Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

E: Actually, I'm kind of peeved. Didn't change anything != fielding literally every helo with Mode 4 and determining that it required a GO waiver to fly without Mode 4 in combat zones is a pretty big change. It just took literally a decade or more (more like 2+ decades) to field all the upgrades.

Maybe big Army learned, but the crews didn't. Or, more likely, the lessons faded over the intervening years. Mode 4 is one of the smallest pieces of the puzzle, frankly. In another venue we can discuss why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Big in normal times: 18 of the 20 Chinese sources for the CIA have been killed from 2010-2012.

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/865964775137849344

FBI thinks the Chinese have/had a mole in the CIA, the CIA isn't sure. Yikes.

Wow this is sloppy

18-20, not 18 OF 20.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

What?

Thats definitely the right article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr_CWr5iSLY

4 cops, one shoots the guy 3 feet in front of him. Pretty obviously the lady should not have gotten away scott free.

gently caress Oklahoma pretty much.

Weird, I see a dude doing exactly the opposite of what he's being told, then reaching into a vehicle.

What video are you watching?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Heres the overhead video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmIfTEZRBko

The statement about what happened in court also states that he was shot before reaching into the car.

At no point was deadly force called for.

:shrug: A noncompliant guy acting unpredictably and reaching into his vehicle (you can see it in the helo video, before he's shot) is going to be treated as a threat. I'm not saying he deserved it, but trying to string up the woman who shot him is more excessive.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

But isn't there a world of time for non-lethal options before capping the guy?

Not really...tasers and pepper spray are the only possibilities, and they're always useful. She thought he was on PCP (she was right) and there are a bunch of cases where tasers (and pepper spray) are completely ineffective on such people. If I'm walking up on a guy who keeps putting his hands in his pockets, refusing to comply with any commands, and there's anything close to the size disparity as there was here, I'm probably going to reach for the option that's more likely to be effective in neutralizing the potential threat. Which is, ultimately, the goal.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

gently caress yeah!!! Neutralize all drug users!!!

STARTING WITH GIP :commissar:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 21, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why? The UK left Europe. :downs:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kansas, Nebraska, and eastern Wyoming/Colorado are horrible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

What's your point? You go back 80ish years in Japanese politics and they were beheading captured American soldiers. I don't see them returning to that. 50 years ago people were marching for equal rights in the south. Around the same time a sitting president decided to rescind the presidency rather than face impeachment.

If you have to reach back over a century to draw parallels to today, it might be because the actions of the present are indefnisble

Edit: Cain killed Abel, and maybe we'll never get past that as a society? Who can say....

The point is that we never stopped.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I don't think generalizing those events onto the entirety of the united States is particularly representative or anything. Are turfwars between gangs in Illinois and California a sign that the country never developed past violent factionism?

Along with other indicators, yes.

not caring here posted:

I was getting hype and then I saw the release date of February and now I'm not very hype.

Nov 8 would've been incredible.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 26, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wait, are we jumping on the guy who took a (really long) moment to decide how to answer an incredibly stupid question? Why aren't we going after the moron who doesn't know that Saudi Arabia is not a loving democracy?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I think you guys have too much faith in Comic Book Guy's slightly more mature older brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tweet of 2017.

• Locked thread