Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

tastefully arranged labia posted:

i'm the ginger kid staring directly at the camera

I'm the dude that couldn't figure out if he wanted to be Link, a ninja turtle, or a banana

Edit:

mlmp08 posted:

That cop who shot the hell out of an unarmed man's backside and killed him has plead to federal charges.

It was a classic case of suspect was going for my taser until video to the contrary came out.

I really want some judge to point out that if dudes in Syria and poo poo can upload fully sick 4k ultra HD footage of them magdumping AKs into sand dunes, then police have zero excuse to not be able to operate a body camera in suburban America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

An administration led by Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture would be more competent than what we have right now

The state of the union address is just a shot of the Problem Light:

Also give Dr. Orpheus Spicer's job, complete with dramatic music

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/likes

And just in case it gets unliked

:smith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

suboptimal posted:

Meanwhile, if you are upset about how godless liberals have prevented god-fearing folk from engaging in political activity, fear not! Our godly president has just signed an order lifting most of the restrictions on churches engaging in political activity.

I wonder if this is why Liberty University has been falling over themselves to host him at any and all opportunities.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Opiates are a pretty serious problem.

Let's stop fighting them!!!

quote:

On Friday, Politico's Dan Diamond reported that the White House will gut funding for the Office of National Drug Control Policy, the executive branch agency coordinating efforts to fight the opioid epidemic that has swept through rural areas of America over the last few years.

Diamond reports that Trump's proposed 2018 budget would slash funding for the office by 95 percent, drastically cutting staff and eliminating a program that helps communities fight addiction at the local level.

The war on drugs is a yuge success, the biggliest. Winningest even, tremendous. Wow.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Bonus: Congressional walkout in front of a bunch of kids https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/861743506657865729

Snowflake delicacy level: Fragile as spun glass

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

mash dat motherfuckin' retweet for palette swapped David Duke

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

orange juche posted:

God drat i wonder if spicey feels like the band on the titanic

E: i wonder if this is what it felt like to watch Watergate happen

Watergate 2: Pisstape Boogaloo

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

pence takes office

I'm not fully wild about this. Would Mattis be a good president instead?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

Pence is gonna be terrible. Like really goddamned terrible, because he's your standard issue god-fearing R.

Trump is disruptive and destructive enough that he has basically single-handedly mired his own Presidency in so much poo poo they can't get anything done.

Yeah, exactly. And Pence has fans on both sides so it'd a little easier for him to push bullshit through. Or he did, last I heard.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's not a hypothetical. We already have a succession act. If T&P are both out, Ryan is president full stop. If he's out, too, it's Orrin Hatch from the senate.

Please no Hatch ever

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

"im not a crook! im not a crook!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into nixon.

Nice

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I think we should all be very concerned about whatever military action he's contemplating to take the gaze off of this Russia poo poo.

Worst case is going kinetic on the DPRK, best case is taking Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan to "the next level"

Jesus gently caress almighty it's gonna be a blood bath to get a diversion.

Pretty much :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Lol that the only school Trump could conceivably talk at was Liberty U, which had a compulsory attendance policy for the ceremony with the threat of kicking people out for booing.

A christian for profit (?) school owned by Jerry Falwell lol

Non-profit, surprisingly. Which is interesting considering Liberty is constantly buying up property in Lynchburg and always building new stuff. You come into town and it's cranes all over the place putting together dorms and apartments and poo poo for the school. Not for other people of course, school use only.

This is also the same school that has brownshirts wandering town looking for rule violators. I had one stomp up to me in a parking lot and demand my papers so he could give me demerits for swearing in public.

Because everyone in Lynchburg is a Liberty student, you see. :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

McNally posted:

Is there anything in Lynchburg worth visiting? 'Cause goddamn, I think it might almost be worth a drive out there to troll those fucks.

Nothing that can't be acquired or observed elsewhere. There's the Civil War with a heavy leaning to the ~*Glory of the Confederahceh*~ side of things museum nearby in Appomattox, but that's it.

Richard Bong posted:

Please tell us more about the brown shirts.

E: it's crazy to me that they actually try and give you demerits or something in town.

not caring here posted:

Telling someone you don't know who they are to produce ID so they can ruin your academic life sounds like a good way to get beaten purple and stuffed in a storm drain.

For a minute I thought I was going to be mugged going by the dude's body language but then LIBERTY MORAL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, GIVE ME YOUR STUDENT ID!! and I'm all "gently caress you say?"

Pretty sure that reply short circuited his brain.

I've never heard of someone actually attacking them though. I suspect if someone did it'd get all Waco real quick. There's also the kind of person that Liberty attracts to consider as well. But yeah there's folks who have the job to ensure the students are adhering to the ~*values and virtues*~ of the school even off campus. poo poo like seeing an R rated movie = demerits, etc.

psydude posted:

Just think of how much someone has to suck to look at all of the other universities in Virginia and say, "I want to go to Liberty."

Yeah they're usually locals from nearby counties. The folks I knew that went there were all crazy eyed before, now they're that creepy dead crazy eyed, all glazed over and fake smiles that bear way too many teeth. For a while I dated somebody before they enrolled and they would quietly sing hymns to themselves after we fooled around so yeah, Stable As gently caress. Same person later conned myself and a mutual friend into Liberty's "Scared straight!!!... TO JAYSUS!" haunted maze bullshit. Lotta familial pressure in those kids, full on "if you venture past the county line you're kin no longer!!" and "I built you a house behind mine now make with the grandchildren no you don't get a say in this I'm your father" poo poo. Kinds of families with five, maybe six generations under one roof and always pridefully talk how it's a good thing that nobody has left in a century.

shame on an IGA posted:

I stopped to eat in Lynchburg once passing through it's some creepy poo poo. Even Bob Jones is better simply by virtue of being in Greenville.

Accurate. Also they got rid of the Sonic's and put yet another loving car wash in its place :argh: The last time I was in Lynchburg I got home just as the sun was going down and there were dogs in the street and a shitload of cars at one of the five churches in town. None of the street lights were on, none of the lights in the houses were on either, but the church sure was lit up and the marquee outside read "God loves you whether you like it or not!"

Basically southern Virginia is Carcosa is what I'm getting at. :v:

Chichevache posted:

Tracy Porter agrees. :hawksin:

:thurman:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

That's some loving The Handmaid's Tale poo poo :stare:

Pretty much, yeah.

Softface posted:

Some idiot from my idiot high school wanted to be a biological engineer but didn't believe in evolution, so he went to Liberty University. He was a weird gently caress who dropped off all social media years ago so unfortunately I can't see how his life plan collapsed immediately and he had to enlist as infantry.

Sounds right. I know it's lovely to assume somebody ended up X way because they went to Y school, but all the Liberty graduates I know are complete dumpster fires. Like full on living in Squalor Holler with four kids, a fifth on the way, and wanting to move into the hills away from society with no contact with the outside and no indoor plumbing and poo poo.

I mean drat I may have hosed my life up flatter than hammered poo poo but I'm not yearning for the heady joys of gravity toilets and raising half a dozen children while working three minimum wage jobs.

Course the only reason this person is married is because her then boyfriend got her pregnant and if they didn't get hitched her dad would've full on murdered him and gotten away with it clean on account of "The brown impregnated my pure nubile white daughter and I, a certified Good 'ol Boy, am fulfilling my duty!". Being related to the sheriff is just a bonus. Her parents met when her dad was doing community service for stealing an air conditioner and saw her on the side of the road playing with dolls and was all nice. :banjo:

This is the kind of region where people can't have anyone else bad mouth it, swear up and down its great, but then in the next breath pray that their kids never return leaving you to wonder if it's because they know deep down there's nothing for them here or because it'd interfere with their day drinking. Heavy Trump country too when shitloads of people are alive because of the ACA. Same people that burn down five cigarettes in an hour while telling you about their adventures with cancer.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I once bumped into Jerry in town. He stumbled into a Subway with a woman on each arm and smelt faintly of bad cheese.

Unrelated although only partly because lol Appalachia's opiate problem is a nightmare and lol Vice and all, but holy gently caress:

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/medical-doctor-tom-price-recommends-god-as-the-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

A massive idiot posted:

Asked about drug treatment options, Price touted faith-based programs while showing less support for medication-assisted programs in which addicts are weaned off heroin with other opioids like Suboxone and methadone.

"If we're just substituting one opioid for another, we're not moving the dial much," he said. "Folks need to be cured so they can be productive members of society and realize their dreams."

:cripes:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Holy poo poo :catstare:

In other news, here's a prime example of superior aryan genes from that neo nazi rally this weekend (and daily reminder of gently caress Richard spencer)

CommieGIR posted:

Tom Price has solved the Opioid crises: He prescribes God

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/medical-doctor-tom-price-recommends-god-as-the-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

:doh: Hopefully, you'll have time to find him in jail since Sessions wants maximum sentencing again.

Nah people won't go to prison for pills, that honor goes directly to the minorities hopped on the devil's lettuce. Pill poppin' good 'ol boys just need to pray harder :banjo:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

loving palette swapped David Duke.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tanks look fun on the outside but watching footage of the inside I get all nervous and anxious and poo poo :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

not caring here posted:

Being in the driver's seat is like being in a toasty, warm cocoon of other people's death.

I say toasty and warm because you have the heater controls in there. And you better believe my ride was warm as gently caress.

I never thought a tank would have that kind of climate control, neat!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Look everyone. Just accept that impeachment is not going to happen. It makes everything better.

LIKE HOW BOB MUELLER HAS THE POWER TO DEPOSE THE PRESIDENT ON CAMERA

It's sad that Congressional Republicans are relieved about this whole thing, but it's orgasmic that the White House has to be making GBS threads bricks.

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/864972559447728134

ACLU: "We applaud the selection of Robert Mueller, former director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for that role. While we sued the FBI on multiple occasions under Mueller's leadership, we are confident that he can and will carry out an independent investigation."

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/864976180675522561

Is it time to get hype? I feel it's time to get hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofqmWpXJZ8

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Can Sessions get booted out too? I feel a lot of people are complicit with this poo poo.

Gimme President Mattis please

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Potentially. He could get tied up for obstruction. But before you get president mattis you need Trump, Pence, Ryan, Hatch, Tillerson, and Mnuchin to all go down.

poo poo I thought Mattis was after Hatch :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wonder how many of them had diplomat IDs.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who built a following among conservatives with his provocative social media presence and strong support of Donald Trump, said Wednesday that he's taken a job as an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security.

The tough-talking, cowboy hat-wearing firebrand said in an interview with WISN-AM talk radio host Vicki McKenna that he will work in the Office of Partnership and Engagement as a liaison to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies. He will start in June.

I'm barfin' out loud

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

The danger zone is now anytime the east coast is awake. Even morning stories sort of build traction on twitter so theres momentum before they hit the evening news. Then its all over facebook.

But soft! What tweet through yonder window breaks?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kuroyama posted:

It slipped by unnoticed, considering everything else going on.

With a 2-1 vote, the FCC will begin revoking the 2015 Net Neutrality regulations.

Some dingus gonna palmslam breitbart.com into their browser and be surprised when they have to upgrade their internet package to access it

But we were making it great again!! Freedom of the press!! :byodood:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Oh they're going to touch a globe nothing could be bad abou-

https://twitter.com/dphrygian/status/866392536809488386

:stare:

Why contain it? S'cool. Believe me. The coolest.

E:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 21, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Missionary Positron posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/868877582372089857

Congrats on becoming a banana republic North Korea in record time, America. :patriot:

Juche: Now available in orange!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va5_rn3vG3A

• Locked thread