.. I thought 1000 foot misses was pants making GBS threads territory? 30 loving feet sounds like a mid air that everyone just managed to walk away from.

Don't you run into wake issues at that range? Like the wash will put you into the dirt? It sounds really loving close and.. Bad.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Trump is such a fuckup he's taking Fox News down with him. Their ratings are in a dive because only the craziest of the crazies that are choosing to be willfully ignorant of reality are watching. Their ideological dedication to not portraying anything as negative means everyone else is tuning in to other networks to watch the dumpster fire.

Fox's problems aren't as much Trump as its losing Ailes. The only reason Fox News is a thing is because of him. Trump being a poo poo flinging monkey is making it worse, but the wheels came off the minute the Murdoch sons and the board took out Jabba the Hut.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Helicopters, dude. We generally flew formations measured in rotor discs. This was not that, though. I could probably whip up a quick video for another thread later.

Oh. I thought you were talking fighters or heavies.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Weather channel for waiting rooms or GTFO.

gently caress the Weather Channel. Bullshit sensationalist trash. You shouldn't use them for a drat thing. If you want weather info use the NWS website or Weather Underground if you need an app. All TV weather is garbage.

Also H&G TV for wait rooms.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Weather Underground's app feed pulls from the NWS in the best layout for an app. That and they provide the easiest access to credible tropical model data if you live on the east or gulf coast. At least until they gently caress it up in 6 months.

TWC is the Fox News of weather.

Get your weather from the NWS, skip the sensationalism.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Keith would perform for two penguins fuckin a walrus if it meant he could suck Trump's dick.

Dumbfuck is straight up the worst kind of trailer trash you could scrounge up.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The best part about the Clarke plagiarism poo poo fest that one of the sources he hosed up was the ACLU.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This is a really loving stupid hill to die on.

He was a racist and stabbed a black guy to death.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

joat mon posted:

Not as important as a court of law, which can put you in prison. Flynn doesn't need to spill his guts yet, and the investigations don't need to pay for his testimony with immunity yet.

Flynn needs to do whatever lowers the prison sentence he's is going to receive for the poo poo they know he did wrong. Like lying to the FBI and failing to register as a foreign agent.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Katy Tur made this same joke.

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/866650941805797376

Terrible Robot posted:

Just loving shoot them next time, gently caress.

Thats my solution. But then again, I don't have very foreign friendly international policy ideas.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Sounds like there are reports that authorities have remains of a suicide bomber.

There goes all my edgy jokes.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/media/seth-rich-family-letter-hannity-fox-news/index.html

Hannity is turning into an even bigger piece of poo poo over this Seth Rich thing. Hopefully he ends up losing his job over this since the old guard seem to be dropping like flies

Fox's management needs to yank him before they get sued into oblivion by the family.

By yank I mean execute him in the middle of his A-Block.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

orange juche posted:

The poo poo I don't get is why in the gently caress is the US allies with the House of Saud instead of Iran? Like, why in the gently caress would you become buddies with arguably the worst bunch of fuckheads in the gulf and burn your bridges with Iran? There's a lot of poo poo the US can do and could have done to normalize relations with Iran but lmao no we're gonna stick with the Sauds even though their ogliarchs have kicked off most of the islamic terrorist groups in existence.

Money. A poo poo ton of it through actual money changing hands through construction/business financing and back channel oil deals.

Casimir Radon posted:

Caveats included the past two election cycles have proven that Iran has a lot more chance of changing than Saudi Arabia will barring something incredibly drastic. 2009 too if the Imams hadn't interfered. Behind a lot of government window dressing your average Iranian is sick of the bullshit and wants better. What they want doesn't entirely align with our interests but far more than with the Sauds.

This isn't exactly true. In the unlikely event the rest of the ruling class allow bin Talal to live long enough.. He is a massive driving force in modernizing Saudi Arabia. Iran is moving much faster because the youth some how figured out the oppressive Shi'a rule is hindering their ability to succeed not just a nation but as individuals. But SA has a small number of its large modernization movement realizing that they are going to need to speak up. Once that starts to grow, and if Talal gets hold of power it will, then you will see 30-40 years of social evolution take place in 5-10 year period and all hell will break loose. Frankly its going to happen anyway once the rest of the world figures out that renewable energy is cheaper and oil becomes a "for cars only" product cutting consumption in half, if not more due to the rise of electric cars. At which point their plan B is hoping to become a tech capitol.

Someone did a really good in-depth article on the fall of Saudi Arabia that lined all this out, but its too much :effort: to google it up.

orange juche posted:

Where would you rate Persian women on the scale of hotness? They're definitely way up there imo.

Persians are just like every other nationality. They all have hot women.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Brits may be angry at Trump for releasing name of attacker to US press.

Edit:

Vasudus posted:

I hope that in 10 years time they finally reveal that it was Jimmy the Diet Coke retriever that turned States first. Jimmy is why all these goombas asking for immunity are getting laughed at. Because Jimmy was the first.

The one thing that I think gets lost in all this is the "why?". As in why is all of this getting out/leaking. Yea I get that someone started because they felt that something wrong was happening or a crime being committed. But at this point its a loving race to see who can throw their molotov cocktail first.

Leading to my favorite thing ever.

The books that will be written about how toxic the environment is in the White House. How loving miserable is Trump making everyone there to cause them to race to the press to be the anonymous source on the next scandal. And how many of them are going to sell themselves out as "the source" once they get a pardon from prosecution for leaking? Because holy poo poo is that going to be an amazing tale.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 24, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

I like how no one seems to even notice or care that he stated how many subs we have active in the area and that the NYT reported the number.

I hadn't had the chance to read the article until I saw this post and then dropped what I was doing to see if that actually happened.

What the gently caress....

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Which is how the get around him not knowing where they are but get him to sign off on the movement.

"What the gently caress is this?"
"Eviction notice for a poor black family. Sign here."
"There. Now fetch me a Diet Coke."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/867308873153208320

Pope dropping sick burn fat jokes at the expense of Trump.

To Melania.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffdobbs/status/867339962475307008

One of the dirty rumors running around Monday was that he wasn't going to get the senate votes for confirmation so they had to yank him.

It's a poo poo choice and if anyone has half a brain they will find some internal guy, promote him and tell Donnie he is a Trump guy anyway. Then just run interference anytime Trump wants to stick his nose in the FBI's poo poo. Use one of those balls with a bell in it or a laser pointer.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

orange juche posted:

Hosts file ad blocking is the poo poo man. None of the ad links will even resolve on my pc even if somehow my adblock stuff takes a massive poo poo. I update it weekly from a master list that keeps up with new domain registrations and resolves them all to 0.0.0.0

https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

NoScript is a bit too far for me because I like my webpages to still function somewhat. People don't know HTML standards (they're lazy as gently caress) and so they will set up their page as some poo poo that exists solely to launch a javascript web page and if you use NoScript it will simply be a blank page you cannot go to.

Does it get rid of that dumb rear end pop out video screen that takes up a 1/3 of the lower right of your screen and chases you down the page auto playing despite every loving measure you take short of gutting the rear end in a top hat page developer who installed it with a spoon?

Because Im totally looking for something that does that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

orange juche posted:

0% of these polls matter unless they translate directly into a matter of political survival for Congress cretins during the midterms. If there's a loving bloodbath leading up to 2018 in all of these special elections it's gonna be like the loving night of the long knives as they stab each other and Trump to make sure they don't wind up the one standing when the music stops.

Better analogy.

Spoiler alert. If you haven't seen Reservoir Dogs... You are a chump.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

As a reminder, the Immigration Executive Order is dead on two fronts, pending appeal. The 4th circuit said "gently caress your travel ban", the 9th circuit said "gently caress your travel AND refugee ban". Both are pending action in the Appeals Courts, potentially going before the Supreme Court.

The 4th Circuit of Appeals just ruled and continued to say "gently caress your travel ban".

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867802355844222976

So even if the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals reverses themselves (doubtful), Donnie's travel ban is hosed. As it stands now, the travel ban remains doublefucked, with one of the fuckings only able to be unfucked by the Supreme Court. The refugee ban is singlefucked, but that's enough for now, pending the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling.

The basic legal reasoning is basically "Donnie said muslim ban" https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/867804133163753473

SO MUCH WINNING!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The better option its the reds to push that steaming pile of poo poo through and kill a bunch of people. Because that will do way more damage to the GOP as a collective than anything Trump can do.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

lol

Montana got ... well you know.

This is a bigger thing than it looks.

Its a double digit erosion in a heavily rural area full of uneducated poor whites. Which is Trump's base. Also, something like 60-65% of the votes were done by mail ahead of the incident.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

holy loving hell

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/867834190078906370

he's BRAGGING about an approval rating of 48%

Rasmussen is also a heavily conservative leaning poll that is widely considered trash.

Most of them are 10 points lower as Milk pointed out. And thats not going to get much better with the poo poo storm brewing from the National Lampoon European Vacation.

Things are going to get real interesting when the Feds hang Jared by his toes in a basement and start putting the screws to him. Rick Wilson correctly pointed out that Kushner isn't built well for prison and he will sing whatever song he has to to get out of going to the klink. Bannon, who already hates him, is the lead on the new crisis response team they are building to fix the Russia poo poo storm. As soon as he gets a reason he will sew Star of Davids on all of Jared's clothes and change his name cards to Jude. Selling out Flynn and the rest as Russian contacts will be that reason.

Edit: Clarified last point.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 26, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Man I wish she would just go the gently caress away, never to be heard from again.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Brezhen....Carters guy died. Sorry it's Friday and I'm not trying to spell his name.

Zbigniew Brzeninski and his flunky William Odom once saved us from nuclear winter when the Ruskies hosed up a drill and signaled a 2,220 missile launch.

He was a big rear end deal in the national security and foreign relations communities.

Edit: And his name is unpronounceable in the english language.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/titivil/status/868470634241810432

lol he's gonna get pissy about all this and stuff in the future and gently caress with NATO isnt he

The only thing he can do about NATO is be a crybaby beta bitch.

Congress, specifically the Senate, won't let him do anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Noriega is dead.

I'm more surprised to find out he was still alive. I thought he died years ago.

• Locked thread