Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I predict a white male, probably a graduate of BYU or UVU (which probably would've been UVSC at the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Genocide Tendency posted:

So apparently there is going to be a Trump interview aired on SirrusXM 124 containing this:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/859020505034231809

Apparently Trump thinks Andrew Jackson was a great person that was upset with the formation of the Confederate States, and would have prevented the Civil War.

Audio:

https://twitter.com/LawyerRogelio/status/859043629796667392

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

How do we know if we got promoted in IRR?

You would get a letter, actually.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

edit: THE GREAT PROTECTORS OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE

SkyMan!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/AAPsyc/status/859405734383112192

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

gently caress it, we'll do it live!

This was bugging me for like two hours before I could place it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Like, how in the gently caress do you fit through doorways with balls that big? I mean yeah there's persevering in the face of intense enemy opposition, and then there's loving banging mortars on rocks to arm them and hurling into the face of a charging enemy force. Like, what the gently caress do you do after you have become the literal paragon of badassedness?

Serve as mayor and retire to your cattle ranch, apparently.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Out of town 3 days and there are 9 new pages.

Did I miss anything big besides the House passing the "gently caress sick people" bill and some GOP moron literally claiming that lack of healthcare never killed anybody?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Didn't repost last time, and I have no money.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^I'm as baffled as those kids.

Genocide Tendency posted:

"Soviet.. Excuse me Russian.. Freudian slip.."

:lol:

Who said that? It's brilliant.

lightpole posted:

What happened that people can no longer look past a simple talking point and do any sort of in depth analyzation?

Doesn't fit in a tweet, and wastes too much airtime that could be spent on fiery, meaningless 1-line zingers.

Chichevache posted:

He calls it "foreplay".

loving :lol: that's the highlight of my day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

So, if someone from the administration had indeed colluded with a foreign power... who's gonna do anything about it now?

Caro. He's our only hope at this point.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The one I work with was fine with it because Comey of the Hillary non-prosecution, but after I repeated "He was fired by the guy he's investigating" twice, it clicked for him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im calling it

trump resignation incoming

No loving way. He still thinks he's doing well.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if hes screaming at tvs it's gonna come time that he says gently caress it all and takes his toys and goes home. once the gop is forced to turn against him. not because he lost, but because the crooked GOP was so tainted that they rejected the will of the people who are both the people that are the only real americans and his voters.

pence takes office, does his best gerald ford impression for 3 years. flynn goes to prison. trump pisstape never revealed.

I don't think so. I think he continues to get pissed off (because those idiots in the FAKE NEWS are too stupid to see that he's making America great again!) until he's impeached, strokes out, or gets reelected in '20.

Meanwhile, Pence is doing his best to stay out of the spotlight so if poo poo does hit the fan, he can still walk out onto the red carpet looking presidential.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

this is good poo poo, MacArthur getting smashed by constituents in a town hall, live now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBUP_UxHYLs

:lol: People literally started in at the end of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yep. And if you cross your fingers behind your back, that oath you took to tell the truth doesn't count.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

They can impeach for basically anything they want. (Like a blowjob)

Or perjury.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:stare: This would be amazing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Missionary Positron posted:

That seems, uh, kind of dumb. I can understand it from an emeregency perspective, i.e. potus/vp both die somehow and continuity of government needs to be secured, but wouldn't impeachment etc. be a textbook example of a scenario where new elections would also be wholly appropriate?

Why in the hell do you think anyone except these very same people would be the party frontrunners?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hmm...so state actor or independent assholes?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ok, the "admission yesterday that he fired Directory Comey..." what was that? I remember the bragging about how he was going to fire Comey regardless of recommendations, but I do not remember this bit.

Fister Roboto posted:

"im not a crook! im not a crook!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into nixon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t8hpEKb4gk

Also, this:
https://twitter.com/Pixelfish/status/863053326530756608
:lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Downloaded. gently caress the haters, that must never die.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

What does an indictment even do? He can just say "lol no" and it's over. It has to be an impeachment first before anything like that can apply to the president unless I'm completely wrong in my understanding.

Actually, it's not that simple. The Constitution is not at all clear on the issue. There are no court rulings to use as precedent. The closest thing we have is that on the two occasions this has come up (Nixon and Clinton) the government decided not to try, suggesting they didn't believe they had the authority to indict and prosecute in proceedings outside Congressional impeachment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's not really a rule. Nobody knows what will happen, except that if they try it you can bet it'll be decided by the Supreme Court.

Edit: That said, it's Louise Mensch. It's not happening.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Jesus, he really is just a flaming Nazi.

Ah yes, the Nazis...among Russia's best friends.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

Hey where are Godholio and IYAAYAS to act all indignant about this.

:confused:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

I don't think godholio ever defended trump he just didn't like Hillary

This was always my motivation. I didn't like that she got a pass just for being a Democrat. I don't know how to explain why Trump gets away with everything, it's utterly baffling.

psydude posted:

IDK I just thought for someone so interested in HER EMAILS he would have been thrice as furious about this.

I'm just too exhausted after the never-ending stream of whateverthefuck, and I know everyone here would love to hold his feet to the fire about it already.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^But they'll have to actually do something first. Sitting on their haunches and waiting for everything to roll in because of course it will is exactly what happened in 2016. And so far I don't see much evidence that they're going to change strategy. Most of the Trump supporters I know are still Trump supporters. Waiting for him to gently caress up just one more time isn't going to cut it.

psydude posted:

I'm curious because I think you're the voter that Democrats need to reach most: someone who didn't vote for Hillary but who loathes and is confused by Trump. Like, what do people who wanted to Trump That Bitch because of her e-mails think about this? In an objective, retrospective sense (I absolutely do not mean to be condescending), was it worth it?

The ones I know are mostly the Ben Ghazi types. There are a couple that are starting to recognize reality, though.

All the Democrats had to do to get my vote was give me a reasonable option. At least 3/4 of the (D) senators would've worked. I despised both candidates and knew exactly what my state was going to do anyway, so I voted none of the above.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 16, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah hey maybe let's not go down this loving path, eh?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, this is stupid to do right now. You need to do it when the GOP is pissed off, not when they're busy spinning in circles with their foreheads on baseball bats. All this is going to do is force them to call for a testudo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Thwomp posted:

Theres no way Trump resigns. It'd be the ultimate embarrassment/defeat/submission. His world is entirely about domination, his ego would never stand for it.

Nixon, the poster child for grievance and paranoia, had at least enough sense of duty to allow for resignation.

Trump has no sense of duty.

I hope he tries to settle. :downs:

Delizin posted:

Pence can't pardon state crimes. Earlier news articles were talking about ongoing investigations by state Attorneys General, particularly New York. If they try all the pardoning poo poo, I really wouldn't be surprised to see state charges being brought up at some point. With all the allegations of money laundering and a possible RICO investigation it seems like they'd be able to find state law violations in there.

An Al Capone style side-conviction of something tangential would be entertaining.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Just :lol: if you think they're going to be treated like the average schlub.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

tastefully arranged labia posted:

uh

Conventional I hope?

Scuds and similar are being launched pretty regularly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Strike variants have been shot down by surface-to-air systems before. The F-15 is undefeated against other airplanes.

E: :f5:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Like Desert Storm, Allied Force, and the dozen or so Israeli engagements? Yeah. Something like 108-0.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Several MiG-29s. Mirage F1s, , MiG-25s and 23s, which are late 3rd-gen fighters.

But yeah. It does count, because that's air superiority. That's what keeps bombs off our guys.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You mean the Blackhawks that weren't squawking properly? Or crazy poo poo like the F-15E that dumped an LGB on a goddamned hovering helo?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

That helo kill and an F-111 getting some dipshit to CFIT are cool as heck.

Not just an F-111, an unarmed EF-111. :lol: The crew got DFCs.

And yeah, that helicopter was on the ground at release, and there was a SOF team lasing it...it took off and they kept the laser on target. Boom.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I've seen far more Blackhawks squawking wrong than right. They didn't learn poo poo.

That shootdown completely changed AWACS training. An entire month was added to the training pipeline for new controllers and for every positional upgrade (every upgrade except instructor/evaluator). The community is still annoyed that the only person to face any real blowback was the AWACS SD. He was acquitted, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

Actually, it was the Strike Eagle WSO kept the laser on target. It was in the article I linked.

That's actually the first account I've seen where the WSO gets that credit...sounds like the crew themselves wrote it, so I'll buy that.

quote:

The EF-111 crew absolutely deserved the DFCs and the kill.
Totally.

quote:

Yeah, that was some bullshit. It's been a while since I last read about the case, but IIRC there was (is) a fundamental reluctance among aircrew to officially condemn the in-the-moment decisions of their peers. See also: Tarnak Farms. The SD got left holding the potato when the music stopped. Not to say he didn't do anything wrong, but he was just one hole in the cheese.

The problem with nailing the SD is that as you say, he was one cog. The entire AWACS mission crew shared equal blame, but back then the kind of internal communication used today just wasn't taught or emphasized. The one thing that could've avoided the whole situation was people in the surveillance and weapons sections talking to each other within and between the groups. A couple of people saw the Blackhawks fade, a couple of other people picked up the "new" contacts when they cleared terrain...terrain which is not displayed on the AWACS radar scope. Nobody was talking to each other. Nowadays there are a thousand variations of "Don't play 'I've got a secret'" and "a message not acknowledged is a message not received" within the AWACS community. But how the two pilots who incorrectly VIDed escaped prosecution when someone else didn't is beyond me. Honestly I don't think anyone deserved charges on that one. Blackhawks with those stubby wings...I mean, I can see how it happened.

• Locked thread